C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nasty Performance Fuel Rails Installed....Full Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 03:09 AM
Deezee757
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nasty Performance Fuel Rails Installed....Full Review

So the last time I was out at Lethal Racing I was talking to Nick about further cleaning up my engine bay. He was installing a set of fuel rails in a gen V camaro and we got to talking about options for my vette. He told me about a product I hadnt seen on a C6 here yet. Nasty Perfomance fuel rails. So I got in touch with them and after a few small snags its all together now!

First off the rails are the BEST quality aftermarket stock replacments I have seen to date! The AN- fittings that screw into the ends of the rails have O-rings to avoid leaks, all the fittings are -8AN and perfect! I think the quality is even better than the Jegs fittings I had at the house when I compared them!

I opted to order mine in black, but natural, polished, and custom colors were otions too. I chose to use black AN- fittings, and silver ss lines. Once again there were other options. The fit and finish are all top notch! Everying lined up perfect and there were no issues on the install. Well not once I got all the right parts. (Ill explain below.)

There were a few "notes" Id like to pass on to future buyers

1.) Check to be sure all your parts are there.

I bought the rails, the install kit (ss lines/fittings), an inline FP gauge for under the hood. I also got two inline fittings. One for my fuel pressure sender to my fuel pressure gauge in the car, and another one to mount the fuel pressure gauge under the hood. (I know why 2? But I liked the look, and it keeps it "even" under there. Lol!! Anyways, when I opened the package I was missing the two inline fittings! A quick call to Nate at nasty and they were on their way.

2.) Double check your mounting brackets

Nasty Perfomance makes 3 different size mounting brackets for the rails. Tall/Med/Short. For a "stock injector" you need the med size. I didnt realize it at first, but I had recieved 3 Med, and 1 short! Ugh! Another phone call and more parts on their way.

3.) Stock replacment injectors may not be the same as stock size!

Lesson learned here. I recieved the Med mounting tabs, but once installed I was chasing leaks! First inj #1, then #2, then... You get the idea. Another call to Nate and he told my my injectors (Siemns #60's) may be shorter and thats why I had been getting my leaks. Sure enough they ARE shorter, and I needed the short mounting tabs! More parts on the way! Lol.

4.) ECS guys with Seimns #60 injectors. You need the short mounting brackets, and one thin washer under them. No washer the injectors would bind a little. One thin washer was PERFECT and you cant see it.

5.) I also bought 4 shorter screws for the bottom of the rails to mount them to the brackets. The ones with the kit were too long. Though I talked to nate and that issue should be fixed now.

After MANY phone calls, and GREAT customer support I got everything I needed. I was SO HAPPY with his support I couldnt even get mad about the mix ups! That says somthing to me! I was never asked to pay for any additional shipping or parts, even when I needed shorter mounting brackets, and that was my fault.

After I got all the right parts I havent had a single leak or issue. Great setup for sure, and I would buy from them again. Granted the kit is not the cheapest one out there. You do get what you pay for though. The rails themselves with mounting tabs are $230-$280 depending on the color option you want, the install kit (ss line, and all AN- fittings) was $140 (those do add up quick!) but he did throw in the 2 inline fittings for free. And my inline FP gauge was $33. I paid right around $400 for everything, and did the install myself. As for where to buy just google it. I dont think they are a vendor. Im kinda shocked I havent seen these here yet either way.

Here are a bunch of pics I snapped when I was done. Sorry lighting sucked and came out grainy! Thanks again nick for schooling me on engine bay clean up! And for knowing where to find exactly what I was looking for! See you next week for the meth! Wait did he just say.... Lol Stay tuned

Before

After

Last edited by Deezee757; 07-08-2012 at 03:45 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:01 PM
FamousRR
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

They have some real nice products. Looks much better.

I just ordered a set of valve covers with the coil brackets. Talk about nice quality pieces.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:43 PM
NSANEC6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They look great. Nice job under the hood my friend.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Deezee757
Racer

Yea had I not just installed the hollys on mine I woulda looked hard at those too! I do love my hollys tho

Thanks Steve! Going back for meth in 2 weeks too
Old 07-08-2012, 02:47 PM
BLACK-10
Instructor

turned out very nice
Old 07-08-2012, 05:08 PM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

I have their valve covers and coil relocation brackets. First quality in all respects.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Deezee757
Racer

Thanks nick! The long talks we had and watching you do a few helped a lot! now all it needs us dual meth nozzles and the clean up will be done!:P
Old 07-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Clean engine bay
Old 07-08-2012, 07:17 PM
paydirt
Racer

those look so sick, def going to have to get a set for myself.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Deezee757
Racer

You won't be dissapointed!
Old 07-09-2012, 03:03 AM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

looks nice!! who else make fuel rails that fit a stock intake??? does FAST sell those??

