C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forced Induction on my c7 z51

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

My friend that owns a turbo place test drove the new silverados last weekend. He is ordering a 5.3L short bed 4x4 to make a TT street terror and start turbo development. So, yes it does start there.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06-TT
you mean that AGP kit you posted a while back???

great looking kit. but on there turbo choose a .68ar is a bit small on the size of turbo they are using.... these big V8's move a good amount of air.
Housings are available in .68, .82, .96, 1.06.

Worst case they cast a new housing specifically for the vette. You should call them about c6 kits. Kevin was asking about them and I told them to get ahold of you.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:03 PM
theofel
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'13

RedLine Motor Sports is working on a twin turbo system for the C7 Corvette. I know they have allready played with the new computer and have a few dealers set-up to sell and install these units when they are released. Redline has a C7 on order and will use their ride as the mule for this new system...My understanding is it is similiar to The APS C6 but with larger tubo's and different plumbing. The real trick is to get into and understand the C7 computer which is a completely different animal than the C6's. Redline is also working on their version of the C7 with different ground effects, performance enhansments and of course the twin turbo's. Check them out online to see some artist renderings of this new super ride.

Last edited by theofel; 07-16-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:59 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

im not a big fan of people who...

out of attempts to look intelligent...

shrug off things like they are no big deal.

The attitude of something being a piece of cake, when its pretty obvious extreme caution needs to be taken...

protrays pure ignorance and carelessness.

Any shop saying they have tuning the new c7 down to a science...

i will encourage them to post a video immediately of a vette let alone a silverado with a turbo system on it.

And if that person does not, I encourage them to leave this page immediately because ive lost all respect for their attempts to look intelligent.

In other words....

Where is your video doug@ecs of your piece of cake tuned vehicles?
Old 07-16-2013, 03:02 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

by no means am i saying its not possible, and it cant be done...

i just hate when people dont have the common sense to know when their bragging scares away business instead of attracts it.

Post a video of the piece of cake silverado with a blower or turbos on it, and dyno's.

Otherwise, lets be realistic and humble for a second, that this new ecu and tuning process is going to take some attention and is no walk in the park, and that NO ONE has succeeded yet.

because im pretty sure thats the fair statement no one has the humility to state.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:06 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Unreal
ECUs have been cracked since day one. Tuning is similar to the old setups.
and if you guys can post up videos, i will be the first to apologize.

But i have a feeling, you would have posted those already, as would anyone, who has succeeded.

Again, please post, and make me eat my words, and my car will be in your hands along with a large check.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:29 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

The ignorance level has reached a point in this thread that I no longer need to reply. Do your own research, there are a bunch of threads and video's on line. This isn't the only forum out there.

Good day.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We are working on complete packages for the C7. This isn't just going to be top-notch suspension, we will have aero/appearance upgrades, and several power adders. I'll start a thread in a few weeks with some updates on what we have been working on.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:48 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by irun4cops
and if you guys can post up videos, i will be the first to apologize.

But i have a feeling, you would have posted those already, as would anyone, who has succeeded.

Again, please post, and make me eat my words, and my car will be in your hands along with a large check.
That ECU can and has been tuned.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:50 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

i guess im having a hard time understanding why hp tuners is still saying they are working on cracking the c7 cpu...

and meanwhile ecs hasnt talked to them about their ease of doing this exact task

and i dont see any ecs vids on this forum of tuned vettes or pickups...

but you guys have time to type long paragraphs instead of post links to vids...

about what a piece of cake it all is.

Sorry for being skeptical and unimpressed with people who write paragraphs instead of simply post a vid.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:56 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

all im getting at is...

you would think it would be common sense for someone to post up some evidence to this if they had it figured out... when there are so many people saying its a scary task.

... if that shop wanted someone to just blindly write a check and ship their car to them.

I can brag i can open up a tune...

doesnt mean when im done messing with settings, my engine doesn't explode 5 min later.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:31 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

im having a hard time locating a vid of a turbo or serious supercharged lt1, pickup, corvette, engine rack dyno... anything.

So since im so horrible at using the internet... if someone would be so kind to post up any vid of a lt1 engine... the 2014 model of course

on this thread...

Since... no other threads on bette forum or ls1 tech have them either.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:05 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing
That ECU can and has been tuned.
successfully, with over 5psi of boost added to it? show me.

people who want to pretend they tuned the motor after they tweaked the exhaust or the air filter, dont throw too big of a celebration party yet...
Old 07-16-2013, 10:06 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06-TT
i think this computer can a will be tune able.... i just wonder how much we will actually be albe to get into... there is SO much controlled in the vette.
the rear
the trany
the suspension
the pedal control

just to name a few.... how much will we NOT be able to adjust
The transmission control is just like any other AT vehicle.
The active differential (if equipped) and suspension, much like the electronic stability control, are not tunable by HP tuners or EFI live as they reside in the body control module.
I have no idea what you meant by "pedal control" though. You mean throttle? That's an ECU parameter.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:27 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I only have one question for ECS and other shops looking at tuning the C7:

What are you planning to do for fueling???

