C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Meth kit for an E-Force SC ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 11:01 PM
Dale Pittman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Meth kit for an E-Force SC ?

For those who have a Meth kit with an E-Force SC, what make and model of kit do you have and how is it working for you.

Where are you spraying it into the intake (before or after the TB) and at what boost level are you activating it and at what spray amount?

What amount of additional timing can you add when using the meth with I his SC.

Thank for any details from those who have this combo.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:51 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Using Alky Control run off the maf, not boost. Its spraying before the throttle body and keeps the iats about 30 degrees cooler on dyno pulls or runs at the track. Its a single nozzle and I have the setting on 7. I'm not really sure how much volume it sprays. Call Julio at alky control and he can explain what you need and the benefits of running off the maf for pd blowers, where the boost comes in so early.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:56 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Nozzle placement...

Old 09-14-2012, 09:41 AM
jxhunte
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I also have Julio's Alky Control System. I am spraying 100% Meth before the TB with the Nozzle located/positioned near the area in realcanuk (Jody's) post. My system is also using the MAF to trigger the system (approximately 2,500 rpm @ WOT) with the remote controller set at 7. I don't believe the meth has had a large impact on my IAT's. If I were spraying a water/meth combo, I would probably see a difference similar or the same as Jody indicated in his post. No issues what - so - ever with this system so far. My results with the Alky System are similar to what I experienced using Race Fuel, only now I no longer need Race Fuel. I purchased another 5 gallons of Methanol at Bandimere on Monday for $3.25 per gallon, cheaper than 91 octain gas in our area. My timing (2006 LS2) is set to approx 15* @ WOT with an AFR of approx 10.0. I can drive around all day long and never use an ounce of Meth. The only time Meth is used is at WOT.
The following users liked this post:
zrracer (01-23-2016)
Old 09-14-2012, 09:52 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by jxhunte
I also have Julio's Alky Control System. I am spraying 100% Meth before the TB with the Nozzle located/positioned near the area in realcanuk (Jody's) post. My system is also using the MAF to trigger the system (approximately 2,500 rpm @ WOT) with the remote controller set at 7. I don't believe the meth has had a large impact on my IAT's. If I were spraying a water/meth combo, I would probably see a difference similar or the same as Jody indicated in his post. No issues what - so - ever with this system so far. My results with the Alky System are similar to what I experienced using Race Fuel, only now I no longer need Race Fuel. I purchased another 5 gallons of Methanol at Bandimere on Monday for $3.25 per gallon, cheaper than 91 octain gas in our area. My timing (2006 LS2) is set to approx 15* @ WOT with an AFR of approx 10.0. I can drive around all day long and never use an ounce of Meth. The only time Meth is used is at WOT.

Very similar. My timing is also around 15 and I also use hardly any meth in my normal driving routine as I am not in boost too often. Maybe the drop in temps is due to me using about 50/50 mix. Seems to work great. My afr at wot is set for .80 lambda, which is about 11.5. You play it safer than I do !!!
Old 09-14-2012, 10:57 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

I just read your post in another thread about IATS. I agree they can be an issue at the track but the combination of a beehive shroud and the water/meth has helped a lot. I honestly believe the placement of the TMAP on the eforce gives us higher than actual readings when the car is shut down even for a few minutes. That sensor is right in the head unit and just gets heat soaked terribly. I wouldnt move it but I would also not take those readings totally as accurate.
Here is a scan of on the dyno. This was the third pull with no cooldown period in between. you can see the max IATS seen there are 124. At the track I generally start a run at about 130ish if the car sat a bit and at the end of the run they are about the same. I dont pull any timing there and get good power.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:26 AM
jxhunte
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Icing the Head Unit and spraying/misting the intercooler help with controlling IAT's. Icing the head unit is a big pain for little improvement. Spraying a 50/50 mix would probably pay bigger dividends but I plan to stay with 100% spray. My commanded AFR is 12.9 but what I see is 10.0 spraying 100% meth. I see no knock throughout various changes in the temp/DA. I seldom see a pass where I don't pull timing. My results at Bandimere are amoung the best for cars with similar configurations (PD top mount or centrifugal). When the DA hovers around 9,000 feet I have a 12 second car. When the DA drops to around 8,000 feet, I have a 11.7 car with my best ET of 11.6. The best DA I have ever experience at Bandimere was when I was NA with a DA of 7,200' (fall of 2010).
Old 09-14-2012, 11:28 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Icing the Head Unit and spraying/misting the intercooler help with controlling IAT's. Icing the head unit is a big pain for little improvement. Spraying a 50/50 mix would probably pay bigger dividends but I plan to stay with 100% spray. My commanded AFR is 12.9 but what I see is 10.0 spraying 100% meth. I see no knock throughout various changes in the temp/DA. I seldom see a pass where I don't pull timing. My results at Bandimere are amoung the best for cars with similar configurations (PD top mount or centrifugal). When the DA hovers around 9,000 feet I have a 12 second car. When the DA drops to around 8,000 feet, I have a 11.7 car with my best ET of 11.6. The best DA I have ever experience at Bandimere was when I was NA with a DA of 7,200' (fall of 2010).
You gotta move !!! lol

Get notified of new replies

To Best Meth kit for an E-Force SC ?

Quick Reply: Best Meth kit for an E-Force SC ?