C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kenny Bell Boost-A-Pump Failure

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 12:36 PM
txvettefan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kenny Bell Boost-A-Pump Failure

Dudes,

My A&A Superchargered 09 C6 was falling on its face under boost and the Boost-a-Pump (BAP) was the culprit.

I was experiencing an intermittent fuel pressure failure and removed the Racetronix Wiring Harness. Then reattached the BAP and fuel pressure reminded @ zero and verifying the grounds were solid, and then by-passed the BAP and fuel pressure went to 60 psi.

Due to the fact that Tim Haines Haines Motorsports retained all of the GM Engineering Safeguards in my tune. We didn't even burn an electrode off of a plug!!!!!! Tim was trained by Joe @ Left Coast in SoCal and the guys @ A&A were very impressed!!

In classic A&A fashion they are sending out a BAP today! Many thanks to A&A, Tim, and Joe.

Best Regards,
Old 07-02-2012, 12:43 PM
NormWild
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

You're the first I've ever heard of having a KB take a dump, it almost always the MSD. Nice job averting a disaster. I keep looking at ECS's piggyback as an alternative to my KB when I eventually pulley down.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Deezee757
Racer

I know the kb comes with the ECS kit, but lethal recommended I upgrade to the msd and I did. No issues so far. Id replace it with that
Old 07-02-2012, 01:48 PM
txvettefan
Instructor

Tomorrow afternoon I do the swap and just for my own peace of mind perform a compression test.

This is not my 1st SC car and sprayed 250 on my old Camaro. The plugs tell the tail and bank 2 looked a little lean, but clearly not hurt. In addition, the vacuum gauge is dead solid and idles perfect.

I think my Alky Control Meth kit also played a small factor, but the guys @ A&A are right my tuner is awesome!!

Last edited by txvettefan; 07-02-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:10 AM
Racetronix
Supporting Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Deezee757
I know the kb comes with the ECS kit, but lethal recommended I upgrade to the msd and I did. No issues so far. Id replace it with that
The KB unit is way more robust than the older MSD unit.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:55 AM
txvettefan
Instructor

For the record, my Racetronix Wiring Harness was clearly not the problem.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Deezee757
Racer

Im not sure about the older MSD, but the new one is great. I even "heard" rumor that ECS was going to switch over to it. I cant confirm that though. The only thing I DO know is there have been some failure issues with the KB wich is why Lethal had me upgrade mine from the start. Just throwing out some ideas. I know if mine failed Id be hesitant to replace it with the same unit. Sounds like your tuner is good to go! Hope your issue is sorted out quickly.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:49 AM
txvettefan
Instructor

Anything designed and built by "MAN" will fail. I personally had never heard of KB or MSD BAP's failing, but that's just my luck. Now Magnavolts is a whole differant matter.

Last edited by txvettefan; 07-03-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Deezee757
Racer

Lol very true. I didnt know either way, I just listened to my tuner. I plan on doing an ECS fuel system eventually, so either BAP wouldve been ok for now I guess. Like I said, I just went with what they sugested.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:19 PM
txvettefan
Instructor

It's always good to follow the advice of a "Subject Matter Expert"

Get notified of new replies

To Kenny Bell Boost-A-Pump Failure

Quick Reply: Kenny Bell Boost-A-Pump Failure