C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** Special on Magnuson Heartbeat this Fall **

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 04:45 AM
scottg
Burning Brakes

Received 187 Likes on 126 Posts

The old girl looks good. And you had fun, You have been known to be hard on parts. Just ask Custom agents.
The following users liked this post:
CI GS (05-04-2022)
Old 05-06-2022, 05:24 PM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 286 Posts

Sammy, if I came across you anywhere, I'd close my exhaust flappers and quietly take a side street ASAP...
That car just looks bad ***, The slicks/rims say it all. You ain't playing, LOL.

Let them (at the track) gain some confidence, then kick their asses, LOL

Last edited by Chiselchst; 05-06-2022 at 05:33 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Chiselchst:
CI GS (05-07-2022), m60gov20 (05-18-2022)
Old 05-07-2022, 10:58 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by Chiselchst
Sammy, if I came across you anywhere, I'd close my exhaust flappers and quietly take a side street ASAP...
That car just looks bad ***, The slicks/rims say it all. You ain't playing, LOL.

Let them (at the track) gain some confidence, then kick their asses, LOL
HaHaha! I’m sure that you would more than keep up with me, Mitch. And I don’t mess around at all with it on the street anyway. I granny-drive that sucker to the track and back home. Ask Rodney’s friend, Larry, who’s driven with me when he was down here on vacation. He complained bitterly because I let some idiot in a Hyundai overtake me. Said he was going to tell “Rodney and the guys on the forums all about how I let some rice burner overtake me!’

Hopefully, once the track builds back some rubber, I can turn up the wick again. I could tell from where the converter locked up on the run the other day it wasn’t going as fast up top. I have it programmed to lock at 95mph in 3rd (it feels like it shifts into 4th) and it didn’t do that until I was approaching the traps.

It was running 6.7 @ 109 the other day, with a lousy 1.6x 60’. My best time on boost only has been a 6.2 and the best boost only mph has been 114 whereas on nitrous it ran a 5.9@119.

Both on and off nitrous, my 60’ has consistently been around 1.41 secs. That’s because the nitrous doesn’t even start to come on until around the 60’ and it progressively ramped in.

I was thinking of changing my converter to a 3800 “Hard Hit” FTI (since I still don’t even know if I have a 3200 or 3600, since they screwed up the label on the box - they said).

Or, since the new track owner (who has already done a fantastic job with spectator facilities) says he’s going to close the track for couple of months at the end of the year to resurface the entire track surface (who-hoo!), maybe I’ll wait until then and pull the transmission out and get that freshened up and meanwhile send my converter back to FTI for a re-stall, so that I can make use of it next year on that new track surface.

But, in any event, I’ll have to wait until I get some traction before I turn up the wick again... Maybe.
Our next event is in three weeks, so I guess we’ll see soon enough what I can get out of it.
old motorhead (05-07-2022)
Old 05-07-2022, 11:12 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Some more pics from our May 1st event:

Qualifying with a measly 6.8

First round of eliminations against my buddy Jordan. That thing has a LS with a big *** turbo on it, which he had to turn down all the way to get traction. He caught me sleeping in the hole and left me on the line, and I had to chase him down. Great kid though, and best sportsman ever. That was his second day at the track with that car. He’s going to be a handful.

Somewhere around this point, my old brain finally told my right foot to floor it.

At this point I’m like, “****, is this youngster going to send me home now?!”

Aah… Finally, I caught him!

Bye run. On the money at 6.7 @ 109. It did that three times iirc.

This is the view I like to show the competition…

Last run of the day. That’s my good buddy Ian, in the other lane. Badass 2017 LT Camaro with heads, cam nitrous and nothing but a Kirkey seat in it. I would’ve probably clipped him, if it didn’t dump the belt, right when that picture was being taken. He’s a tricky fellow though, and I have no doubt he was sandbagging all day. I did have my nitrous armed for him though, just in case. Unfortunately, my belt tensioner had other ideas.

Last edited by CI GS; 05-08-2022 at 09:34 AM.
Chiselchst (05-08-2022)
Old 05-08-2022, 06:20 AM
scottg
Burning Brakes

Dam nice pics Sammy.
The following 2 users liked this post by scottg:
Chiselchst (05-08-2022), CI GS (05-08-2022)
Old 05-18-2022, 11:06 AM
m60gov20
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by CI GS
Some more pics from our May 1st event:

Qualifying with a measly 6.8

First round of eliminations against my buddy Jordan. That thing has a LS with a big *** turbo on it, which he had to turn down all the way to get traction. He caught me sleeping in the hole and left me on the line, and I had to chase him down. Great kid though, and best sportsman ever. That was his second day at the track with that car. He’s going to be a handful.

Somewhere around this point, my old brain finally told my right foot to floor it.

At this point I’m like, “****, is this youngster going to send me home now?!”

Aah… Finally, I caught him!

Bye run. On the money at 6.7 @ 109. It did that three times iirc.

