C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one have broke his F1X procharger? TT time?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 11:35 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by C6 Curtis
Might try a F1A on my C63 though to be different

-Curtis
Wish the engine bay was bigger in that car.
Those motors love boost, once the pistons are dealt with.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:04 AM
c5mtl
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

My ysi totally out of steam and was thinking about f1x......between the failures here and on yellow bullet I think I'll stick to ysi and just dump the money in the billet impeller
Old 02-18-2016, 09:33 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by c5mtl
My ysi totally out of steam and was thinking about f1x......between the failures here and on yellow bullet I think I'll stick to ysi and just dump the money in the billet impeller
I think you would be surprised if you knew how many of those blowers break as well.

You just don't hear about it, since...

Not many people run their blowers in heads up racing. (maybe 3-4 people)

Their racers are not allowed to talk about "breakage" due to "testing contract" they have. (again such a limited number of people)

There is a reason their two main sponsored racers, now run our blowers. ~~ Food for thought.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:52 AM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I have one of the first F1x's on a C6.. and one of the first f1x c6's to actually make some power. I have talked to SEVERAL of the people who broke f1xs. and here are my views and what i have gathered.
(1) .. if you push a mechanical blower 10-20% over max rated speed and it breaks.. it's not Prochargers fault..
(2) almost everyone i talked to who broke an f1x was very upset that at only 10-20% over .. it broke...
(3) LOL if you think turbos never break.
(4) i think the average Ysi on a vette maybe does last longer than an f1x.. because the ysi guys are happy making 700-800 with 1 or 2 making 1k +.. where as people only go f1x when they want to make BIG power and they aLL over spin them.

The shop i use to do all my work has put out a BUNCH of f1x cars.. and the only non f1x cars they do have other PCs on them. everyone is very happy.. and everyone flog the crap out of their cars. I 100% do agree the f1x isnt for everyone.. lots of people are happy making 600-800, wearing their leather corvette jacket and their flat billet corvette hat..
Old 02-18-2016, 10:00 AM
C6 Curtis
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by White_Lightning
I have one of the first F1x's on a C6.. and one of the first f1x c6's to actually make some power. I have talked to SEVERAL of the people who broke f1xs. and here are my views and what i have gathered.
(1) .. if you push a mechanical blower 10-20% over max rated speed and it breaks.. it's not Prochargers fault..
(2) almost everyone i talked to who broke an f1x was very upset that at only 10-20% over .. it broke...
(3) LOL if you think turbos never break.
(4) i think the average Ysi on a vette maybe does last longer than an f1x.. because the ysi guys are happy making 700-800 with 1 or 2 making 1k +.. where as people only go f1x when they want to make BIG power and they aLL over spin them.

The shop i use to do all my work has put out a BUNCH of f1x cars.. and the only non f1x cars they do have other PCs on them. everyone is very happy.. and everyone flog the crap out of their cars. I 100% do agree the f1x isnt for everyone.. lots of people are happy making 600-800, wearing their leather corvette jacket and their flat billet corvette hat..
LMAO of course I know turbos break, I have never had one break on me yet (knock on wood) I ended up going with the class legal Renegade 76mm precision. I do like PC and id rather get an F1A-94 over the F1X it just seems like a badass blower, as for Vortech I don't even consider those

-Curtis

Last edited by C6 Curtis; 02-18-2016 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:01 AM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

LMAO of course I know turbos break, I have never had one break on me yet (knock on wood). I do like PC and id rather get an F1A-94 over the F1X it just seems like a badass blower as for Vortech I don't even consider those

-Curtis
again.. Variety is the spice of life.. i had a D1, F1R and F1x.

if you want to make 1k rwhp. IMO there is no need to to f1x... you can.. but why?

i wanted more.. f1x was the only blower that could do it for me.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:27 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

LMAO of course I know turbos break, I have never had one break on me yet (knock on wood) I ended up going with the class legal Renegade 76mm precision. I do like PC and id rather get an F1A-94 over the F1X it just seems like a badass blower, as for Vortech I don't even consider those

-Curtis
F-1A-94 = GAME OVER...

Blower the size of our competitors entry level "street" blower. (and ours)
And setting records left and right.

That unit, is the reason why our stuff costs a little more.
It took a LOT of $$$$$ with R&D time, to make that efficient little power house.

Just think.... thats the same technology, thats in the new F-3X-143
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 02-18-2016, 11:41 AM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ProChargerTech
F-1A-94 = GAME OVER...

Blower the size of our competitors entry level "street" blower. (and ours)
And setting records left and right.

That unit, is the reason why our stuff costs a little more.
It took a LOT of $$$$$ with R&D time, to make that efficient little power house.

Just think.... thats the same technology, thats in the new F-3X-143
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

What you really need to do is get off the forums.. and figure out how to mount and run an f1x-12 in the same location my f1x runs.. and off a 10 rib.. if you could get right on that it would be super cool
Old 02-18-2016, 11:50 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by White_Lightning
What you really need to do is get off the forums.. and figure out how to mount and run an f1x-12 in the same location my f1x runs.. and off a 10 rib.. if you could get right on that it would be super cool
Not gonna lie, I think the 10 rib would light on fire. LOL.

