C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Building fuel system, have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 11:49 AM
mourat
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Building fuel system, have a few questions

I decided I should probably just build a fuel system myself the way I want it and still fit my budget.

I'm going to be running LPE block offs and a regulator up front, with vacuum and boost reference, and of coarse an external pump.

I have 3 concern.

I'm using the ECS fuel block, and I noticed their system doesn't have a fuel filter before and after the fuel pump, and I read up that most fuel socks are essentially a 150 micron filter, so is this enough not to have to use a filter before and after the pump? There are setups out there that put a 10 micron filter just after the pump, is this necessary considering this pump doesn't run full time and under boost only, and is this why almost every kit I see out there, does not have a filter after the pump?

Second question the a check valve, again I dont see a check valve being used on the ECS but there is on the A&A setup, while there are pictures on the web where some guys do. Am I to assume no check valve is needed since most external pumps don't backflow? I was thinking of putting a check valve after the pump, but then the more I think about it, it's probably better to not have one at all if pumps dont back flow.

And last question is choice for external fuel pump. Honestly, i'm only planning on pushing 650rwhp and I already have the KB BAP in there, my main reason for doing this fuel system was putting an FPR up front and running boost reference and lowering the fuel pressure while crusing a bit to clean up the injectors. But I have a Bosch fuel pump that I had laying around for year never used, only a 170 LPH, but I figure since I'm running all the lines, I might as well throw it in there. Are there disadvantages in having a small pump like that as my external for the time being, will it create issues, or will it still be an added benefit when activated under boost.

Those are the only three questions, everything else including routing I've figured it all out, making it really stealthy so you can't even see its there.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I thought ECS fuel block used a sock in the tank.

Check valve depends if the pump you use has one built in. My RSI setup does not have one because the walbros have them built in.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:00 PM
mourat
Pro

Exactly, it has a soc, so I'm to assume this eliminates the need for a pre-pump fuel filter, what about using a filter after the pump, I dont see any systems out there except for some home made ones that use a 10 micron filter after pump, is it it not necessary and thats why most vendor systems dont use a filter after the pump

Simply put, if using the ECS fuel block, do I not need a second fuel filter in the setup? As in the soc is good enough.

Also wanted to mention, Chris at ECS is amazing, I got stuck at the border trying the parts I ordered, alky kit etc.. and he wasn't in but one of his colleagues was. So stuck there, I get a call within 3 minutes on his day off, sends me over receipts and takes care of me, thank you!

Ohh, also the Fuel block is sexy

Last edited by mourat; 02-23-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:47 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

My RSI kit has a filter post pumps on the -8 feed.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:29 PM
mourat
Pro

Hopefully ECS can chime in as to why no post filter is used in their kits, I'm thinking because its an AUX pump setup might not be necessary.

Its not as much cost added but prefer not to have necessary parts.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:04 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Make your life easy and do a surge tank.

Get notified of new replies

To Building fuel system, have a few questions

Quick Reply: Building fuel system, have a few questions