C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-Force Supercharger vs. PRO CHARGER

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 01:53 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by shootincyclone
That much lag to where you arent churning and burning rubber until top RPMs? I had a lot of fun in my LS3 before putting on the blower doing just that
Another person that has no idea what they are talking about. The SI, T-trim, ECS 1500, or P1SC base kits are all capable of ripping off 9 second passes in full street trim on stock cars. Have you driven and raced both type of kits.

Not posting as a hate on the EForce kit, but if you think the centri kits "lag", you are way off.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:31 AM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 04-17-2012, 07:42 AM
txvettefan
Instructor

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Next time I'm in Mercedes or San Antonio that is fine with me. Oh you will have to get your facts straight first though. I don't have headers (yet) and its on 7psi.
Dude,

I thought you pulled the trigger on the headers. You should reconsider on the LS7 manifold & cats. SA is a 250 mile drive that I make routinely, because my children live there.

Our path to Corvette ownership is very simular in regards to our long time builds becoming the victims of accidents.

Later
Old 04-17-2012, 08:27 AM
shootincyclone
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Another person that has no idea what they are talking about. The SI, T-trim, ECS 1500, or P1SC base kits are all capable of ripping off 9 second passes in full street trim on stock cars. Have you driven and raced both type of kits.

Not posting as a hate on the EForce kit, but if you think the centri kits "lag", you are way off.

I was quoting Kadorja on the first page of this thread. He mentions ''noticable lag'' on the centri blowers and I was a little surprised because my buddy has an A&A on his LS3 and he can blow the tires away anytime he wants. I've never heard him talk about lag...
Old 04-17-2012, 08:43 AM
NJLS708
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was quoting Kadorja on the first page of this thread. He mentions ''noticable lag'' on the centri blowers and I was a little surprised because my buddy has an A&A on his LS3 and he can blow the tires away anytime he wants. I've never heard him talk about lag...
I can blow the tires up on my Z without a SC. Lag does not mean your car isn't making power. Lag is the time between throttle application and the introduction of "boost" into the manifold.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by txvettefan
Dude,

I thought you pulled the trigger on the headers. You should reconsider on the LS7 manifold & cats. SA is a 250 mile drive that I make routinely, because my children live there.

Our path to Corvette ownership is very simular in regards to our long time builds becoming the victims of accidents.

Later
Never considered stock manifolds and won't. The headers aren't on the car yet so it's not official but by the afternoon sometime they will be lol. Lived in San Antonio for two years and visit often and my grandparents live in the Valley so I'm very familiar with the area.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Kadorja
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by winters97gt

Centris do have somewhat noticeable lag on them. It just depends on the gear you are in. I can see boost while casually driving as low as 2-2.5k rpm and I can avoid boost well above that... it just depends. I enjoy that simply because I can get on the throttle in a higher gear and not have to worry about roasting the tires or I can downshift and go part throttle and have the right amount of boost to fly by someone. I haven't had the chance to watch my boost gauge and stomp on it in 1st to see exactly when the boost kicks in under load. I try to concentrate on the HUD and road at any gear under 4th.

As for the comment on the top end traction... yeah I can spin the tires at pretty much anytime I want to in a lower gear. Even without boost its still an LS3 with long tube headers. An easier way to say it is that I can get traction by feathering the gas pedal until the top of 1st and 2nd where I have to go nearly full throttle to keep up that RPM. I can roll around at idle speed and stomp on it and possibly hook up for a second but there's no traction after that. I know for a fact I can dump the clutch and spin the tires up to 85mph... doesn't mean I try to every chance I get.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:25 PM
captainbob
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Kadorja
Centris do have somewhat noticeable lag on them. It just depends on the gear you are in. I can see boost while casually driving as low as 2-2.5k rpm and I can avoid boost well above that... it just depends. I enjoy that simply because I can get on the throttle in a higher gear and not have to worry about roasting the tires or I can downshift and go part throttle and have the right amount of boost to fly by someone. I haven't had the chance to watch my boost gauge and stomp on it in 1st to see exactly when the boost kicks in under load. I try to concentrate on the HUD and road at any gear under 4th.

As for the comment on the top end traction... yeah I can spin the tires at pretty much anytime I want to in a lower gear. Even without boost its still an LS3 with long tube headers. An easier way to say it is that I can get traction by feathering the gas pedal until the top of 1st and 2nd where I have to go nearly full throttle to keep up that RPM. I can roll around at idle speed and stomp on it and possibly hook up for a second but there's no traction after that. I know for a fact I can dump the clutch and spin the tires up to 85mph... doesn't mean I try to every chance I get.
Tires, and PSI will dictate traction as well.. If your running the 1/4 mile I can hook w/ WOT off the line with the right tires, and PSI.. The 60' time will pretty much tell you if you hook, and if your run will be good. Of course when I set my PSI for the street then I have to feather to get the traction I need..
Old 04-17-2012, 06:45 PM
Kadorja
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by captainbob
Tires, and PSI will dictate traction as well.. If your running the 1/4 mile I can hook w/ WOT off the line with the right tires, and PSI.. The 60' time will pretty much tell you if you hook, and if your run will be good. Of course when I set my PSI for the street then I have to feather to get the traction I need..
NT05 street tires. Lot harder compound than the NT05Rs and I'm running 32 psi. Not the best traction but they are lasting pretty long...
Old 04-18-2012, 02:04 PM
txvettefan
Instructor

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Never considered stock manifolds and won't. The headers aren't on the car yet so it's not official but by the afternoon sometime they will be lol. Lived in San Antonio for two years and visit often and my grandparents live in the Valley so I'm very familiar with the area.
Edinberg will re-open April 25th and a Grand Opening on the 28th. Hope that you visit your family members in the RGV soon.

Regards
Old 04-18-2012, 02:30 PM
ghostmech
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with RealCanuk....it's all about personal preference. Unless drag strip bragging rights are your goal, most people with a C6 should care little about which one is a little faster. In fact, other than bragging, most people don't do mods to be drag strip heroes and may not even go to a drag strip at all. Most lap racing guys don't take much stock, if anything from drag strip ET either.

If you make a choice solely based on someone's opinion which they based on an ET, you're not really doing yourself any favors. Remember, most people who modify their C6 performance still drive it on the streets and want a reliable car. I'm not saying a centri cannot be reliable, because they certainly can, but the more you do to you car's performance level, the more you put reliability in jeopardy.

I personally think the Edlebrock system is more attractive by way of a stock appearance. Centri's look like an add on whereas the E Force looks much more factory and a cleaner install. Add to that the warranty factor and you have a very reliable, yet powerful system. Remember to factor in what you are really looking for before buying into drag strip numbers.

Last edited by ghostmech; 04-21-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:56 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostmech
I agree with RealCanuk....it's all about personal preference. Unless drag strip bragging rights are your goal, most people with a C6 should care little about which one is a little faster. In fact, other than bragging, most people don't do mods to be drag strip heroes and may not even go to a drag strip at all. Most lap racing guys don't take much stock, if anything from drag strip ET either.

If you make a choice solely based on someone's opinion which they based on an ET, you're not really doing yourself any favors. Remember, most people who modify their C6 performance still drives it on the streets and want a reliable car. I'm not saying a centri cannot be reliable, because they certainly can, but the more you do to you car's performance level, the more you put reliability in jeopardy.

I personally think the Edlebrock system is more attractive by way of a stock appearance. Centri's look like an add on whereas the E Force looks much more factory and a cleaner install. Add to that the warranty factor and you have a very reliable, yet powerful system. Remember to factor in what you are really looking for before buying into drag strip numbers.
WHAT???? Whoa, whoa, whoa there scooter....You're seriously ignoring one of the cornerstone undeniable truths regurgitated over and over on this board.

