C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-Force Supercharger vs. PRO CHARGER

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by captainbob
Andy, you and I have spoken on the phone a few times. I would say IMHO you are one of the best when it comes to blowers based on your years of experience, and your designs with the best cooling I've seen. You told me that you would not recommend running over 550 rwhp on a stock LS3.. That's when I knew you were a straight shooter.. I have been racing for years, and blown a few engines with blowers, and tunes that were supposed to be "Bullet proof" "Super safe".. I have run both centri and twin screw PD's.. Yes the heat soak is there with a PD.. But so is the additional torque on the low end w/ a PD. I think to some of us it's about preference.. I know when I decide to go back to centri you will be the guy for me.. Just a question for you.. I know allot of guys would like to know your opinion on this.. Why do GM, and Ford build some of the worlds most powerful production cars using PD vs. Centri?? Thanks in advance..
Packaging is easier with a PD unit. Large external intercoolers and external tubing are hard to package in an OE application. That's probably the biggest problem to overcome. Look how many years I've been trying to perfect it.
I really did try to fit a T Trim on my Cadillac. Short of taking a sawzall to the car, it was pretty much impossible to fit it in there.

The "look" is important to sales, and it's all about sales. The average buyer perceives a supercharger as something that sits on top.

"Eaton" is a big player and can provide the necessary components in the quantities needed. Neither Vortech or Procharger could fill that bill. They can't really start from scratch and build a whole new charger without violating Patents or without years of developement and testing.

Obviously there are pros and cons to both. I tried to convey my opinions as a person who has both and prefers one over the other, rather than as a manufacturer touting his own products.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:12 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

Why do GM, and Ford build some of the worlds most powerful production cars using PD vs. Centri?? Thanks in advance..[/QUOTE]
Good question!! Maybe cost
,complexity, centri more laggier

Quick Reply: E-Force Supercharger vs. PRO CHARGER