C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

7-800whp aim build need ideas

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2023, 08:06 AM
herca
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 7-800whp aim build need ideas

Hello,

I have a 2006 A6 LS2 with 1 3/4" LG Pro lt headers with 3" X-pipe, cat and muffler delete with a tune, NA car.
I'm really playing with the idea of building it to 7-800whp, maybe going to 1000whp area later.
What mods would you do to reach that with reliability?
My current thoughts are ECS supercharger kit, some BTR cam with supporting mods (harmonic balancer, springs, pushrods, stall converter) and meth.
Also would the stock A6 trans and the diff handle that power?
Old 12-03-2023, 10:11 AM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Received 1,312 Likes on 884 Posts

You have selected the proper mods.

I think the rear diff should be able to handle the power but the A6 will likely need to be upgraded especially if you are at the 1000whp level.
The following users liked this post:
herca (12-17-2023)
Old 12-03-2023, 05:17 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,337 Likes on 945 Posts

Add a serious tranny cooler. Get someone who knows how to tune a transmission with that power level in mind. Don't fool with meth and go straight to E85 with fuel pump and injectors matched (or overmatched) for your power levels. A converter with a higher stall speed will help performance but will also increase wear on everything behind the converter.

Your LS2, if its healthy now, will play nice at that power level for a long time. Keep it cool, keep it lubed, and keep it fueled. 7-800 hp yeah. More than that, it's a crap shoot.
The following 3 users liked this post by old motorhead:
herca (12-17-2023), RYNO1976 (12-06-2023), winters97gt (12-16-2023)
Old 12-15-2023, 10:31 PM
slow_vettec6
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by herca
Hello,

I have a 2006 A6 LS2 with 1 3/4" LG Pro lt headers with 3" X-pipe, cat and muffler delete with a tune, NA car.
I'm really playing with the idea of building it to 7-800whp, maybe going to 1000whp area later.
My current thoughts are ECS supercharger kit, some BTR cam with supporting mods (harmonic balancer, springs, pushrods, stall converter) and meth.
600-700whp should be easily attainable with the mods you have in mind. My ls2 with ECS 1500 @12 lbs made 655whp. I honestly think 600whp is plenty of power. I think that's where I enjoyed my car the most at 750-800whp alot needs upgrading.
herca (12-17-2023)
Old 12-17-2023, 12:51 PM
herca
Instructor

Originally Posted by old motorhead
Add a serious tranny cooler. Get someone who knows how to tune a transmission with that power level in mind. Don't fool with meth and go straight to E85 with fuel pump and injectors matched (or overmatched) for your power levels. A converter with a higher stall speed will help performance but will also increase wear on everything behind the converter.

Your LS2, if its healthy now, will play nice at that power level for a long time. Keep it cool, keep it lubed, and keep it fueled. 7-800 hp yeah. More than that, it's a crap shoot.
Unfortunately they don't sell E85 in my country.
What kind of trans cooler would you recommend?
Old 12-17-2023, 12:59 PM
BoosTTed C6
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Hello,

700-800 on a SBE LS2 is doable all day long. When my car was a blower car, it was a SBE LS2, ECS/Paxton 1500, direct drive, ECS Stage 1 Fuel System (No BAP), ECS/Alky Meth kit, ECS baby blower cam and Kooks Headers. Car made 760/643 on a very conservative tune and I drove it like I stole it for 8 years with that set up. Only reason it is off the car is I wanted more power so ECS took care of that too. Now twin turbo.

You are on the right track. I would add ECS's direct drive to your marketing list. Since you cannot get e85, meth is the answer. ECS does have a A2W IC solution for blower cars. Much more flow than their a2a set up but it is not needed unless you are looking to make more than 1200 whpr. If you want to make more than 800, you will need a built motor if you want it to last a while. You may make 1000 hpr on a SBE LS2 but not for very long.