"IF you experience any kind of HP increase from F/I, you are going to turn into this raging boost maniac that can only be satisfied by 1000+rwhp." You need to plan for it becuz it IS going to happen. Kinda akin to tasting a beer and knowing you're going to wind up face down in a gutter due to alcohol poisoning. Or maybe smoking a little hippie luttuce and resigning to the inevitable fact that you're going to end up dead with a needle in your arm. Ahhhhhh shoot.

Just kidding guys. Hope everyone is having a great spring

OH, and my blower is better than yours
Old 04-18-2012, 11:30 PM
mdaniel
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I've had both an E-Force and a ProCharger (D-1SC). I'd imagine my input would be at least as valuable as those who are chiming in who have had neither!

E-Force - good all around . Nice mid-range. Lots of fun on the street. Slow as crap at the drag strip. Heat soaks in two seconds.

ProCharger - heap of crap. peaky, like most centrifugals. Loud, sounds like your car is about to fall part, and rightfully so - as if you jump on it in cold air or when the stars aren't aligned the belt is likely to fly off and leave you stranded.

Those who have have never had issues - save me your horse sh.it. I've been in this game for a *long* time and have seen your cars, that never have belt issues, on a trailer leaving the drag strip after you ate a tensior, broke a PS bracket, or chucked a belt.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:28 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by mdaniel
I've had both an E-Force and a ProCharger (D-1SC). I'd imagine my input would be at least as valuable as those who are chiming in who have had neither!

E-Force - good all around . Nice mid-range. Lots of fun on the street. Slow as crap at the drag strip. Heat soaks in two seconds.

ProCharger - heap of crap. peaky, like most centrifugals. Loud, sounds like your car is about to fall part, and rightfully so - as if you jump on it in cold air or when the stars aren't aligned the belt is likely to fly off and leave you stranded.

Those who have have never had issues - save me your horse sh.it. I've been in this game for a *long* time and have seen your cars, that never have belt issues, on a trailer leaving the drag strip after you ate a tensior, broke a PS bracket, or chucked a belt.
The issues you have are not happening with an A&A kit! Period end of story! 3 installs and 50 k of no issues. You need to rethink about the latest kit and not the old stuff from 12 years ago.
I stepped up and bought a new C-6 and an A&A kit! That was in
late 2007. The kit by then had a great bracket and tensioner and has already been improved again. so your old experence with an procharger kit was not valid anymore !
Old 04-19-2012, 02:06 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostmech

If you make a choice solely based on someone's opinion which they based on an ET, you're not really doing yourself any favors. Remember, most people who modify their C6 performance still drives it on the streets and want a reliable car. I'm not saying a centri cannot be reliable, because they certainly can, but the more you do to you car's performance level, the more you put reliability in jeopardy.

I personally think the Edlebrock system is more attractive by way of a stock appearance.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:21 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mdaniel

soundslike whom ever installed you D1 needs to be banned from working on cars.. i know SEVERAL people with p1,d1 and F1 kits who have zero belt issue.. sounds like your rock star installer aligned your pullies in the dark.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteLightning_
soundslike whom ever installed you D1 needs to be banned from working on cars.. i know SEVERAL people with p1,d1 and F1 kits who have zero belt issue.. sounds like your rock star installer aligned your pullies in the dark.

Get notified of new replies

To E-Force Supercharger vs. PRO CHARGER

Old 04-19-2012, 07:09 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteLightning_
No doubt! People get installers that should be doing something else for a living, have a major malfunction and blame it on the product. Pay someone for a half azz job and that's what you get!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:34 AM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

1- go TT
if you cannot/not interested, then

2- Centri
then

3- anything else
Old 04-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Ross C
5th Gear

I guess those stupid engineers at GM (ZR1) and Ford (660 hp 2013 GT500) don't know what they are doing putting a PD blower on their cars.

Quick Reply: E-Force Supercharger vs. PRO CHARGER