C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HAS ANYONE RAN METH ON THE E-FORCE? Any updates?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 04:00 PM
scottss
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 8 Posts

Default HAS ANYONE RAN METH ON THE E-FORCE? Any updates?

Hey guys,

Just wondering if there are any updates to the Edelbrock E-Force Meth quest...I have another tuner locally that has a 2009 CTS-V LSA @16lbs of boost...next summer he plans on putting meth on his own car...His stock S/C is very similar to the E-force so he has an idea of how we could do meth on my car... He has an idea of how to "create/fab" a place (post rotors) to add the meth injection...he did say that you "could" do a pre-rotor spray, but as ALL of you on this site have stated...that is the gray area. He did also say that with the PROPER tune and meth...I could even run a smaller pulley 3.25". He has a very good reputation around here (more LSX based)...he told a friend of mine that all should be fine @10psi in the LS3 = it is all in the tune...also with that much heat generated, you MUST have METH...

Just another way to bump this meth quest...

Scott
Old 10-23-2010, 05:51 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by scottss
Hey guys,

Just wondering if there are any updates to the Edelbrock E-Force Meth quest...I have another tuner locally that has a 2009 CTS-V LSA @16lbs of boost...next summer he plans on putting meth on his own car...His stock S/C is very similar to the E-force so he has an idea of how we could do meth on my car... He has an idea of how to "create/fab" a place (post rotors) to add the meth injection...he did say that you "could" do a pre-rotor spray, but as ALL of you on this site have stated...that is the gray area. He did also say that with the PROPER tune and meth...I could even run a smaller pulley 3.25". He has a very good reputation around here (more LSX based)...he told a friend of mine that all should be fine @10psi in the LS3 = it is all in the tune...also with that much heat generated, you MUST have METH...

Scott
Scott,

Have your tuner buddy take a good look at the Edelbrock. The top cover comes off easily enough with about 10 allen head bolts. There is probably a way to create a post rotor spray bar in that area under the cover.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:23 PM
ttfanatic
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scottss
Hey guys,

Scott
Did you come up with a solution yet? I'm also fabricating/working on a post solution right now...
Old 04-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I cant seem to find a "spray bar" do they have to be made from scratch or does someone make them?
On the side of the Eforce by the fuel rails the runners are kind of exposed enough to maybe drill for 8 sprayers right into the runners. Would that be better than the plenum or is it better to spray before the intercoolers?
Old 04-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Julio
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I think this is getting over complicated. Simple meth system shot through the blower will allow a bunch of additional timing through the added octane.

Meth has been shot through blowers for years with no ill effect. meth as in 100% meth not washer fluid or other water product. This is the "gray area" as too many people say meth when they should say washer fluid or mix.

Best is a relative term. Sometimes a plastic knife gets the job done. Whereas "BEST" would be a carbon steel knife. The power levels with an E-force are plastic knife in the grand scheme of things.

You wont have an residue with straight alcohol, can add 6-8 degree's additional timing on pump gas, pickup power, etc.. all real easy and been done already.

Or drill and tap 8 nozzles, add solenoids, additional wiring, complexity, deal with an ultra expensive meth setup for a car making 7-800 hp. Its not a 1200 HP setup at 28 PSI boost.

Now the way to do is tracked of the MAF. That way the pressure is regulated based on air flow though the meter. Tunes out perfect.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:26 PM
0Slowhawk
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes it does tune out perfectly
Old 04-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Julio
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Yes it does tune out perfectly
Welcome to the dark side of tuning PD blowers using MAF

Here's a listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytar3...e10Cb8FgvewkM=
Old 04-10-2012, 08:54 PM
0Rob@ChampionMotors
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Julio
I think this is getting over complicated. Simple meth system shot through the blower will allow a bunch of additional timing through the added octane.

Meth has been shot through blowers for years with no ill effect. meth as in 100% meth not washer fluid or other water product. This is the "gray area" as too many people say meth when they should say washer fluid or mix.

Best is a relative term. Sometimes a plastic knife gets the job done. Whereas "BEST" would be a carbon steel knife. The power levels with an E-force are plastic knife in the grand scheme of things.

You wont have an residue with straight alcohol, can add 6-8 degree's additional timing on pump gas, pickup power, etc.. all real easy and been done already.

Or drill and tap 8 nozzles, add solenoids, additional wiring, complexity, deal with an ultra expensive meth setup for a car making 7-800 hp. Its not a 1200 HP setup at 28 PSI boost.

