Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous
Reload this Page >

D3PE PROSPEED Dual Spal Fan Shroud Kit with PWM Speed Control!

C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D3PE PROSPEED Dual Spal Fan Shroud Kit with PWM Speed Control!

 
Old 09-19-2017, 01:52 AM
  #101  
1dmurray
Junior Member
 
1dmurray's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 14
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by greatgonzer View Post
Ok, I got my D3 fans installed

Installation experience....not an easy task. What should have been a straight forward install actually became quite frustrating, lol. First off , I have an ECS supercharger kit. I'm mentioning this because that is very relevant to my story. With the ECS kit the radiator sits tilted up top back towards the engine bay so that the intake can clear the radiator.
- Old fan was simple to remove from underneath the car. Two bolts + disconnect and out it came.
-New fan slipped right in, oh wait, not quite. The top fan would not clear the radiator hard pipe that sits right below the supercharger. I had to take fan back out and re-clock the supercharger clamps such that the hard pipe could be pushed lower.
****This whole install would be much easier if the fans were reversed. I mean the one that sits lower, were to sit higher and the one that sits higher (sits lower). In other words If D3 would make the left fan the higher one, and the right fan the lower one, that would make install with a Novi/vortech supercharger much easier.
-Second problem: The shroud would not fit correctly, I had to cut the far left side and bend it up just a bit to fit properly.
-Last major problem: With the thicker new D3 fans, the relocation kit for the oil cooler no longer fits between the strut bar and the fans...ugh!!! I had to go to the hardware store, purchase some angle iron, and fabricate new oil cooler brackets such that the oil cooler was at a different angle, allowing it to fit the new fan setup.

Ok, now for the money shot...Was is all worth it?
Before this fan setup, with AC on driving in 100+ degree temps, my car was running at 240+ degree temperatures.
With the new D3 fan setup, my car now runs a consistent 207degrees with AC on. In stop and go traffic, the highest that I've hit is 214 degrees! That is quite a huge difference from before and after.

So....was all the headache and pain worth it? Hell yeah!!!!!

One other thing of note, I did cut my front support bumper by a good two inches to allow more air flow. I am sure that this helped as well. But regardless, these fans do the job that I need them to do, and all with a stock radiator!




Sorry to revive an old thread. I am looking into to this fan set up for my ECS supercharged Base C6 (no trans cooler). I added the Z06 oil cooler, so it looks like I will have to fab new brackets as well. Can you elaborate on what you meant by reclocking the supercharger clamps? Also, do you have any pix of your install, and where you hooked up power and ground in particular. Thanks.
1dmurray is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 1dmurray For This Useful Post:
greatgonzer (02-19-2018)
Old 10-01-2017, 06:51 PM
  #102  
Z06Qazi
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 110
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default

I installed these on my car last month, been driving the car around in alot of traffic and heat, still on stock radiator . Before sitting in traffic I would go up to 245 ! Now i havent seen past 210* with A/C full blast. . The voltage does fluctuate alot once the fans turn on i see 13.5 to 15.0 - then again i also have twin pumps etc... still a great investment. thanks D3.
Z06Qazi is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Z06Qazi For This Useful Post:
0D3PE (02-28-2018)
Old 10-01-2017, 06:52 PM
  #103  
Z06Qazi
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 110
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 1dmurray View Post
Sorry to revive an old thread. I am looking into to this fan set up for my ECS supercharged Base C6 (no trans cooler). I added the Z06 oil cooler, so it looks like I will have to fab new brackets as well. Can you elaborate on what you meant by reclocking the supercharger clamps? Also, do you have any pix of your install, and where you hooked up power and ground in particular. Thanks.
Power Goes right to the Fuse box block - and ground cable get connected to the ground cables that are coming from the fuse box.
Z06Qazi is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Z06Qazi For This Useful Post:
1dmurray (10-05-2017), 0D3PE (02-28-2018)
Old 11-10-2017, 09:56 PM
  #104  
02FireHawk555
CF Member
 
02FireHawk555's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2008
Location: Edgewood MD
Posts: 58
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Just got this installed and just wanted to let everyone know how to install this with a C6 Z51 car with an A&A kit that has had a full size dewitts radiator put on that has the oil cooler inside the radiator.

My installer noticed that with this radiator that it sits too high on the radiator so he made new brackets to lower the shroud down until it was flush with the top of the radiator. He also cut away some of the rubber in the radiator support to lower the radiator down. This was enough to make the fans fit with the V3-ti vortech blower.

Before I installed the fan my temps would easily get above 230+ without the A/C on and it was worse with it on. It's too cold here right now to tell how well it works for me because the highest I could get the car to is 196. I will update in the spring on how it works for me.
02FireHawk555 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 02FireHawk555 For This Useful Post:
0D3PE (02-28-2018)
Old 11-12-2017, 07:35 AM
  #105  
EnginerdVT
CF Senior Member
 
EnginerdVT's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,139
Thanked 28 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 02FireHawk555 View Post
Just got this installed and just wanted to let everyone know how to install this with a C6 Z51 car with an A&A kit that has had a full size dewitts radiator put on that has the oil cooler inside the radiator.

My installer noticed that with this radiator that it sits too high on the radiator so he made new brackets to lower the shroud down until it was flush with the top of the radiator. He also cut away some of the rubber in the radiator support to lower the radiator down. This was enough to make the fans fit with the V3-ti vortech blower.

Before I installed the fan my temps would easily get above 230+ without the A/C on and it was worse with it on. It's too cold here right now to tell how well it works for me because the highest I could get the car to is 196. I will update in the spring on how it works for me.
I spoke to Rob about your car and the install. I've been in the same boat for a while, trying to decide whether I want to try and install it on my blower car or not. As soon as you get some real results in the spring/summer, I may go off and do it. I wish I had known he was installing it so I could have gone up to take some measurements. Glad it end up fitting!
EnginerdVT is online now  
Old 11-23-2017, 07:53 AM
  #106  
speedz06
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: Miller Place NY
Posts: 1,105
Thanked 33 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Z06Qazi View Post
Power Goes right to the Fuse box block - and ground cable get connected to the ground cables that are coming from the fuse box.
I'm also in NY and NYC as a daily driver. I learned the hard way that the shroud needs total sealing to work as intended. Are you running oem radiator?
speedz06 is offline  
Old 02-16-2018, 04:20 PM
  #107  
0D3PE
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Aug 2014
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 603
Thanked 31 Times in 28 Posts
Default

D3PE is offline  
Old 02-26-2018, 05:57 PM
  #108  
ILLUSHN
CF Senior Member
 
ILLUSHN's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2006
Location: L.A. aka TooDamnManyPeopleville Ca.
Posts: 4,748
Thanked 30 Times in 25 Posts
Default

How noisy is this fan set-up? I've got my stock fan turned up to run almost full time (stock radiator) and the jet engine noise is kinda driving me crazy!
ILLUSHN is online now  
Old 02-26-2018, 07:04 PM
  #109  
0D3PE
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Aug 2014
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 603
Thanked 31 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ILLUSHN View Post
How noisy is this fan set-up? I've got my stock fan turned up to run almost full time (stock radiator) and the jet engine noise is kinda driving me crazy!
Since we are increasing airflow there is an increase of noise with our system.

Just open the valves on your mufflers!!
D3PE is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: D3PE PROSPEED Dual Spal Fan Shroud Kit with PWM Speed Control!


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: