C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW Heat Shields for Your Hinson Motorsports Engine Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 10:59 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Location: Birmingham, AL www.hinsonsupercars.com 205-909-9402
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Default NEW Heat Shields for Your Hinson Motorsports Engine Mounts

NEW PRODUCT ALERT

HINSON Motorsports now has heat shields available for our C5 & C6 performance urethane engine mounts. The heat shields are designed from the best materials in the business. The heat shields work with both engine mount heights that we offer, and are designed to prolong the life of the mounts that will be exposed to extreme heat caused by racing conditions. Already have our mounts installed? No problem. These heat shields will install easily, no matter if your mounts are already in the car, or your just now getting ready to install them. It's as simple as wrapping the shield around the mount. Click the links below for pricing and availability.

*THESE WILL WORK WITH YOUR EXISTING HINSON ENGINE MOUNTS, EVEN IF THEY ARE ALREADY INSTALLED

Click Here for Price & Purchasing

Old 12-20-2015, 08:49 PM
Rich Z
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HinsonSuperCars
NEW PRODUCT ALERT

HINSON Motorsports now has heat shields available for our C5 & C6 performance urethane engine mounts. The heat shields are designed from the best materials in the business. The heat shields work with both engine mount heights that we offer, and are designed to prolong the life of the mounts that will be exposed to extreme heat caused by racing conditions. Already have our mounts installed? No problem. These heat shields will install easily, no matter if your mounts are already in the car, or your just now getting ready to install them. It's as simple as wrapping the shield around the mount. Click the links below for pricing and availability.

*THESE WILL WORK WITH YOUR EXISTING HINSON ENGINE MOUNTS, EVEN IF THEY ARE ALREADY INSTALLED
These shields look like they are black colored in the pics. Is that so?
Old 12-21-2015, 10:22 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

No, they are silver.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:19 PM
Rich Z
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

No, they are silver.
Ah, OK, thanks.

Now, are you running any specials on this and the engine mounts for Christmas/end of year? It's also possible I may order a set of headers from you, if my question in the other thread pans out well.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:37 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Rich Z
Ah, OK, thanks.

Now, are you running any specials on this and the engine mounts for Christmas/end of year? It's also possible I may order a set of headers from you, if my question in the other thread pans out well.
We are not at this time, sorry.
Old 12-21-2015, 07:13 PM
Rich Z
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

We are not at this time, sorry.
OK, no prob. I just found out about the funky Pdaft motor mount on my car, and I'm going to change both of them out the same time I do a clutch install. No hurry, so I'll just keep my eyes peeled for a suitable replacement till it comes time to where I need to make the purchase. I'm going to try to catch what I can on sale where ever I can. Already spent way too much money on that car......
Old 12-23-2015, 10:17 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

OK, no prob. I just found out about the funky Pdaft motor mount on my car, and I'm going to change both of them out the same time I do a clutch install. No hurry, so I'll just keep my eyes peeled for a suitable replacement till it comes time to where I need to make the purchase. I'm going to try to catch what I can on sale where ever I can. Already spent way too much money on that car......
I know that feeling. We will look forward to working with you when the time comes.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:30 PM
Rich Z
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I know that feeling. We will look forward to working with you when the time comes.
Well, I decided to order the motor mounts and heat shields from you, and when I did I got an email acknowledgment stating the following:

FOR RACING PURPOSES ONLY. These competition parts are sold "as is" and without warranty of any kind. Purchaser acknowledges that the installation of these parts will cause his/her vehicle to be unable to be lawfully used on public highways and assumes all risks and expenses thereof. Buyer recognizes that motor racing is a dangerous sport and that participants therein incur and assume the risk of bodily injury, death, or property damage.
You are not guaranteeing those motor mounts nor the heat shields???

Sorry, but not just no, but HELL NO! I acknowledge no such thing. If you are not going to guarantee your products, then you are not getting my business. Please cancel the order and send refund my PayPal payment. I do not want to deal with any business that will not stand behind what they sell.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:41 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Pretty sure that's a disclaimer for legal reasons. Never had a problem with Hinson and I'm sure they would stand behind what they sell
Old 12-29-2015, 06:30 PM
Rich Z
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Pretty sure that's a disclaimer for legal reasons. Never had a problem with Hinson and I'm sure they would stand behind what they sell
Maybe. But that "disclaimer" clearly states maybe not.
Old 12-29-2015, 06:54 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Well, I decided to order the motor mounts and heat shields from you, and when I did I got an email acknowledgment stating the following:

You are not guaranteeing those motor mounts nor the heat shields???