The reason I am asking is because I've had to do some custom fuel injector design work for my job, and modifying GDI injectors is a real challenge. I don't know of any shop that offers oversize GDI injectors, and the traditional solution of increasing pump pressure will only take you so far. Here is what I think will happen, based on other GDI engine builds and what I know about the injectors:

-Mild builds will be easily accommodated by increasing injector duration and/or commanded fuel pressure.

-Low boost applications will most likely outrun the fuel pump ability to maintain pressure and will require a redesigned high pressure fuel pump (no trivial undertaking seeing as this is a 3000psi pump that is driven by a cam lobe).

-Medium boost applications will run out of fuel pump and injector room.

I was going to guess that people will be adding an extra set of port injectors to meet fueling needs, but now you have to figure out a way to control them, since the factory ECU only has eight injector drivers. a Dual ECU solution is non trivial. Resized injectors are non existent, and even if you designed a high pressure fuel pump that could feed tons of fuel at high pressure, the injectors can only be held open for so long before you run into some real problems (start injecting too early and cylinder wall impingement will dilute your engine oil and cause cylinder wear. Continue injecting after ignition and the cylinder pressure will prevent much flow from going in).

I am very interested in this. I've contemplated talking to my boss into letting me work on aftermarket LT1 high pressure injectors but I want to see what the aftermarket has in mind first.

Injector info: http://delphi.com/shared/pdf/ppd/pwr...-injectors.pdf
Old 07-17-2013, 01:29 AM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by PowerLabs
I only have one question for ECS and other shops looking at tuning the C7:

What are you planning to do for fueling???

The reason I am asking is because I've had to do some custom fuel injector design work for my job, and modifying GDI injectors is a real challenge. I don't know of any shop that offers oversize GDI injectors, and the traditional solution of increasing pump pressure will only take you so far. Here is what I think will happen, based on other GDI engine builds and what I know about the injectors:

-Mild builds will be easily accommodated by increasing injector duration and/or commanded fuel pressure.

-Low boost applications will most likely outrun the fuel pump ability to maintain pressure and will require a redesigned high pressure fuel pump (no trivial undertaking seeing as this is a 3000psi pump that is driven by a cam lobe).

-Medium boost applications will run out of fuel pump and injector room.

I was going to guess that people will be adding an extra set of port injectors to meet fueling needs, but now you have to figure out a way to control them, since the factory ECU only has eight injector drivers. a Dual ECU solution is non trivial. Resized injectors are non existent, and even if you designed a high pressure fuel pump that could feed tons of fuel at high pressure, the injectors can only be held open for so long before you run into some real problems (start injecting too early and cylinder wall impingement will dilute your engine oil and cause cylinder wear. Continue injecting after ignition and the cylinder pressure will prevent much flow from going in).

I am very interested in this. I've contemplated talking to my boss into letting me work on aftermarket LT1 high pressure injectors but I want to see what the aftermarket has in mind first.

Injector info: http://delphi.com/shared/pdf/ppd/pwr...-injectors.pdf
oh look, a human with useful information joins the party. Im sure the big shops figured this out on day 1, and for us to even be discussing this right now is an insult to them
Old 07-17-2013, 01:35 AM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

now that some intelligence is around, ill keep my sarcasm down.

Im interested in solving this. Im also debating throwing an ls7 in a c7 and calling it a day, lol

But in all seriousness... how impossible would that be? I have an extra.

Get notified of new replies

To Forced Induction on my c7 z51

Old 07-17-2013, 01:38 AM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by PowerLabs
[/URL]
I give you permission to talk to your boss into letting you work on aftermarket injectors
Old 07-17-2013, 02:02 AM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
The ignorance level has reached a point in this thread that I no longer need to reply. Do your own research, there are a bunch of threads and video's on line. This isn't the only forum out there.

Good day.
My ignorance level is so high...

because like 7 billion other people on planet earth right now...

i have yet to see a new LT1 engine accept any serious boost, and not explode.

And as I attempt to brainstorm, instead of take large shops assurances that they have it all figured out...

we have now come to find that there are... NO LT1's on planet earth with serious boost that run properly, because they will run lean... according to an individual who actually builds and works with direct injection fuel injectors for a living.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:38 AM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

powerlabs, the injector in the link, i assume is the one GM is currently using? or is that your suggested upgrade?

What injectors are porsche using in their 6 cylinder cars that are keeping up with 1000hp?

Simple logic would tell me their injectors, if used in a vette, should yield over 1000hp, since we have 8 cylinders worth of fuel, vs their 6.

Quick Reply: Forced Induction on my c7 z51