C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnuson Ports

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 12:25 AM
switchblade six
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Proracing;1586282471]Never really said it was a power limiting strategy. That was one theory, maybe a bad one lol, but that's all it was IMO. But the fact doesn't change that Magnuson themselves stated to push over 650rwhp on a mustang dyno not a dynojet, which is a huge differance, I would need to port the manifold. Hopefully it will all work out great for me, it's a pretty big build with a stroker motor and big cam so the issue needing the turbulence created by the triangular port design at low idle won't be an issue for me. Keep your fingers crossed lol. Car is at the shop and prob won't be dynoed till end of next week. I'll post numbers up as soon as I get them.

PS: this thread so for has been great and the saying goes, you learn something new everyday. Now I know why they designed the ports that way.

Also I love the new heartbeat and was thinking about it but the deal I got on a brand new still in the box unopened LS3 Maggie TVS2300 I couldn't pass up. $5500 shipped to my door!! I did the install myself and already had the hood so it worked out for me and I saved a TON of $$$[

Your a few pages ahead of me lol
since im looking for under 600 on a stock LS3 this year im all for driveability
I will most likely begin with chassis/handling mods before I seek more power
I too was ready to pull trigger on heartbeat until a barely used TVS system came my way for $4500
Btw the manifold gaskets are GM parts which I paid $130 for to Magnuson..GM price $47
I also was missing the coolant cross over tube which I paid also 130
this is a "custom part" (exit welded in different location) similar GM part under 30 bucks
not to mention they don't return emails and the customer service rep is a ____ on the phone

Jus saying
Old 02-28-2014, 01:54 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetk14
Just as an FYI, I paid $6800 for my dry-sump Heartbeat system. That was a pretty damn good deal, but they can be had for quite a bit less than retail if you know where to look and the time is right.
Wow! That is a good deal! Do you mind telling me where to look?
Old 02-28-2014, 02:11 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by Proracing
Never really said it was a power limiting strategy. That was one theory, maybe a bad one lol, but that's all it was IMO. But the fact doesn't change that Magnuson themselves stated to push over 650rwhp on a mustang dyno not a dynojet, which is a huge differance, I would need to port the manifold. Hopefully it will all work out great for me, it's a pretty big build with a stroker motor and big cam so the issue needing the turbulence created by the triangular port design at low idle won't be an issue for me. Keep your fingers crossed lol. Car is at the shop and prob won't be dynoed till end of next week. I'll post numbers up as soon as I get them.

PS: this thread so for has been great and the saying goes, you learn something new everyday. Now I know why they designed the ports that way

Also I love the new heartbeat and was thinking about it but the deal I got on a brand new still in the box unopened LS3 Maggie TVS2300 I couldn't pass up. $5500 shipped to my door!! I did the install myself and already had the hood so it worked out for me and I saved a TON of $$$
The Heartbeat would be the way I would go, just because I like the looks of it and it seems to have the potential to be a better performer than the regular 2300 TVS, although it seems the jury is still out on that. Too bad someone couldn't do a back to back test on a pound for pound of boost basis, so that we can see if it is better and, if so, by how much.
Having said that, if I had a hood already and someone offered me that deal, I would've probably jumped at it too.
Please let us know what the dyno results are.

What I can't figure out is, if the shortened intake port making the LS3 more prone to surge and light load detonation and is the reason for them doing this, how do they get away with it on the heartbeat? The manifold on that has extremely short open intake ports, and higher flowing intercoolers, so WTH? Maybe they figured out a way to tune around it now and just haven't gotten around to opening up the ports on the regular TVS? Too bad Magnuson doesn't deign to proffer an official explanation.

Last edited by CI GS; 02-28-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:26 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by CI GS
Wow! That is a good deal! Do you mind telling me where to look?
I'll shoot you a pm, as he isn't a forum sponsor.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:42 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

for anybody else who runs across this thread in their searches, i got the same explanation from Magnuson when i bought the newly-developed cathedral-port version for my car in 2011. the explanation of the above design flaws was to keep the coveted CARB sticker.
my LS1 car also has the dorito ports, which i plan to have CNCed out soon & flow more air with less boost/heat.

Last edited by _zebra; 07-20-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Magnuson Ports