This is the view I like to show the competition…

Last run of the day. That’s my good buddy Ian, in the other lane. Badass 2017 LT Camaro with heads, cam nitrous and nothing but a Kirkey seat in it. I would’ve probably clipped him, if it didn’t dump the belt, right when that picture was being taken. He’s a tricky fellow though, and I have no doubt he was sandbagging all day. I did have my nitrous armed for him though, just in case. Unfortunately, my belt tensioner had other ideas.
The fitment on the rear is PERFECT!!!
MickVette (05-19-2022)
Old 05-18-2022, 11:13 AM
scottg
Burning Brakes

That thing squats very nice.
Chiselchst (05-21-2022)
Old 05-19-2022, 08:54 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Yeah, I lucked out with the spacer on those wheels. The 7.5” back spacing with the 3/8” spacer puts the tire right where it needs to be. If it was a 1/4” further out, it would rub on the fender lip, and if the spacer were only 1/4” thick, it would be dangerously close to the caliper.
After experimenting with “traditional” shock settings, I realized that the only way to to get the car to hook half decent on that track was to use low settings (C:3/R:6) with lighter springs (425#) on the rear coilovers and up front, I crank up the compression to 12-14 clicks and use zero rebound on the front shock to help it rotate quickly and hold the nose up during the run to keep the weight on the rear tires.
Even with that, I had to reduce timing and fatten it up a tad to get it to hook good enough to produce a lousy 1.6 60’, which is what it did consistently the last three runs the other day, and ran three back to back 6.7 @ 108-109 mph runs, which was still faster than anything else in my group.
Mind you, the DA was at 2,500’, even though our track is barely above sea level. I also noticed it was making ~2 psi less boost the other day too, (maybe belt slip?) and it was shifting at ~6500 rpm rather than the usual 6800-6900 it shifts at, probably because it was making less power than normal, which affects the speed that the A6 shifts at.
I put a new tensioner on it and a slightly longer (104”) Dayco Gold HD belt with aramid fibres. Will see how that works out.
We’re back at the track this weekend, so hopefully I’ll have something to report by Monday.
The following 2 users liked this post by CI GS:
scottg (05-19-2022), Turbo6TA (05-19-2022)
Old 05-21-2022, 10:47 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Just an update from the track. I managed to get one hit in this afternoon at test & tune and even though I was still running less timing, it was a pretty hairy pass, and I had to drive the damn thing right through to the finish line, because it was spinning and moving around on the track pretty good. The 2600+foot DA didn’t help power much, but it’s probably a good thing, because it seemed to be right on the ragged edge of breaking loose completely.
Here’s the “timeslip”. They don’t use paper slips anymore, everything is done through an app.

The following 3 users liked this post by CI GS:
Chiselchst (05-22-2022), m60gov20 (05-22-2022), scottg (05-22-2022)
Old 05-21-2022, 11:34 PM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Good job Sammy! Glad you're having more success with the shock settings.

Man that must be cool to have a local track. Closet ones to me are over 65 mi away. Sonoma Raceway (used to be Sears Point) and Sacramento...
CI GS (05-22-2022)
Old 05-22-2022, 09:24 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Chiselchst
Good job Sammy! Glad you're having more success with the shock settings.

Man that must be cool to have a local track. Closet ones to me are over 65 mi away. Sonoma Raceway (used to be Sears Point) and Sacramento...
It’s all relative Mitch. I bet it would only take you about the same amount of time to drive that 65 miles as it takes me to drive the 15-20 miles through horrendous Saturday afternoon traffic, navigating all the bullshit roundabouts (this country has a fixation with driving around in circles) with a trailer in tow. I trailered it there yesterday in my old enclosed race car trailer because I wanted to be able to secure it and all my tools and **** at the track overnight. Hopefully it’s all still there when I get up there this morning.

I forgot to report that the Dayco Gold belt that I put on it this time makes a god-awful chirping noise, like one of the bearings in a pulley is gone. But when I sprayed a little water on it, it quieted right down. I think that beautiful, shiny, “bright-dipped” surface on the IW balancer is the culprit. Don’t know WTF they were thinking on making a “blower” pulley with a super slick running surface.
After the belt warms up (like after a burnout or run) it shuts right up. Then when it cools down, it squeaks again. I might just throw another regular Gates belt on it today. BUT, it did hit 13.2 psi during my run yesterday, so it must be holding..

BTW: We had really weird weather here for the last few days due to a massive Sahara dust cloud that’s blowing westwards towards Texas/Mexico direction. Some of that **** has been falling out too. I noticed last night when I put the car back in the trailer that it was covered with a super fine dust that you can only notice when you shine a light across the surface. Hope that **** didn’t come with any unwanted virus…
Old 05-22-2022, 09:33 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

I think that's how the monkey pox spreads. First symptom is a craving for bananas. Could be monkey pox or you might be pregnant. Whack jobs in this country say men can get pregnant....therefore, they can also have an abortion.