You will likely exceed the limits of the stock A6 at 700 hpr. You will need to build your transmission as well. My car is a manual transmission car so I know very little about what you need to keep an A6 alive. Hell, I killed the A6 in my Tahoe at 83000 miles under normal use, no visits to the track but it saw some spirited street driving under 5-6 psi from a TVS 1900. You will do more abuse to your A6 in a day than I dished out over 6 years.
herca (12-24-2023)
Old 12-19-2023, 12:43 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by old motorhead

Your LS2, if it’s healthy now, will play nice at that power level for a long time. Keep it cool, keep it lubed, and keep it fueled. 7-800 hp yeah. More than that, it's a crap shoot.
Hey old buddy!

I’ve been down this road a time or two. More like a dozen times on builds. Listen to Rodney. Sound advice. I’d never compare any of my Tahoes to any of my vette builds. Good fuel is your friend.
The following 2 users liked this post by winters97gt:
herca (12-24-2023), old motorhead (12-19-2023)
Old 12-24-2023, 01:11 AM
herca
Instructor

Originally Posted by BoosTTed C6
700-800 on a SBE LS2 is doable all day long. When my car was a blower car, it was a SBE LS2, ECS/Paxton 1500, direct drive, ECS Stage 1 Fuel System (No BAP), ECS/Alky Meth kit, ECS baby blower cam and Kooks Headers. Car made 760/643 on a very conservative tune and I drove it like I stole it for 8 years with that set up. Only reason it is off the car is I wanted more power so ECS took care of that too. Now twin turbo.

You are on the right track. I would add ECS's direct drive to your marketing list. Since you cannot get e85, meth is the answer. ECS does have a A2W IC solution for blower cars. Much more flow than their a2a set up but it is not needed unless you are looking to make more than 1200 whpr. If you want to make more than 800, you will need a built motor if you want it to last a while. You may make 1000 hpr on a SBE LS2 but not for very long.

You will likely exceed the limits of the stock A6 at 700 hpr. You will need to build your transmission as well. My car is a manual transmission car so I know very little about what you need to keep an A6 alive. Hell, I killed the A6 in my Tahoe at 83000 miles under normal use, no visits to the track but it saw some spirited street driving under 5-6 psi from a TVS 1900. You will do more abuse to your A6 in a day than I dished out over 6 years.
I might go above 1000whp in a few years, but the first checkpoint would be around 800whp.
I know I will need a stall converter and a trans cooler for sure. It is just hard to get good infos and mechanics here (I'm in Europe), so I'm trying to do as much as possible on my own.
Old 12-24-2023, 01:12 AM
herca
Instructor

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Hey old buddy!

I’ve been down this road a time or two. More like a dozen times on builds. Listen to Rodney. Sound advice. I’d never compare any of my Tahoes to any of my vette builds. Good fuel is your friend.
We have 100 and 102 octane fuel here, I think the 100 is the same as the 93 or 95 in the US.
Old 12-26-2023, 10:08 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

Pretty basic build really. Our base kit with the direct drive upgrade, swap out injectors from the start, size depends on E85 or meth injection use, Stg 1 fuel system, ARH or Kooks headers and our blower cam will put you in the 8-850 range. Very common build that's well proven, the car handles it very well also. I consider this point the top end of our "happy customer" area as the bang for the buck is excellent.

Feel free to call in or email us for a quote or if you would like to discuss this in length, we are open all week.
herca (12-27-2023)
Old 12-27-2023, 11:06 AM
herca
Instructor

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Pretty basic build really. Our base kit with the direct drive upgrade, swap out injectors from the start, size depends on E85 or meth injection use, Stg 1 fuel system, ARH or Kooks headers and our blower cam will put you in the 8-850 range. Very common build that's well proven, the car handles it very well also. I consider this point the top end of our "happy customer" area as the bang for the buck is excellent.

Feel free to call in or email us for a quote or if you would like to discuss this in length, we are open all week.
My #1 choice currently is your blower kit to be honest. Do you ship to Europe?

Get notified of new replies

To 7-800whp aim build need ideas

Quick Reply: 7-800whp aim build need ideas