C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** Special on Magnuson Heartbeat this Fall **

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 10:37 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by Chiselchst
Sammy, you have done more with these accessories drive & belts than probably anyone with the HB on a C6! Damn, and you have not been rewarded with much luck either!
Man I can certainly understand the frustration. You've done better than I would have LOL I'm not too good with patience, especially wrenching.
You saved me a shitload of money when I switch to corn, add a cam & CNC heads! I'll keep boost at 10# max...
If I'm ever, I'll pay it back
Having said that can't wait for your 60-ft's to drop, and the vid! You'll be king of the Island!
I'll start a go fund me for Carson to fly his car over so you can find get a race, LOL...
Haha. You have no idea how frustrating it is, Mitch. Especially since I had to pay a couple of hundred bucks to ship it via FedEx priority and then customs gets to charge me 27% income duty (we’re not allowed to say “tax” down here) for the cost and shipping. And it’s way more expensive to ship it back, so I have over the years accumulated a fairly large cache of “spare” parts that I can’t use. I think I might have invented a few cuss words the other night.
I’m hoping to wring another 10th or two out of it and then I’ll decide if I’m going to spend $1750 on a set ID1300Xs and another few hundred on a DSX Flex fuel kit, reconfigure the fuel system, etc. so that I can run straight C85 or Ignite. I’m thinking that should be good for at least 30whp without even dialing more timing in though, just from the additional cooling. I would need to retune it at the track all over again though.
I’m working on getting Carson down here for a weekend so he can tune it properly for me, but don’t tell him I told you, lol. He’s been slingshotting all over the globe recently though, so I’m not sure he has the time.
BTW: you should hear and see the difference the BAP makes with the HX pump. I’ll do a short video and post it up soon. I don’t think even the ZR1 pump can pump more than that old Bosch with 18V of juice.
The following users liked this post:
Chiselchst (02-15-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 09:39 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by CI GS
I’m working on getting Carson down here for a weekend so he can tune it properly for me, but don’t tell him I told you, lol. He’s been slingshotting all over the globe recently though, so I’m not sure he has the time.
And here I was thinking I was going to get a nice relaxing long weekend on the island
Old 02-15-2019, 10:07 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by schpenxel
And here I was thinking I was going to get a nice relaxing long weekend on the island
Not a chance bud! Don’t worry man, we’ll have plenty of time for you to do any and everything else there is to do on this little rock.
Seriously though, I would like your (and anyone else’s, for that matter) opinion on whether you think it’s worth it for me to do the switch to C85 (from VP MS109) at this stage and how hard do you think it would be for me to get the tune dialed in. I would also need to figure out whether the ECS Stage 1 system would suffice, with a dedicated -8AN line run up front to a bypass regulator, teed into the fuel rail port, with a -6AN return back to the ECS Block on the tank. I already have everything I need for the fuel system. Just not looking forward to the toxic fuel smell lingering in the garage again.
Obviously, I would change the injectors as well to ID1300Xs.
Maybe I should start another E85 thread and see what kind of controversial debate that will spark...
Old 02-15-2019, 12:43 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

I’m not sure you’ll gain a whole lot going to e85 from what you’re on now but others would have a better idea than me. Hopefully someone that has done it chimes in on your other thread
The following users liked this post:
CI GS (02-15-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 09:16 AM
ls1wolf
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 111 Posts

Regarding E85.

My ecs stage 1 kit with the a1000 doesn’t include a fuel filter. Should that be added when using a flex fuel setup? And if so, where would it be installed?
Old 02-20-2019, 12:22 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ls1wolf
Regarding E85.

My ecs stage 1 kit with the a1000 doesn’t include a fuel filter. Should that be added when using a flex fuel setup? And if so, where would it be installed?
Most people put the filter on the suction/inlet side of the pump, but ECS fuel block already has a strainer “sock” on it, so I don’t think there’s any chance of dirt getting into the pump. I would be cautious about adding one downstream on the pressure side, since you’ll be pushing ~58psi through it, so no matter how good it is, there’s always the possibility it could leak. But, maybe one of the Aeromotive inline filters with a S/S element could work. I don’t think you need it though, once you make sure to flush the hoses properly before you connect it all up.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:55 AM
ls1wolf
Burning Brakes

Thanks Sammy. Always appreciated!
Old 02-21-2019, 09:54 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Thanks Sammy. Always appreciated!
No worries man. Did you get the email re the tune?

