C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

meth nozzle and iat mounting point...

Old 09-13-2014, 09:18 AM
hnaskoct
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Default meth nozzle and iat mounting point...

I have a alky control meth kit that I was told to buy by my fellow cf members,I installed it but my tuner told me to mount it after the maf..he also didn't tell me to run a iat sensor...but i see alot of guys on here running their nozzles before the iat sensor to get the cold I take temps rite??? Is mines setup safe or something because I'm trying to see the reason for this..I have to wait till car cools downs which takes forever to make a good hit to feel power but after that it's just pulling timing slowing car if i try another hit....what's the deal..seems like I don't need meth if i gotta keep doing these long cool down cycles to have all my power rite??
Old 09-13-2014, 09:27 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Maf>nozzles>iat
Old 09-13-2014, 09:47 AM
hnaskoct
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Maf>nozzles>iat
So basically when I'm spraying meth the engine dosent even know it's being cooled off so I'm just pissing in the wind riterite ease timing is still pulled or am I wrong?
Old 09-13-2014, 10:19 AM
Slo-Poc
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

You need to buy a break away kit for the iat and mount it somewhere down stream on the pipe or on top of the intake after the tb. On the long pulls your intake temps will stay low bc of the 100%meth letting you run safe timing. It will not keep your motor cool. Right now our weather is hotter than hell with crazy high humidity. So when you get to the pad pop the hood and run those fans till it cools off. Do your burn out and make your pass then pop it and repeat. Unless you are with us roll racers who keep moving after our runs, this is what you will have to do to keep everything cool.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:21 AM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by hnaskoct
So basically when I'm spraying meth the engine dosent even know it's being cooled
It does. That's why IAT sensor is there.

off so I'm just pissing in the wind
Maybe you are. :-)

timing is still pulled
No.

Of course depends on tune.

or am I wrong?
Yes. :-)
Old 09-13-2014, 12:56 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles
It does. That's why IAT sensor is there.

Maybe you are. :-)

No.

Of course depends on tune.

Yes. :-)

If the IAT sensor is still in the MAF, then no, the PCM has no idea meth is being sprayed. The added knock suppression is there, but it probably isn't doing much for power besides eliminating any KR. Timing will still be pulled for high IATs. So yeah, I'd say he is pissing in the wind to some extent.

OP,

Get an IAT breakout harness from Casper's, then a good IAT sensor to mount in either the charge pipe or intake manifold. I mounted mine in the manifold right behind the throttle body. For an LS3 car, the ZR1/CTS-V IAT2 sensor is what you want.

http://www.casperselectronics.com/st...oducts_id=1137

IAT sensor is GM part number 12614717

Last edited by Streetk14; 09-13-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:16 PM
hnaskoct
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Slo-Poc
You need to buy a break away kit for the iat and mount it somewhere down stream on the pipe or on top of the intake after the tb. On the long pulls your intake temps will stay low bc of the 100%meth letting you run safe timing. It will not keep your motor cool. Right now our weather is hotter than hell with crazy high humidity. So when you get to the pad pop the hood and run those fans till it cools off. Do your burn out and make your pass then pop it and repeat. Unless you are with us roll racers who keep moving after our runs, this is what you will have to do to keep everything cool.
That was my bad choice of wordz...I know it's not gonna keep the engine cool I meant the intake temp lol..so I have more to do since my meth is mounted behind my maf..The battle never ends lol
Old 09-14-2014, 04:39 AM
Pitufina
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

That was my bad choice of wordz...I know it's not gonna keep the engine cool I meant the intake temp lol..so I have more to do since my meth is mounted behind my maf..The battle never ends lol
Follow Streetk14 advice. He broke it down for your understanding and provided the part numbers needed for the iat install behind the tb.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:02 AM
stephenpen
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where do you mount the temp sensor behind the throttle body. Do you tap the intake ? I'd like to see some pictures
Old 09-14-2014, 09:19 AM
1MEANGS
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

My meth nozzle is placed before my maf... But if I recall since I'm tuned SD it doesn't matter that it's placed before the sensor
Old 09-14-2014, 09:35 AM
stephenpen
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have much room between my maf and throttle body. Definitely not enough room to mount the iat sensor after the nozzle.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:21 AM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by stephenpen
I don't have much room between my maf and throttle body. Definitely not enough room to mount the iat sensor after the nozzle.
Here's where I had mine. And yeah, you can drill and tap the manifold.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:10 AM
NormWild
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetk14
Here's where I had mine. And yeah, you can drill and tap the manifold.

That's where I put mine, and really the only place you can put it in the manifold without taking it off the car. I made a custom charge pipe though so I didn't have to run the meth nozzle in the silicone hose. Like its already been said, you must relocate your IAT which is currently in the MAF housing, so it is after the meth. Otherwise you are missing one of the prime benefits of the Meth. My IATs went from 110 deg. to 60.

The other option is to switch the tune to speed density and spray before the MAF using the stock IAT. The issue is you cannot spray over the MAF sensor, it goes without saying they don't like to get wet. I eventually plan to switch to SD and change out the charge pipe to a MAF-less style, just need a 2 bar MAP sensor.

Last edited by NormWild; 09-15-2014 at 08:13 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To meth nozzle and iat mounting point...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: meth nozzle and iat mounting point...