Sorry, but not just no, but HELL NO! I acknowledge no such thing. If you are not going to guarantee your products, then you are not getting my business. Please cancel the order and send refund my PayPal payment. I do not want to deal with any business that will not stand behind what they sell.
Thats every aftermarket part in existence pretty much. Better keep the car bone stock if you don't want to deal with that.

Just ordered a set and some of the ARP header bolts.

Last edited by Unreal; 12-29-2015 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:19 PM
Rich Z
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Unreal
Thats every aftermarket part in existence pretty much. Better keep the car bone stock if you don't want to deal with that.

Just ordered a set and some of the ARP header bolts.
My C5Z is far FAR from stock, and I do not recall anyone I have ever ordered aftermarket parts from (and trust me, I have bought my fair share) claiming that my merchandise is "as is" without any warranty whatsoever. Had I, my response would be the same as it is here.

So if you don't mind, please show me other sellers that provide such a statement on their sales invoice. I certainly have not seen it, but perhaps you deal with sellers outside my own experience. I am quite willing to accept that I am wrong about this being outside of what is expected in a normal retail purchase. Maybe the fine print was too fine for me to notice and read....
Old 12-29-2015, 07:21 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

That is just about every seller I've ever purchased stuff from. If you read the manual or look at their website. 99.9% of aftermarket stuff is off road use only no warranty.

Hinson is a wonderful company and stands behind their stuff.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:42 PM
Rich Z
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

That is just about every seller I've ever purchased stuff from. If you read the manual or look at their website. 99.9% of aftermarket stuff is off road use only no warranty.
Been there, done that, at least concerning websites and invoices. Not sure about manuals, but I cannot ever recall even a manual on any part saying that the product has absolutely NO warranty and is being sold "as is". Maybe something used coming off of fleabay or something, but certainly not a retail purchase from the retailer's AND manufacturer's own website.

Hinson is a wonderful company and stands behind their stuff.
Not saying that they aren't. I'm just saying that I want the merchandise I buy from them to be reasonably warrantied and the invoice not stating in black and white that they will not be.

If the first day I take the car out for a mild test drive one of the mounts separates they can just tell me "Sorry Charlie, see the disclaimer." I doubt they would, but excuse me, I ran out of "trust" buying things a long time ago. Haven't you ever talked with attorneys before? Do you know what the phrase "in writing" means concerning legal obligations?

That's all I want. I want "in writing" that they will stand behind their products, not some disclaimer basically saying that they absolutely will NOT do that under any circumstances.

If they cannot provide that, then I just do not need to buy from them. It's just that simple.

If YOU want to be more trusting than I am, by all means, have at it. I hope it serves you well.

Last edited by Rich Z; 12-29-2015 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:40 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

We stand behind our products and have warrantied items where needed over the years. If there is a faulty product, we put the customer's best interest first. Put simply, we live by the “golden rule.”

Our disclaimer is standard in the automotive racing parts industry. Parts break in racing situations, and we cannot guarantee all parts compatibility.

We appreciate the opportunity to work with you. Per your emailed request, the order was cancelled and refunded.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:53 AM
Rich Z
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

We stand behind our products and have warrantied items where needed over the years. If there is a faulty product, we put the customer's best interest first. Put simply, we live by the “golden rule.”

Our disclaimer is standard in the automotive racing parts industry. Parts break in racing situations, and we cannot guarantee all parts compatibility.

We appreciate the opportunity to work with you. Per your emailed request, the order was cancelled and refunded.
I am sorry it worked out this way, but the reason you lost me as a customer is because the invoice I got when I placed my order directly contradicts what you are stating here and what is shown on your own website concerning warranty and guarantees. Sorry, but both cannot be true, and you force your customers to choose which one to believe upon receipt of the invoice.

And no, you are not being accurate about such a disclaimer being standard in the industry. I have a stack of invoices from other companies in this very same industry that directly contradict that claim as well.

But thank you for the prompt refund.

Get notified of new replies

To NEW Heat Shields for Your Hinson Motorsports Engine Mounts

Quick Reply: NEW Heat Shields for Your Hinson Motorsports Engine Mounts