C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Nitrous Fed Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 01:33 PM
GenX DTP
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Nitrous Fed Corvette

First off I would like to thank Justin aka Juic3d for answering all my questions. If it wasn't for his build thread then I would have never even considered nitrous.

Thanks to Chris and everyone at Nitrous Outlet. Although I only bought a few parts from them, they have never steered me wrong. Their customer service is just OUTSTANDING!!!! I know for all my nitrous needs I will be going with them. Thank you Chris for clearing up the situation with the crazies. LOL

Thanks to Lethal Racing. I finally got a chance to hang out with Nick and Shawn at the shop. Talked to Nick all day about cars, learning a few tricks here and there. I hope you got to watch Bama just rolled tide on ND. LOL

The previous mods are in signature. New mods are exactly the same as Justin's but with a #15 bottle instead.

New numbers are 588whp/612rwt on a 75 shot. Before we started I specifically asked to stay around 600whp give or take. With the 100 shot I was 651whp/636rwt. My fuel was maxed out, still running on stock fuel system besides a 20amp kb bap. I figured if Justin can do a 100 shot without bap then I'll do 75 shot with bap just for added insurance. Here's the graph for ya. Enjoy!!!!

Old 01-23-2013, 02:28 AM
lilmiller74
Instructor

Thats some killer power from a 75 shot!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:12 AM
narfdanarf
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That car seems to love the nitrous...LOL at 170hp on a 100 shot setup that's very nice....kinda sad you had to scale it back.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:01 PM
GenX DTP
Advanced

Yea, figured around 600 would suffice. That is til I get a clutch and a couple of other goodies to make sure it can ahndle the added whp. This is still a DD for me.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:37 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by GenX DTP
Yea, figured around 600 would suffice. That is til I get a clutch and a couple of other goodies to make sure it can ahndle the added whp. This is still a DD for me.
nice keep us updated on 1/4 times
Old 02-01-2013, 12:35 PM
NitrousNeal
6th Gear

awesome numbers!
Old 02-01-2013, 03:24 PM
GenX DTP
Advanced

Originally Posted by NitrousNeal
awesome numbers!
Thanks Neal!!! You probably don't remember just because you get so many calls. But you also had helped me quite a few times on the phone too. Great customer service with everyone at nitrous outlet!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 03:41 PM
NitrousNeal
6th Gear

Thanks Neal!!! You probably don't remember just because you get so many calls. But you also had helped me quite a few times on the phone too. Great customer service with everyone at nitrous outlet!!!

Glad we got the problems ironed out. Those numbers make me wish i had bought the C6. If the dealership wouldnt have sold it the day i went to get it
Old 02-01-2013, 04:23 PM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

Nice
Old 02-01-2013, 04:25 PM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

And.. here is another NOS fed corvette.

Perhaps I should have said, "This was a NOS fed Corvette"?
Old 02-01-2013, 05:19 PM
frc
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EuroRod

Some people amaze me on this forum. Who knows how this car was setup or if it even had nitrous. To the OP nice ride and numbers.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:21 PM
TRINIC5
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by EuroRod

You should say here is another NOS corvette that was not done by a professional or a person who understand NOS, (if nitrous really caused this) because Nos is as safe as any Force Induction.
NOS is safe OP, enjoy it and have fun.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:33 PM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

That Vette in question. I believe it was the fuel system that caused that. But it had No2 on it lol. Again it was the craftsmanship and not what it had on it. I remember when that was circulated a while back.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:26 PM
GenX DTP
Advanced

Glad we got the problems ironed out. Those numbers make me wish i had bought the C6. If the dealership wouldnt have sold it the day i went to get it
Never to late to get a c6. Hey with the c7 coming out soon the c6 can be had for a great price.

I'm by far no professional but have been around cars quite awhile to know how things work. With plenty of reading, help from the forums, and friends helping, I'm more than confident it was done correctly. Now that does not dismiss the fact that something may go wrong, but I took all the necessary precautions and tried my best to make sure if it does fail, then it wont be because of user error or install.

Thanks for the pic eurorod, this is just a great reminder that ANYTHING can happen.

For all the great comments, I will enjoy this.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 AM
NitrousNeal
6th Gear

Never to late to get a c6. Hey with the c7 coming out soon the c6 can be had for a great price.

I'm by far no professional but have been around cars quite awhile to know how things work. With plenty of reading, help from the forums, and friends helping, I'm more than confident it was done correctly. Now that does not dismiss the fact that something may go wrong, but I took all the necessary precautions and tried my best to make sure if it does fail, then it wont be because of user error or install.

Thanks for the pic eurorod, this is just a great reminder that ANYTHING can happen.

For all the great comments, I will enjoy this.

True.

That would have been a fuel leak or an electrical fire that caused that. If the bottle would have ruptured there would have been a lot less left of that car.

The only way that a nitrous system could have caused that fire is if a fuel connection would have leaked or the wiring was messed up causing the fire.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:04 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

True.

That would have been a fuel leak or an electrical fire that caused that. If the bottle would have ruptured there would have been a lot less left of that car.

The only way that a nitrous system could have caused that fire is if a fuel connection would have leaked or the wiring was messed up causing the fire.
usually what happens is a backfire from detonation or hitting at to low an rpm resulting in blowing the intake apart, leaving injectors spraying fuel all over spark and fire, no rpm switch or fuel pressure switch, wide open throttle activation switch, some people just hook them up with just a button even torque management on an un tuned car, limp mod
Old 02-06-2013, 01:53 PM
JUIC3D
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Tech Contributor
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14

Sorry I missed this thread. Congrats on getting it finished. Glad I could help iron out the bugs.

I actually upped the shot to 150 on bone stock fuel system (pulling from the rail) and went 10.2@139. I have since finished up the standalone cell and am loving every minute of it.
Here are a couple pictures in the middle of the install/re-wire.

Get notified of new replies

To Another Nitrous Fed Corvette

Old 02-06-2013, 01:56 PM
JUIC3D
Le Mans Master

Tech Contributor

Oh and pull that crap 75 shot out and put in the 52N.. 75 shots are for Hondas
Old 02-08-2013, 11:39 AM
GenX DTP
Advanced

Originally Posted by JUIC3D
Oh and pull that crap 75 shot out and put in the 52N.. 75 shots are for Hondas
Haha wish I could or have the ***** to go higher but the tuner said he saw a little detonation and I'm more than good with the 75 shot (for now)

Is that a custom dedicated fuel cell we had talked about earlier? Looks very clean.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:44 AM
JUIC3D
Le Mans Master

Tech Contributor

Ya, I snapped those pics real quick during the install.

You should be more than capable of running a 100 shot on the stock fuel system. What are you using to tune it with? How are you pulling the timing? Do you have 2 tunes that you have to load when you want to run on motor vs run on spray?

Quick Reply: Another Nitrous Fed Corvette