C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** Special on Magnuson Heartbeat this Fall **

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 03:46 PM
scottg
Burning Brakes

Received 187 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by old motorhead
They're available a whole lot cheaper than that in the states. I'm not going to tell you where though. I've heard, through the grapevine, that you've already told your kids that daddy can't afford to send them to college because of old motorhead. I just don't want that on my conscious.....
Rodney has his spy's even in Texas. I'am impressed.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:26 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

They're available a whole lot cheaper than that in the states. I'm not going to tell you where though. I've heard, through the grapevine, that you've already told your kids that daddy can't afford to send them to college because of old motorhead. I just don't want that on my conscious.....

You can really hear some **** these days...
Just send me a PM dammit. I won’t tell anyone that it was you who told me where...
Old 07-10-2018, 10:30 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by scottg
Rodney has his spy's even in Texas. I'am impressed.
Don’t pay him any mind Scotty. You know how those Texans can go on...
How’s your ride running, BTW? You been back to the track recently?
Old 07-11-2018, 07:13 AM
scottg
Burning Brakes

Received 187 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by CI GS

Don’t pay him any mind Scotty. You know how those Texans can go on...
How’s your ride running, BTW? You been back to the track recently?
Sad to say no, just got rid of my gas I put in it last oct 27th when I topped the tank off to store it for the winter. Tuner said to bring mine back in for twiking. Still does not idle real good. Something to do with parasitic air. I know nothing about tuning. But anything off idle its a beast in my eyes. Wife still loves when I go through the gears on country back roads, just not alot of free time.That will change soon I hope .
Old 07-11-2018, 12:06 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

OK Sammy. Here ya go: https://www.ssforums.com/forum/force...0-results.html Bottom line is that you don't need the full kit if you already have a supercharged LS3. $6500 sounds a whole lot mo better. That's assuming they make the 2650 with Corvette spacing of the drive. You think the thing will fit under your hood?

Edit: I think the SS and the Corvette LS3's use the same accessory spacing. Shoot, messed another one up. Camaro LS3's are the ones that use a different spacing.

Last edited by old motorhead; 07-11-2018 at 05:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
CI GS (07-12-2018)
Old 07-12-2018, 01:09 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

OK Sammy. Here ya go: https://www.ssforums.com/forum/force...0-results.html Bottom line is that you don't need the full kit if you already have a supercharged LS3. $6500 sounds a whole lot mo better. That's assuming they make the 2650 with Corvette spacing of the drive. You think the thing will fit under your hood?

Edit: I think the SS and the Corvette LS3's use the same accessory spacing. Shoot, messed another one up. Camaro LS3's are the ones that use a different spacing.
Dammit, Rodney, you’re going to be the ruination of me!
Old 07-12-2018, 12:00 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Here the most interesting thing I gleaned from that thread:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TcI-yz...fauxfullscreen
Old 07-12-2018, 07:00 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Chiselchst
Interesting (to me at least) about your boost number. I have a 90mm, with a stock HB, and have ~8.3#'s boost. I also have a full ZR1 exhaust, 3" off-road catless X-Pipe with the 3" Corsa axle backs (which do not have the 2.5" restriction like the stock ZR1 & Z06 NPP mufflers).
I'm thinking that my boost level would be ~8.5? with the stock 2.5" stock GS exhaust?
So, I'm thinking your 7.4 psi boost (with a smaller pulley) is due to your Cam & headers?
My mechanical experience with compressors would lead me to think that at 7.4# of boost, the "load" or "resistance" or "parasitic" loss is *LESS*, thus you are less likely to experience belt slip?
Meaning the resistance to get that intake charge in is *easier*...which equals less load on the blower = less potential of belt slip?
That's based on my D- grade average in High School in the late 70's expert opinion...
My plan if I do flex fuel is an 87mm with a 10% OD HB, Dayco tensioner, cam and same exhaust as I have now (with gutted cats).
Theory is that will give me less power but *might* not expose me to major belt slip conditions?
Or maybe I'll just get an 81mm and make a custom roller chain for the blower only LOL...
Just so you know, I have a brand new Griptech 3.4" (87mm) sitting in my garage with your name on it...
Old 07-13-2018, 07:24 AM
ls1wolf
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 111 Posts

So... May have bad news...

