C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eaton S/C on a Callaway GS

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 05:51 PM
1SWEETSC606
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eaton S/C on a Callaway GS

So, I bought a Callaway SC606 a few months ago and I'm looking to play with it now. From what I understand, it's putting out 606bhp at 7# boost. Any idea what to do for maybe a new pulley? Also, cam and exhaust a good idea as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:34 PM
slow goat
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SWEETSC606
So, I bought a Callaway SC606 a few months ago and I'm looking to play with it now. From what I understand, it's putting out 606bhp at 7# boost. Any idea what to do for maybe a new pulley? Also, cam and exhaust a good idea as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hey there.
I would consider an innovators west overdrive crank pulley. It will give you a couple more lbs of boost while increasing belt wrap. As far as a cam goes, it comes down to a matter of personal taste. I have had big cams before that shake and rattle the interior, and make the motor feel like it's on the verge of stalling. Personally, I have the ECS small blower cam in mine. I like the mild nature of the cam. I'm not looking to set any records or build a max effort vehicle.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:02 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,336 Likes on 945 Posts

Which blower are you working with? How is it configured? Front or rear drive? TVS or one of the previous generation blowers?
Old 02-02-2015, 08:15 PM
slow goat
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Actually, I'm saving for an ECS. I did however have an M122 on my LS2 GTO. It was rear driven with a jackshaft. It was overdriven (rear pullies swapped). Guys who did not swap the rears had to go smaller on the jackshaft pulley. Eventually, belt wrap would become an issue....that's why I recommend a larger crank pulley. Besides, the stock balancer on our cars aren't the greatest.

Sent from my HTC One using IB AutoGroup
Old 02-02-2015, 09:24 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by slow goat
Actually, I'm saving for an ECS. I did however have an M122 on my LS2 GTO. It was rear driven with a jackshaft. It was overdriven (rear pullies swapped). Guys who did not swap the rears had to go smaller on the jackshaft pulley. Eventually, belt wrap would become an issue....that's why I recommend a larger crank pulley. Besides, the stock balancer on our cars aren't the greatest.

Sent from my HTC One using IB AutoGroup
Yeah, that's not really necessary with the TVS2300 blowers. I had a 122 back in the day as well, and it was a different animal. Mine was set up 1:1 in back and I fought belt slip the whole time I had it. An ECS tensioner and Gatorback belt ended up fixing most of it, but it was never 100% eliminated.

If the OP has a TVS blower, belt slip is much less of an issue. Unless he's planning to really push it, a front pulley swap would be a hell of a lot easier. I've ran the stock crank pulley on both my blown LS3 cars with zero issues. Also ran the stock LS1 crank pulley on my 122 car.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:11 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,336 Likes on 945 Posts

If the OP's blower is set up like I think it is, there's a very easy and inexpensive upgrade available. I'm guessing he's under driven on the rear pulleys. If so, just swap those two back pulleys to make it overdriven. Change the front pulley to a 3.8". You end up speeding the blower up while using a bigger front pulley. Much less likely to slip.

If you leave the rear pulleys under driven, you'd need a 2.8" front pulley to equal the blower speed you'll see with the overdriven rears and a 3.8" front. With a good belt and tensioner, the overdriven 3.8" front combo won't slip. You won't be able to stop the belt slip using a 2.8" front along with the under driven rears.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:32 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

The Callaway exhaust flows really well, long tube headers will help a bunch.

Get notified of new replies

To Eaton S/C on a Callaway GS

Quick Reply: Eaton S/C on a Callaway GS