C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catch can needed on a TVS2300 LS3?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 09:33 AM
nmalik3000
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Catch can needed on a TVS2300 LS3?

Hi guys, I have a c6 z51 ls3 (stock motor) supercharged with a maggy tvs2300, mild blower cam, american racing headers, and methanol injection making approx 700rwhp. Everything was installed and tuned by ECS.

I see alot of the centri guys running catch cans. Should I put one on my setup with the tvs2300?

Thanks as always
Old 04-23-2015, 09:51 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

I don't think it would hurt. If anything a blower car needs one more than an N/A car because of increased blow-by. The LS3 does tend to breathe a lot of oil vapor from both the valley cover and either of the valve covers. I've seen an ounce or so of oil in the bottom of my Elite catch can after a few hundred miles.
I just installed a Magnuson Heartbeat blower myself and was fretting about whether I could reinstall the catch can. In the end, I moved it over to the drivers side and flipped the bracket around in the can, re clocked the hose nipples and used all of the standard hardware, spacer, etc to screw it into an existing threaded hole on the side of the cylinder head. Easy Peary. I moved the vacuum intake hose to the rear of the valve cover of that head and used the vacuum port nipple on the snout of the blower that would normally be connected to the valley cover as the vacuum supply to the can and then capped both the nipple on the valley cover and the one on the passenger side valve cover, as well as the vacuum port on the intake hose that one of those would be connected to. Seems to be working okay.
Oil in the intake tract might not seem to be a big deal, but too much will effectively lower the detonation resistance (octane) of your air/fuel mixture and promote detonation, which is something you definitely want to avoid with a boosted motor.
Here's a pic of my catch can install. Sorry it's not clearer, but I kind of like the stealthy look:
Attached Images  
Old 04-24-2015, 01:53 AM
Blk 08 C6
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

check out Mighty Mouse draft can.

Get notified of new replies

To Catch can needed on a TVS2300 LS3?

Quick Reply: Catch can needed on a TVS2300 LS3?