I might order a set for an LS3 intake. did they have those in stock?? thats my only concern I need a set asap!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:59 AM
Deezee757
Racer

Ive seen a few others. BBK, Areomitive to name a couple. I wasnt imressed with the the quality of either in comparison. I dont know if fast sells their own for a stock manifold, Ive only ever seen the fast on their intakes. As for instock yes mine were. As long as you want them black, raw, or pollished you can get them quick im sure. Custom colors will take longer. Give them a call. Their customer support is top notch! Just be sure to read all my notes above and you should be fine!
Old 10-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 270 Posts

I am reviewing this old thread to see if anyone else has messed with these fuel rails....
Old 10-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Mookster
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael_D
I am reviewing this old thread to see if anyone else has messed with these fuel rails....
I have their rails going on my TT car right now...they are to be top notch rails
Old 10-07-2014, 04:34 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Every set of Nasty rails that has been installed has leaked. The quality sucks. Maybe it has improved, but the set I bought wasn't even deburred from the injector drilling.

Aeromotive fit great every time.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Mookster
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DSteck
Every set of Nasty rails that has been installed has leaked. The quality sucks. Maybe it has improved, but the set I bought wasn't even deburred from the injector drilling.

Aeromotive fit great every time.
Curious when was the last time you installed Nasty's rails? Joe @ Cordes swears by Nasty's rails and they have experience with Aeromotive's and Nasty rails
Old 10-07-2014, 05:12 PM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

Received 212 Likes on 118 Posts

why spend all that money? I have the holley rails and they work great, look great (are black also), and are much cheaper.

Get notified of new replies

To Nasty Performance Fuel Rails Installed....Full Review

Old 10-07-2014, 05:14 PM
Nasty N8
Heel & Toe

Curious as well as we offer the highest quality fully CNCed parts I have ever seen or compared them to. Everyone that has seen "Other Brands" next to ours say the same. We have offered Premium rails for LS1/X for 15 years before any of the big names. Now different story with 5000 different injector sizes it is difficult for customers (or us sometimes) to decipher what mount they need. (why big brand says screw you don't fit get a spacer). Feel free to call with any concerns.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 270 Posts

I'm curious to what leaks on aftermarket fuel rails. I see and hear about leaks, but little details regarding what is leaking. I suspect the majority is installation error, and no fault of the product. Braided hose fittings are easy to screw up. The wrong sealant could cause leaks or damage to an oring....

But anyway, I'm looking to clean up a wire orgy and converting from the oe rail would help.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:18 AM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
Curious as well as we offer the highest quality fully CNCed parts I have ever seen or compared them to. Everyone that has seen "Other Brands" next to ours say the same. We have offered Premium rails for LS1/X for 15 years before any of the big names. Now different story with 5000 different injector sizes it is difficult for customers (or us sometimes) to decipher what mount they need. (why big brand says screw you don't fit get a spacer). Feel free to call with any concerns.
In 2010, I bought polished rails. Three of the injector holes were not deburred AT ALL and had large hanging chips inside the rail. There was also still machining debris inside both rails. I had no interest in installing them on my car because of this and sold them. After cleaning them up, they were installed on a LS7 with stock injectors. 40 miles down the road, an injector oring blew out from the rail. This same thing happened to four other vehicles with Nasty rails, and not even the same install shop. We have never had an oring blow out with FAST, Aeromotive, or Holley rails. Those experiences in the past were sufficient to never spend money on those products again.

The fact that nobody even took the time to deburr the drilling and counter boring was very disheartening.

Michael_D, to answer your question on leaks, many of them are installation error, but insufficient depth of the counterbore or too large of a tool can result in leaks despite an installer's best efforts. I suspect the rails we dealt with suffered from insufficient depth as the bracketry always had to be modified to push the rails down harder.

Quick Reply: Nasty Performance Fuel Rails Installed....Full Review