C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good cam with procharger (needs some lope)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 02:18 AM
Kadorja
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Good cam with procharger (needs some lope)

Alright guys and gals. Anyone have a good idea for a cam that has a pretty good lope? I think I'm getting ready to re-enlist for a couple more years and figure now's a good time to upgrade the clutch and toss in a badass cam to keep me happy but not go overboard with the HP.

Anyone have a good video or audio clip of some cams? I really loved the sound of my old Mustang GT I had and I know that it wont be exactly like how it sounded but I want something pretty close. Like a pair of Harleys with drag pipes at idle if anyone knows how sexy that sound is...

If you wanna hear it put it on 720p and jump to about 2:00. Listen for a good 30 seconds.

I want something healthy sounding but mean. None of that crap that sounds like the car is on its last leg and about to die at any moment... it's a nice sound for some cars but that's just not what I'm looking for. Nothing that extreme.

I also would like for it to work pretty well with my procharger. Not looking for a ton of HP since I doubt the fuel pump can take much more anyways but I would rather it compliment the power gains up top and give me a little more kick down low.

I've looked around at a lot of different cams and they all sound pretty good but I can't really seem to find a whole lot of good clips online. I hate shooting blind at this stuff. I did a lot of research for my Mustang and the Vette is definitely getting treated a lot better than she did
Old 02-17-2013, 03:07 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Here is mine. I should have a better video up sometime tomorrow.

Last edited by Detoxx03; 02-17-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:33 AM
06LMBZ
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have an LG G7X3 cam, LG made very good power with it on a procharger setup and I plan on using mine with my ecs set-up. There are a ton of vids on youtube of that cam, check it out.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:48 PM
playtoy
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

http://s167.beta.photobucket.com/use..._0580.mp4.html

Here's a link to the cam I had in my LS2 . I still have the cam and springs available if your interested shoot me a pm.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Silver Bullet C6
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12

What are the specs of your car (c.i., fuel system, injectors)? The cam sound will also depend on its tuning.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:19 PM
Kadorja
Drifting

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Here is mine. I should have a better video up sometime tomorrow.
You didn't put a link up but I found your youtube and checked out a couple of your videos. I think I've seen a few before actually. Sounds pretty good. Custom grind cam?

Originally Posted by playtoy
http://s167.beta.photobucket.com/use..._0580.mp4.html

Here's a link to the cam I had in my LS2 . I still have the cam and springs available if your interested shoot me a pm.
The link isn't working.

Originally Posted by Silver Bullet C6
What are the specs of your car (c.i., fuel system, injectors)? The cam sound will also depend on its tuning.
As far as I know it's whatever fuel system that procharger provides with its kit. The valves and springs are already upgraded. I've hit the rev limiter once or twice with the new valves and springs and it feels like you slammed into a wall. I got the car from my dad and I'm not sure what fuel upgrades it has done to it. I'll have to check the paperwork and see if it mentions it. I figured a BAP would be a good choice along with a clutch.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Kadorja
You didn't put a link up but I found your youtube and checked out a couple of your videos. I think I've seen a few before actually. Sounds pretty good. Custom grind cam?
I'm sorry I thought I copied it in the message. It's there now but yeah I have better vids on my YouTube that can't be posted here. It's a custom grind from Futral Motorsports. Medium sized cam but it makes power everywhere like I wanted it to.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:32 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Here's the new video

Old 02-17-2013, 08:22 PM
Arun@Dasilvamotorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Every car I know that puts this cam picks up alot power.

It don't just sound good-it goes good!

Old 02-17-2013, 08:23 PM
Slowsome
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is my Arun Stage 4 Blower Cam in my old 416........ Get ahold of him... He is one of the best out there with blower cams....

Last edited by Slowsome; 02-17-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:37 AM
Kadorja
Drifting

Talked to the previous tuner of the car and he says it came with the procharger fuel pump voltage booster, Comp Cams 918 springs and possibly 38lb injectors. May whip up a custom grind cam for me so we will see. Really digging that custom grind you have Detoxx. Perfect amount of lope to it and I just installed the Z06 bi-mode mufflers so I can somewhat compare the sound. LG G7X3 is nice as well. The others are just a little too much for what I'm looking for.

Get notified of new replies

To Good cam with procharger (needs some lope)

Quick Reply: Good cam with procharger (needs some lope)