My tuner has been struggling with my trans tune ( I swear the M6 guys do NOT have issues us A6 guys do). I'm currently running the exact same trans tune that Monsta01 had on his 9.X car. The problem is, I'm still seeing flare every once in a while on 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 shifts. My tuner know thinks that the clutches may be going. I'm at a loss. Outside of some street tuning, and 4 quarter mile passes - I use this car to go get ice cream with my 4 year old! Car has 6,700 miles on it since I bought it in 2007 (its a 2008).

My tuner literally took the exact same file that's in my car and put it in a 56 chevy with a whippled LS3 and 6L80, and the car shifts so much harder than mine. Its like my trans is loose?

Just complaining out loud. The last time I had the car out (this past weekend) it shifted nicely at 1-2 (6500ish), but had little man in the car so obviously didn't want him complaining to Mom about how fast Dad was driving the car...
Old 07-13-2018, 05:58 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ls1wolf
So... May have bad news...

My tuner has been struggling with my trans tune ( I swear the M6 guys do NOT have issues us A6 guys do). I'm currently running the exact same trans tune that Monsta01 had on his 9.X car. The problem is, I'm still seeing flare every once in a while on 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 shifts. My tuner know thinks that the clutches may be going. I'm at a loss. Outside of some street tuning, and 4 quarter mile passes - I use this car to go get ice cream with my 4 year old! Car has 6,700 miles on it since I bought it in 2007 (its a 2008).

My tuner literally took the exact same file that's in my car and put it in a 56 chevy with a whippled LS3 and 6L80, and the car shifts so much harder than mine. Its like my trans is loose?

Just complaining out loud. The last time I had the car out (this past weekend) it shifted nicely at 1-2 (6500ish), but had little man in the car so obviously didn't want him complaining to Mom about how fast Dad was driving the car...
Yeah, you got that right. Tuning a 6L80 is a real PITA, took me months before I could get mine to stop bouncing off the limiter. I have a copy of Joe's 9.98@140 tune too, but I can tell you that it didn't work for me and neither did the Tuning School manual. Remember that the ECM tune also affects how the trans shifts. I keep forgetting to send you a copy of my tune. I'll do that later today or tomorrow. Feel free to use that at your own risk!

Old 07-13-2018, 06:48 PM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 286 Posts

Thank you sir, but not necessary - I already have a 3.4" / 86mm and a 3.1" / 81mm...

I've been accumulating parts slowly.
I have a 10% OD Dayco SFI s/c balancer, and a Dayco tensioner.
Was even thinking about spending some money on the ECS stuff on sale currently...such as Stage 1 fuel system, an ECS trans bracket, etc

Sammy I have a question for you; my 3.4" Griptec pulley is substantially rougher and is marked "Micro L2". Even the lettering on the face is much rougher - the lettering will snag on soft fabric. The other one - in a newer larger white SCOL box - is not nearly as rough. Both the belt area nor the letter engraving are rough, but both much smoother...

Just so you know, I have a brand new Griptech 3.4" (87mm) sitting in my garage with your name on it...

Last edited by Chiselchst; 07-13-2018 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:16 PM
ls1wolf
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 111 Posts

Yeah, you got that right. Tuning a 6L80 is a real PITA, took me months before I could get mine to stop bouncing off the limiter. I have a copy of Joe's 9.98@140 tune too, but I can tell you that it didn't work for me and neither did the Tuning School manual. Remember that the ECM tune also affects how the trans shifts. I keep forgetting to send you a copy of my tune. I'll do that later today or tomorrow. Feel free to use that at your own risk!
Sammy - you gave me Monstas tune. I’m thinking it just isn’t for me. Send me yours to my email and I’ll see how different it is. I just don’t believe the trans is bad. When doing the cooler a couple of weeks ago the fluid looked brand new still.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:16 PM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 286 Posts