But I do need to get off the forums today, and do some "real" work. LOL
Old 02-18-2016, 11:57 AM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Not gonna lie, I think the 10 rib would light on fire. LOL.

But I do need to get off the forums today, and do some "real" work. LOL
Quick question before you leave. Whats the most powerful headunit you can fit on a c6 with all procharger parts (using your brackets and everything) is it still an f1r or can you do something else? Same with a c7/c7z?? Just wondering... Thanks
Old 02-18-2016, 12:00 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
Quick question before you leave. Whats the most powerful headunit you can fit on a c6 with all procharger parts (using your brackets and everything) is it still an f1r or can you do something else? Same with a c7/c7z?? Just wondering... Thanks
im pretty sure they have everything for the f1X setup.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:00 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
With our brackets... F-1X (for both the C6 and C7)
Fits under stock hood, etc.

Though again, the fastest supercharged C6 runs the smaller F-1A-94
Just depends on your set up, and what your trying to do.

And I'm OUT!
Old 02-19-2016, 05:30 AM
c5mtl
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

I think you would be surprised if you knew how many of those blowers break as well.

You just don't hear about it, since...

Not many people run their blowers in heads up racing. (maybe 3-4 people)

Their racers are not allowed to talk about "breakage" due to "testing contract" they have. (again such a limited number of people)

There is a reason their two main sponsored racers, now run our blowers. ~~ Food for thought.
I tend to think I'm one of those guys that pushes his parts...8.8@157 at 3650lbs race weight is not your average forum 700hp car .....at the end of the day I'm trying to go faster and after reading and digesting your comments an f1x mite be a real option....can I contact you for some direction?pm me please
Old 02-19-2016, 09:50 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by c5mtl
I tend to think I'm one of those guys that pushes his parts...8.8@157 at 3650lbs race weight is not your average forum 700hp car .....at the end of the day I'm trying to go faster and after reading and digesting your comments an f1x mite be a real option....can I contact you for some direction?pm me please
I would say a better person to talk to would be someone that is building high HP combos with our F-1X and F-1A-94s Such as Advanced Modern Performance, Florida Speed and Power, or Race Proven Motorsports. These guys have built similar combos to yours, and talk about details better then I can.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:42 PM
Yasei
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why do different F-1X units have different rpm limits? I've seen F-1X id plates that state 72k, 68k and 65k...
Old 02-28-2016, 09:24 AM
booztd3
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was thinking of switching to a f series this year ,but the 2200r has been so damn reliable over spinning it 5-7k rpms Im just going to leave it.I just added a NX kit to make up the difference anyhow
Old 01-28-2017, 08:17 AM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

Just curious what very happened? Which head unit did you go with??

Get notified of new replies

To Any one have broke his F1X procharger? TT time?

Old 01-28-2017, 11:55 AM
LethalTT
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I had a F1C that was brand new and on dyno started making crazy loud noise. It was rubbing on volute! Sent it to procharger and they said they fixed it...nope got it back on dyno and it was doing same thing. Sent it back and got a bunch of slack this time saying that they don't offer warranty on F1 units and wanted me to pay for new impeller and it wasn't cheap. Well we had it all documented that the car never went anywhere but stayed on dyno and they finally replaced the impeller this took for ever. I got it back and because of the terrible customer service and back and forth like I was doing something wrong I sold the whole kit and have had amazing experience with my UPP TT kit. Absolute amazing customer service from CK and Josh. I hate these companies that treat you like you have done something wrong when their products have problems. Just have accountability and I might still have a PC product on my car. 1269/1301@22lbs with my UPP 6182R kit and now new T4 billet wheel BB 67 setup from UPP going on next week.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:42 PM
usmcpony
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by LethalTT
I had a F1C that was brand new and on dyno started making crazy loud noise. It was rubbing on volute! Sent it to procharger and they said they fixed it...nope got it back on dyno and it was doing same thing. Sent it back and got a bunch of slack this time saying that they don't offer warranty on F1 units and wanted me to pay for new impeller and it wasn't cheap. Well we had it all documented that the car never went anywhere but stayed on dyno and they finally replaced the impeller this took for ever. I got it back and because of the terrible customer service and back and forth like I was doing something wrong I sold the whole kit and have had amazing experience with my UPP TT kit. Absolute amazing customer service from CK and Josh. I hate these companies that treat you like you have done something wrong when their products have problems. Just have accountability and I might still have a PC product on my car. 1269/1301@22lbs with my UPP 6182R kit and now new T4 billet wheel BB 67 setup from UPP going on next week.
Did you go with the engine mounted or the fender mounted kit? Any pictures?
Old 01-31-2017, 02:28 PM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by helga203
Just curious what very happened? Which head unit did you go with??

Sorry, it has been a tough year,,,
did not fully try the new F1X unit that provided to us,,, block and PG are the same and will be re-used.

right now we are enforcing the roll cage welded points with body/chassis, installed a chute,,, redoing all car electricity and installing Holley dominator ECU along with new intercooler (A2A from shearer).

We are at final stages to finish it, hopefully 2 weeks from now we will have 1st engine start.

Quick Reply: Any one have broke his F1X procharger? TT time?