Also, make sure that you post up some pictures of the ECS E85 fuel kit install.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:35 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Get you one of them fancy ID fuel filters for the low low price of $300

Last edited by schpenxel; 02-21-2019 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:40 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Get you one of them fancy ID fuel filters for the low low price of $300
Yeah, they're dead sexy, aren't they, though? Waay too pretty to install under your fenderwell where no one can see them!
Old 02-21-2019, 01:44 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Yeah, they're dead sexy, aren't they, though? Waay too pretty to install under your fenderwell where no one can see them!
They are quite awesome to look at.. I considered one but quickly changed my mind when I saw the price. I'd have to cut a hole in my hood to show that thing off if I had one
Old 02-23-2019, 10:24 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Well fellas, I’m heading back to the track tomorrow. Spent the evening at the track helping to prep the start line and I have a few tips on how to tune the suspension from subfloor (thanks Christopher). I’ve also switched from the 27.5” tall 295/55/15 Hoosiers to a 28.25” tall 275/60/15 DR2, so I’m looking to hook this thing up tomorrow and improve my 60’ times. Hopefully, I won’t break anything and I’ll be able to report back on here with some decent results tomorrow night. Fingers crossed...
Old 02-23-2019, 10:26 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

They are quite awesome to look at.. I considered one but quickly changed my mind when I saw the price. I'd have to cut a hole in my hood to show that thing off if I had one

Hood?! We don needs no stinkin’ hood!
Old 02-24-2019, 09:02 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Well, not such a good day today...
The good news is that the new tires and suspension settings are working, because even on a shitty, balding start line, I managed to pull a 1.41 60’ (I know that doesn’t sound like much, but trust me when I say it’s no mean feat on our crap track surface).
The bad news is that once it shifted into second, where it was making 12.6 psi, it appears that it started to dump the belt partially off and then the boost fell to around 8 psi and got worse from there. It shifted fine and there was no dramatic drop in power, but it just didn’t feel like it was pulling through the traps like before, and when I braked and went to turn into the return lane, I realized that I had no power steering and then the temperature started climbing until it reached about 240* by the time I parked it. Sure enough, when I lifted the hood, the belt was off - it had sliced the green belt in two for about one third of the circumference and the belt was completely off the pulleys.
BUT, I somehow still managed to run a 6.3, albeit @ only 107mph, with a 1.41 60’, so I know that run would’ve been a personal best for me in this car. So that sucks. And this belt thing is really, really, really driving me up the fukin wall. In all fairness, I think it’s because the belt was a bit too short (96.5”) and the tensioner is literally almost completely closed, so I figure it slammed off the stop in the fully closed position when I made the gear change (at 7100) and that spilled the belt and then the edge of the tensioner sliced it and eventually dumped it off completely. Luckily I had a spare 98” 6-rib with me, so I put that on so I could drive it home.

Last edited by CI GS; 02-24-2019 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:35 AM
ls1wolf
Burning Brakes

Belt issues over trans issues. I’ll take belt issues! But still a pain.

What belt eat should you be running? (Size)?
Old 02-25-2019, 10:20 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

That is where mine is. And well worth it. Injectors are not cheap, and neither are engines. The protection it offers is WELL worth the $300.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:38 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Unreal
That is where mine is. And well worth it. Injectors are not cheap, and neither are engines. The protection it offers is WELL worth the $300.
Oh, I hear you. I plan to install a good filter if/when I buy some ID1300Xs and change my aux fuel pump to go E85. But, I'm telling you, if I do install one of those, I might just put a piece of plexiglass over it instead of the fender liner, just to show that sexy bitch off!
BTW: Speaking of replacing the aux fuel pump, what do you guys think of the Fuelab Prodigy pumps, as a replacement for the AEM 380 (which isn't ethanol rated)? I'm also looking at the Aeromotive A1000 brushless.

Get notified of new replies

To *** Special on Magnuson Heartbeat this Fall **

Old 02-25-2019, 10:42 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

The ID stuff is well worth it. I've been down the street where they are assembled, and when you see the engineering, care, and parts inside, you get why it is a $300 fuel filter, and why it is worth it.

No experience with any of those pumps so can't comment. I need to buy a new FPR and can't decide on that. Just aeromotive (which one?) or do the fore reg? My aeromotive in there now works great, no issues, but it is red, and moving it back to engine bay, so don't want it to stand out.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:53 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Belt issues over trans issues. I’ll take belt issues! But still a pain.

What belt eat should you be running? (Size)?
Yeah, I hear you. Most of my would be competitors went home on flatbeds yesterday, with broken axles, transfer cases, diffs, etc. Hell, if all the competition in my class hadn't broken down, I would've run home and grabbed my spare 8-rib belt and come back and give them a shot.

I believe I should be running a 98" belt, but there's no green belt equivalent in that size so I had forced a K080968HD on it, which is 97.5", which is why the tensioner was fully closed.
I really do believe that's what caused it to jump off - the tensioner slammed closed on the 1-2 shift and bounced off the stop. That's happened to me before when I had too short a belt on the car. You could say that this damn car has put a belting on me over the years...

Last edited by CI GS; 02-25-2019 at 11:06 AM.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:03 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Unreal
The ID stuff is well worth it. I've been down the street where they are assembled, and when you see the engineering, care, and parts inside, you get why it is a $300 fuel filter, and why it is worth it.

No experience with any of those pumps so can't comment. I need to buy a new FPR and can't decide on that. Just aeromotive (which one?) or do the fore reg? My aeromotive in there now works great, no issues, but it is red, and moving it back to engine bay, so don't want it to stand out.
Just buy a black Aeromotive regulator. I've always used Aeromotive regulators without any problems on all sorts of applications, even on a 2-stroke outboard.
Here's what I plan to use. Bought it already, in fact:
https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...3129/overview/

Quick Reply: *** Special on Magnuson Heartbeat this Fall **