FWIW, one thing about the 6L80e's - you guys would smoke me from a dig. Clutch cars - at least for me - are difficult to launch well, and consistently. Not to mention my poor consistency & successful/fast 2-3 shift
Old 07-14-2018, 06:18 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

FWIW, one thing about the 6L80e's - you guys would smoke me from a dig. Clutch cars - at least for me - are difficult to launch well, and consistently. Not to mention my poor consistency & successful/fast 2-3 shift
But, but, but....they don't break as often, don't cost as much to fix, and are WAY more fun to drive!!!
Old 07-14-2018, 10:58 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Thank you sir, but not necessary - I already have a 3.4" / 86mm and a 3.1" / 81mm...

I've been accumulating parts slowly.
I have a 10% OD Dayco SFI s/c balancer, and a Dayco tensioner.
Was even thinking about spending some money on the ECS stuff on sale currently...such as Stage 1 fuel system, an ECS trans bracket, etc

Sammy I have a question for you; my 3.4" Griptec pulley is substantially rougher and is marked "Micro L2". Even the lettering on the face is much rougher - the lettering will snag on soft fabric. The other one - in a newer larger white SCOL box - is not nearly as rough. Both the belt area nor the letter engraving are rough, but both much smoother...

Hmmn, that’s interesting Mitch. I didn’t know there was any such thing. I’ll take a look at my GripTech pulleys and see if they have any such marking on them.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:06 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Here’s what my GripTech 3.2” looks like, sitting next to the Magnuson 81mm.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:09 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

But, but, but....they don't break as often, don't cost as much to fix, and are WAY more fun to drive!!!
Really now? Change clutch, much?
Transmissions don’t break themselves. People (mostly tooners) break them.

Get notified of new replies

To *** Special on Magnuson Heartbeat this Fall **

Old 07-14-2018, 11:17 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ls1wolf

Sammy - you gave me Monstas tune. I’m thinking it just isn’t for me. Send me yours to my email and I’ll see how different it is. I just don’t believe the trans is bad. When doing the cooler a couple of weeks ago the fluid looked brand new still.
I’ll do that in a little bit Mark. I seriously doubt anything is wrong with your transmission. But these sumbitches are finicky as hell when it comes to tuning, and the simplest thing can make them go nuts. I had my truck all sorted and then decided to pull the trans and do a whole set of sonnax valve body upgrades and put the newer style pump in it late last year, and after that it shifted so damn hard my fillings were falling out. Had to go right back through the tune, but the trans is working decent again as of just recently. And, boy, have I abused the **** out of that 6L80. These trannies are tough as hell, no matter what you hear on here about them. (Wait, I can still use the word “trannies” right?)
The following users liked this post:
ls1wolf (07-14-2018)
Old 07-14-2018, 11:34 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

(Wait, I can still use the word “trannies” right?)
Wrong. You're suspect, so you'd best leave that alone....
Old 07-14-2018, 12:16 PM
rajahhindi
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Hmmn, that’s interesting Mitch. I didn’t know there was any such thing. I’ll take a look at my GripTech pulleys and see if they have any such marking on them.

Mitch/Sammy,
I just ordered the 3.2" griptec from Capa Performance here in Australia. It has the L2 micro stamped on it as well from the photo they sent me.
If you go to the griptec site, they also have a L3 for certain jackshaft maggy pulleys, but not all of them. I was going to e-mail them about the differences,
but just decided the L2 version would be ok. I googled the L2 version and i am convinced it has another level of abrasiveness over the normal griptec. As
for the L3, i'm not sure?

Last edited by rajahhindi; 07-14-2018 at 12:19 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by rajahhindi:
Chiselchst (07-14-2018), CI GS (07-14-2018)

Quick Reply: *** Special on Magnuson Heartbeat this Fall **