Now the way to do is tracked of the MAF. That way the pressure is regulated based on air flow though the meter. Tunes out perfect.

We used many of Julio's kit for years without any ill effects.PD blowers need 100% meth
Old 04-11-2012, 08:39 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I'm running my eforce with alky running off the maf as Julio says and it works great.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Julio
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dragracer_Art
Good to see you here on the Corvette Forum Julio !

I thought you only posted on the Turbo Buick sites.

I'll be in touch soon. I'm about to pull the trigger on a blower for my C6. It will be getting alky too, just like my old GN's.

Take care !

ART (Yullose from the Buick boards)

To the OP... don't hesitate adding Alky to your blower car. There really is no downside to it. Only more power.
Great to hear your having thoughts of modding the C6

You have so many choices of blowers... The ECS kit is very popular
Old 04-11-2012, 05:22 PM
wallyj
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Just ordered my kit from Julio

Last year I was kicking around trying to desin a spraybar to go under the blower cover, but I'm just going to install it as designed. It will be easier to tune that way too.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Zteve
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No ill effects on the rotor coatings?
Old 04-12-2012, 08:38 AM
Six-Gun-Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Zteve
No ill effects on the rotor coatings?
Takes the coating right off piece by piece....it's up to the end user to decide how important a coating deemed necessary by the manufacturer is to overall longevity and operation.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Julio
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Six-Gun-Todd
Takes the coating right off piece by piece....it's up to the end user to decide how important a coating deemed necessary by the manufacturer is to overall longevity and operation.
Please post pictures using straight methanol injection

Old 04-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Lethal Racing
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We run 100%meth on the PD blower. Definately works for added timing. Alky kits are great and we run the PD blower with a MAF based system. Very nice.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...0rwhp-vid.html
Old 04-12-2012, 10:49 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Six-Gun-Todd
Been running Julio's system for a month now and my rotors have totally disintegrated.

Seriously, that story is getting old. I will see the effect, if any, in a few years and worry about it then. Many with serious mods rebuild an engine every few years, so if the SC needs rebuilding its no big deal.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Six-Gun-Todd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Been running Julio's system for a month now and my rotors have totally disintegrated.

Seriously, that story is getting old. I will see the effect, if any, in a few years and worry about it then. Many with serious mods rebuild an engine every few years, so if the SC needs rebuilding its no big deal.

Old perhaps...but plenty of examples to support it out on the web.

My personal M112 Eaton head unit running on my Nissan Titan has 50k abusive miles and still has complete coating coverage without meth all be it thin in places it has abraded. I've seen a half dozen M112 and TVS units that have not been so lucky spraying 100% methanol in much less abusive situations.

Also for the record....sprayed 100% reverse osmosis water through a M112 in a diesel application with no coating degradation.

Last edited by Six-Gun-Todd; 04-12-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To HAS ANYONE RAN METH ON THE E-FORCE? Any updates?

Old 04-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Six-Gun-Todd
Burning Brakes

So to state again.....

It's up to the end user to establish if the ends justifies the means
Old 04-12-2012, 07:02 PM
jxhunte
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I am moving to the dark side (100% Methanol Injection) using Julio's Alky Control System on my E-Force. More and more people with the E-Force are adding Methanol Injection. Some going 50/50 and others, like myself, will be spraying 100% Meth. My kit is on its way and I will be happy to report back concerning performance. We should have some real world facts and data to share soon. Like realcanuk, if the rotor coating goes south, I will have my unit rebuilt. However, that is only if performance is impact in a negative way. When increasing torque and HP, the rotor coating is way down on my list of concerns. The odds of blowing my motor, transmission, etc., are currently higher on my list.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:06 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by jxhunte
I am moving to the dark side (100% Methanol Injection) using Julio's Alky Control System on my E-Force. More and more people with the E-Force are adding Methanol Injection. Some going 50/50 and others, like myself, will be spraying 100% Meth. My kit is on its way and I will be happy to report back concerning performance. We should have some real world facts and data to share soon. Like realcanuk, if the rotor coating goes south, I will have my unit rebuilt. However, that is only if performance is impact in a negative way. When increasing torque and HP, the rotor coating is way down on my list of concerns. The odds of blowing my motor, transmission, etc., are currently higher on my list.

Any questions just ask. I'm no expert but did the install myself and spent lots of time on the phone with Julio.

Quick Reply: HAS ANYONE RAN METH ON THE E-FORCE? Any updates?