C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injectors for choice And fuel system ideas

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 07:12 AM
marine&hisvette
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injectors for choice And fuel system ideas + drivetrain ?'s

1.I plan on making 950-1150 rwhp on e85 depending which turbos n such on this 403. I'm down to the last few parts to order. I need injectors! I really can't see myself dumping that kinda wad for id2000's so is there other options? I figure if I can save 500-600$ on the Injectors from new id2000's I can get a meth kit.

2.Next thing is fuel system. I have the eliminator with the aeromotive controller, 8an main feed and utilizing the stock as a return.. With said power do you think it will be able to support my goals? I been doing research on both subjects and tired of getting the run around.. Some people say I need a BAP but others say different.

3. This should of been my first question.. Compression! My 403 was built by billy Biggs in Michigan. It's 8:56:1 cpr with Tfs ls1 225cc heads -32cc diamond race pistons, dragon slayer 4in crank. I know the CPR is insanely low but there's not much I can change about that, I have to work with what I have. With CPR this low would it be better to run 93 or e85? As most yal know I'm still noob at this stuff and any help will be more than appreciated

4. Drive train.. I currently have a z51 t56 rpm lvl 5 w 30spline main shaft mated to a B.E.R stage 1 3.90 diff machine for 30spline. I bought a mantic 9000 twin disk clutches and a DTE trans brace. Hinson diff and motor mounts.. Billet torque tube couplers,Lingenfelter 2 step, Car is going to be a street car but is there anything else you think I should upgrade? I have $$$$ set aside for a c6z wide booty and would like to run 17's or maybe run c5 rear brakes and 16in rim.

Last edited by marine&hisvette; 02-19-2013 at 07:28 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:33 PM
RabidVette
Instructor

First off, I'm not a tuner or expert by any means. I am in a similar situation though, as I'm planning a very similar build and have many of the same questions. Since no one else has responded, I'll offer my unqualified opinions...

1) I think ID 1600's might do it. Definitely would be more than enough on 93. Everyone will tell you to drop the extra coin on ID's versus Bosch, etc. for the ease of tuning, idle quality, no need for driver boxes, etc. and they're right. I have a set of ID 850's on my CTS-V and was blown away with idle quality and ease of tuning. I'm currently piecing together a similar build to yours (forged 402 aiming for 850whp on my Novi 1500, but built to handle 1k+ whp with a bigger blower). I have been tempted to save $600+ on cheaper injectors, but at the end of the day there's no substitute for ID's. Run ID1600's if you can get away with it, if not get the 2000's. I have the AlkyControl meth kit on my Vette and think it's the best $500 I've ever spent. If it's in any way possible to work it into your budget, it's money well spent.

2) I think you're in good shape with the -8AN feed and factory return. Don't know about the pump, though. Curious to hear feeback on this because I'm in the same boat and need to decide on a fuel system within the next week.

3) E85 should still make power even on a low compression motor.

4) You're in excellent shape with the drivetrain IMO. I'd be hard pressed to suggest spending any more money on it for the power levels you're looking at. Some may have a preference for a different brand clutch or trans mount, etc. but it sounds solid. I'm probably going to buy the exact same clutch through ECS since it's a great price for a twin disc and handles 1000lb/ft. I'm going to try and put down 850whp through my stock T56 with only an upgraded input shaft and hardened axles and see how long it holds up. If you are itching to spend more money in that area, do what you suggested and focus on getting the power to the ground with a widebooty and a good tire. I'm going to run 18" MT 345 ET Streets.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:30 PM
marine&hisvette
Burning Brakes

I'm running a super Vic jr intake with a 90' elbow mated to a 105tb. I should finish reciving majority of my parts this week and will start putting stuff together. Would love to hear more feedback before I start buying stuff.. Hoping to finish this build up for tx2k13! I'm really leaning towards ID2000's but I can't find much about this fuel pump if it'll push e85 to 950-1000rwhp.. ID1600 93 and meth sounds more promising!

Last edited by marine&hisvette; 02-20-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:04 PM
playtoy
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Do they still make the ID1600?
Old 02-20-2013, 09:12 PM
0Taylor@DallasPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by playtoy
Do they still make the ID1600?
Nope... FIC sells the Bosch 1600.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:27 AM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

bosch or FIC for injectors if you want to save over ID injectors.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...injectors.html
Old 02-21-2013, 05:49 AM
narfdanarf
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ID stopped selling the 1600's because they had vast variances in fuel flow when fuel temperature changed. IE major inconsistencies in flow from one run to another...and with an eliminator on a street car this could pose a large problem...with that being said they are releasing their new custom built for them by bosch 1300's very very soon.

As for running the eliminator in ideal conditions at 12:1 AFR on pump gas you would have to turn the base pressure down to 43lbs to have enough headroom for ~20lbs of boost on a boost reference based regulator to get ~1200 FLYWHEEL hp...as you can imagine that is pushing all aspects including the tune, turning down the base pressure and assuming you have max voltage from the alternator at the pump....the pump definitely does not have enough ***** for e85.

I chose 1200 flywheel hp for my calculations because that should put you around your goals to the wheel...also I chose ~20lbs of boost because you have terribly low compression and it's going to cost you some efficiency although it will be much safer on pump/meth.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:54 AM
narfdanarf
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also forgot to mention that the ID1000's will get you where you need to be on gasoline (not e85!!) if you have enough pump to turn the base pressure up back up to stock levels. Especially if you are running meth and your AFR isn't excessively low.

Last edited by narfdanarf; 02-21-2013 at 05:58 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:17 AM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Well, narfdanarf hit the nail pretty much perfectly square on the head.

I wouldn't bother with E85 on such a low compression setup.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:57 PM
marine&hisvette
Burning Brakes

Sweet ID1000's and meth is still cheaper than ID2000's. Sounds like a plan. Thanks for helping me get to my goal gents!
Old 02-21-2013, 05:54 PM
playtoy
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by marine&hisvette
Sweet ID1000's and meth is still cheaper than ID2000's. Sounds like a plan. Thanks for helping me get to my goal gents!
If you want a set of I'D1000s I've got a set for sale. You will just need to buy a set of orings. Shoot me a pm if your interested
Old 02-21-2013, 07:47 PM
marine&hisvette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by playtoy
If you want a set of I'D1000s I've got a set for sale. You will just need to buy a set of orings. Shoot me a pm if your interested
pm sent! need to make this happen fast!

Get notified of new replies

To Injectors for choice And fuel system ideas

Quick Reply: Injectors for choice And fuel system ideas