C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** Special on Magnuson Heartbeat this Fall **

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2023, 08:54 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by 3R1$C
Quick question: the ZR1 features this isolator between the belt drive and the supercharger - does this exist on the heartbeat anywhere? I guess not - anybody ever had issues with harmonics on the heartbeat?

To quote a friend of mine: “Dude, why do you keep looking for problems?”
Or, as Einstein would advise:

Some sage advice from the world’s most recognized genius…

We don’t need no stinking isolators. Probably because we can’t spin these blowers fast enough
Old 01-30-2023, 08:55 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Just checked the ATI website: they have a 14% OD harmonic balancer - they suggest to contact Lingenfelter for a proper belt setup. I have just sent them an email, let us see what they reply.

That won’t work on your car, unless you have a dry sump and the ZR1 belt drive.
Old 01-30-2023, 09:06 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Are there flex fuel maps and sensors?

The green rainbow terrorists over here decided to ban E85 since apparently, it uses corn that could otherwise be used to feed people. They dont understand the simplest market economics and thus, we have to live with some very stupid, unreasonable bans over here - banning stuff is just about the height of what their mental capacity can do.

We do have Aral 102 though - it is RON 102 as compared to E85 which has RON 102-105

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating

I guess you have a point here - if I strictly stick to 102, I can be more aggressive.

SB

The Melling high pressure high volume oil pump is the "10355HV, High Volume, High Pressure Gen IV Oil Pump"
  • Exclusive high volume (+20%) rotor design
  • Hard coat anodized aluminum housing
  • Phosphate coated cast iron cover
  • High pressure (+10 psi) spring installed
  • Includes optional standard and +20 psi pressure springs
When would you want to run +20PSI?

For the piston oil squirters, I just need the additional volume I guess, but when do you need the high pressure?

Other question: some Porsche conrods feature a longitudinal drilled hole in the conrods - such that the piston wrist pin is also actively lubricated. Does this exist for LS engines?
Yep, you got some gems in Gov’t over there, especially in the “let’s declare war on Russia” Green Party. But, then again, we don’t have any better, here, or anywhere else, nowadays… I’d offer a trade but it wouldn’t be worth the effort and we’d both lose.

E85 isn’t magical because of its (misleadingly low) octane rating. It’s magic because it contains 30% oxygen in the fuel itself.

Just buy a Melling HV/HP pump and stop the mental masturbation already. They work, and are necessary if you change to Johnson lifters or squirters (if you’re into that kinda thing).

Or just buy an LS9 and be done with it. They come with piston squirters, along with a bunch of other cool upgrades. You want more cubes that 376 you say…?

Here, let me do you a solid and show you what you need to buy: https://www.shafiroff.com/unclaimed/pgl415_51973.php

There you go. You're welcome!

Last edited by CI GS; 02-08-2024 at 10:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
old motorhead (02-01-2023)
Old 05-06-2023, 05:29 AM
3R1$C
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks for the answer, really appreciated.

On the heartbeat, did anyone here ever take one apart? Is there a front shaft that is connected through this pentalobe coupling?

I would like to take the shaft out of the housing here and understand the bearing arrangement in the front:

Last edited by 3R1$C; 05-06-2023 at 06:31 AM.
Old 05-06-2023, 05:36 AM
3R1$C
Racer

I am hoping to fit a 2.6" or 2.35" pulley then.

Old 05-06-2023, 06:36 AM
3R1$C
Racer

Could cut off the aluminium snout on the supercharger, then design a bearing hub and shaft that fits in here:

I think we could get away without machining the supercharger body. The "only" thing that needs to be done is cutting off the aluminium hub.

Before I do something I regret, can I hear your thoughts?
Old 02-07-2024, 05:22 PM
3R1$C
Racer

According to Order@ZPEGriptec.com

"The smallest pulley size that you will be able to go do on this particular supercharger is a 2.97”. Please let me know if you have any questions."

The supercharger snout diameter measures 67,4mm (2.654"), see measurements below:

Old 02-08-2024, 11:32 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Here’s a picture of the measured diameter of the snout I took in 2016 which I’m sure I posted on this same thread back then:

Here’s a picture of the measured inside diameter of the 3.10” pulley I’m running on my car, which again I’m sure I posted on here circa 2019 when I installed it:

This is the 3.10”

3.10” vs 3.20” Griptech

That gives me just over 1mm of difference in diameter between the 3.1” pulley and the blower bearing housing/snout. That’s a half mm of clearance between the pulley and the snout. I would be very surprised if the 2.97” has sufficient clearance, but maybe that’s possible somehow? I would make them tell me the I.D in writing before I paid for it though.

BTW: Even with a 3.2” and a stock lower you’re going to be making too much boost to run on pump gas anyhow, so I’m assuming that you want to do a race gas/E85 max effort build.

If you’re so obsessed with having the highest pulley ratio ever used on a C6 Heartbeat, you could always buy the IW 35% OD balancer:
https://innovatorswest.com/product/8402-lsx-damper/

That’s just one of the many things you could do to make far more power than trying to fit the tiniest pulley ever over the snout.

As for your genius idea of cutting off the snout and somehow getting away without machining the supercharger body, well, I don’t even know you to respond to that. Either you’re making a bad joke or you haven’t really gave any thought at all to what you’re proposing to do. So, since you seem to be averse to taking advice, I’m going to say go for it and slice it off. Make sure you post pictures of the end result. We’ll be waiting…
The following 2 users liked this post by CI GS:
ls1wolf (02-09-2024), MickVette (02-09-2024)
Old 02-09-2024, 12:54 PM
3R1$C
Racer

Thanks for the reply. I am just thinking and exchanging ideas - this is just a side project that I spend some time on here and there.

The snout OD could be reduced in diameter to 62.8mm (2.472"). That would leave 4mm of material at the most critical point but would allow for a 2.9" pulley. That is still far off from the ZR1 pulleys. I am not a huge fan of running these larger dampers. They are already ugly and large in their stock size. If anything, I want to reduce that ugly harmonic damper to a smaller size. I also do not want to lift up the motor in the chassis. These 10% overdrive dampers require a small lift right? Or at least the gap to the cradle becomes so small that changing a belt becomes difficult. Using these large overdrive dampers is easy but really ugly in my world.

Cutting off that front snout is even more ugly. Lots of work also. Probably too much boost for my LS7 build anyway...

Last edited by 3R1$C; 03-05-2024 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-05-2024, 11:37 AM
3R1$C
Racer

Hi CI GS, quick question to you: do you have any 8 rib pulleys for the heartbeat laying around that you no longer need? I want to take your advise and start with a larger pulley and slowly iterate the car to a smaller pulley. You mentioned you have several pulleys. Do you have any pulley I could buy off you?
Thanks

PS: private message did not work, CI GS has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
Old 03-10-2024, 07:53 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

You have to be VERY careful dealing with CI GS. He has this Carribean witch doctor thing going on. It's not 100% necessarily a bad thing, but you need to keep your head on a swivel. Just sayin.......
The following users liked this post:
m60gov20 (03-10-2024)

Quick Reply: *** Special on Magnuson Heartbeat this Fall **