CI GS (05-22-2022)
Old 05-22-2022, 10:13 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by old motorhead
I think that's how the monkey pox spreads. First symptom is a craving for bananas. Could be monkey pox or you might be pregnant. Whack jobs in this country say men can get pregnant....therefore, they can also have an abortion.

Men Can Get Pregnant And Have Abortions - YouTube

You been drinking that homemade rice liquor again, haven’t you Rodney??
The following 2 users liked this post by CI GS:
Chiselchst (05-22-2022), scottg (05-22-2022)
Old 05-22-2022, 01:37 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

You been drinking that homemade rice liquor again, haven’t you Rodney??
I guess I need to cut that out. "Rice whiskey in the morning....sailor's warning". Going fishing in the morning.
The following 2 users liked this post by old motorhead:
Chiselchst (05-22-2022), CI GS (05-22-2022)
Old 05-22-2022, 04:54 PM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I live in a fantasy world here in CA. That's the way many of them think! It's just wacko! If it wasn't for the weather, I'd be long gone!

Heard a person say - when asked if it's a boy or girl baby in the stroller - response was; not sure, as we have to wait to see what sex the child identifies with....WTF?
Many are literally brainwashed! Their sheople. Not people...

I don't understand what the issue of drinking whiskey in the morning? Might just be a continuation from a previous night? When I drank, that happened occasionally (memory is a little foggy, however) .
CI GS (05-22-2022)
Old 05-23-2022, 12:32 PM
m60gov20
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by old motorhead

Men Can Get Pregnant And Have Abortions - YouTube
You can't fix stupid!
Old 05-23-2022, 10:12 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Well, I had mixed results at the track yesterday. Mixed as in good and bad. I lost the only race I ran, to a Denny Crawford built Fox body race car with a shitload of nitrous. But I ran a 5.9 @120mph in the process. He ran his best time ever too. Apparently the race officials thought my car was too fast to race with the rest of the street legal cars, so they stuck me in a class with two full blown race cars. Time for me to bring out my old Camaro. Things are gonna get ugly down here…

I’m 21 (left lane) and the Mustang is 24.

I didn’t feel too bad though, considering that the DA was nearly 2700’. Not too shabby for a SBE, stock transmission, steel frame Vette with an old junky boost limited heat sink and some spray on board. I did have to use a 125hp jet in it though, albeit with a progressive hit. It hooked hard, pulled the wheels off the ground and was shaking the tires all the way to the 60”, and it got loose up top and I had to wheel it a bit to keep it straight. I qualified with a 6.1 and ran a 6.0 later in the day as well. Will post up more pictures and maybe a video as I get them.

This is from the qualifying run (6.1):

Last edited by CI GS; 05-23-2022 at 10:18 PM.
Chiselchst (05-27-2022), ls1wolf (05-26-2022), rajahhindi (05-24-2022)

Get notified of new replies

To *** Special on Magnuson Heartbeat this Fall **

Old 05-23-2022, 10:18 PM
m60gov20
Burning Brakes

Awesome job Sammy! That thing is moving! Any videos of the pass?
Old 05-23-2022, 11:32 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by m60gov20
Awesome job Sammy! That thing is moving! Any videos of the pass?
Someone sent me a shitty cell phone video from about mid track, but it’s too grainy to see anything worthwhile. I hired a local photographer (the one who did the photos of the May 1st event that I posted the other day) to do some photos and videos. Once he gets them to me, I’ll upload the videos on YouTube and post them and some pics on here.
Chiselchst (05-27-2022), MickVette (05-24-2022), rajahhindi (05-24-2022)
Old 05-24-2022, 12:54 AM
rajahhindi
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Well, I had mixed results at the track yesterday. Mixed as in good and bad. I lost the only race I ran, to a Denny Crawford built Fox body race car with a shitload of nitrous. But I ran a 5.9 @120mph in the process. He ran his best time ever too. Apparently the race officials thought my car was too fast to race with the rest of the street legal cars, so they stuck me in a class with two full blown race cars. Time for me to bring out my old Camaro. Things are gonna get ugly down here…

I’m 21 (left lane) and the Mustang is 24.

I didn’t feel too bad though, considering that the DA was nearly 2700’. Not too shabby for a SBE, stock transmission, steel frame Vette with an old junky boost limited heat sink and some spray on board. I did have to use a 125hp jet in it though, albeit with a progressive hit. It hooked hard, pulled the wheels off the ground and was shaking the tires all the way to the 60”, and it got loose up top and I had to wheel it a bit to keep it straight. I qualified with a 6.1 and ran a 6.0 later in the day as well. Will post up more pictures and maybe a video as I get them.

This is from the qualifying run (6.1):

Amazing pic Sammy. Looks sooo tuff and with a stock bottom end with that crap 6 speed slushbox!
CI GS (05-24-2022)

Quick Reply: *** Special on Magnuson Heartbeat this Fall **