C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D3PE PROSPEED Dual Spal Fan Shroud Kit with PWM Speed Control!

Old 09-19-2017, 01:52 AM
1dmurray
Cruising

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by greatgonzer
Ok, I got my D3 fans installed

Installation experience....not an easy task. What should have been a straight forward install actually became quite frustrating, lol. First off , I have an ECS supercharger kit. I'm mentioning this because that is very relevant to my story. With the ECS kit the radiator sits tilted up top back towards the engine bay so that the intake can clear the radiator.
- Old fan was simple to remove from underneath the car. Two bolts + disconnect and out it came.
-New fan slipped right in, oh wait, not quite. The top fan would not clear the radiator hard pipe that sits right below the supercharger. I had to take fan back out and re-clock the supercharger clamps such that the hard pipe could be pushed lower.
****This whole install would be much easier if the fans were reversed. I mean the one that sits lower, were to sit higher and the one that sits higher (sits lower). In other words If D3 would make the left fan the higher one, and the right fan the lower one, that would make install with a Novi/vortech supercharger much easier.
-Second problem: The shroud would not fit correctly, I had to cut the far left side and bend it up just a bit to fit properly.
-Last major problem: With the thicker new D3 fans, the relocation kit for the oil cooler no longer fits between the strut bar and the fans...ugh!!! I had to go to the hardware store, purchase some angle iron, and fabricate new oil cooler brackets such that the oil cooler was at a different angle, allowing it to fit the new fan setup.

Ok, now for the money shot...Was is all worth it?
Before this fan setup, with AC on driving in 100+ degree temps, my car was running at 240+ degree temperatures.
With the new D3 fan setup, my car now runs a consistent 207degrees with AC on. In stop and go traffic, the highest that I've hit is 214 degrees! That is quite a huge difference from before and after.

So....was all the headache and pain worth it? Hell yeah!!!!!

One other thing of note, I did cut my front support bumper by a good two inches to allow more air flow. I am sure that this helped as well. But regardless, these fans do the job that I need them to do, and all with a stock radiator!

Sorry to revive an old thread. I am looking into to this fan set up for my ECS supercharged Base C6 (no trans cooler). I added the Z06 oil cooler, so it looks like I will have to fab new brackets as well. Can you elaborate on what you meant by reclocking the supercharger clamps? Also, do you have any pix of your install, and where you hooked up power and ground in particular. Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
greatgonzer (02-19-2018)
Old 10-01-2017, 06:51 PM
Z06Qazi
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I installed these on my car last month, been driving the car around in alot of traffic and heat, still on stock radiator . Before sitting in traffic I would go up to 245 ! Now i havent seen past 210* with A/C full blast. . The voltage does fluctuate alot once the fans turn on i see 13.5 to 15.0 - then again i also have twin pumps etc... still a great investment. thanks D3.
D3PE (02-28-2018)
Old 10-01-2017, 06:52 PM
Z06Qazi
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 1dmurray
Sorry to revive an old thread. I am looking into to this fan set up for my ECS supercharged Base C6 (no trans cooler). I added the Z06 oil cooler, so it looks like I will have to fab new brackets as well. Can you elaborate on what you meant by reclocking the supercharger clamps? Also, do you have any pix of your install, and where you hooked up power and ground in particular. Thanks.
Power Goes right to the Fuse box block - and ground cable get connected to the ground cables that are coming from the fuse box.
The following 2 users liked this post by Z06Qazi:
1dmurray (10-05-2017), D3PE (02-28-2018)
Old 11-10-2017, 09:56 PM
02FireHawk555
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just got this installed and just wanted to let everyone know how to install this with a C6 Z51 car with an A&A kit that has had a full size dewitts radiator put on that has the oil cooler inside the radiator.

My installer noticed that with this radiator that it sits too high on the radiator so he made new brackets to lower the shroud down until it was flush with the top of the radiator. He also cut away some of the rubber in the radiator support to lower the radiator down. This was enough to make the fans fit with the V3-ti vortech blower.

Before I installed the fan my temps would easily get above 230+ without the A/C on and it was worse with it on. It's too cold here right now to tell how well it works for me because the highest I could get the car to is 196. I will update in the spring on how it works for me.
D3PE (02-28-2018)
Old 11-12-2017, 07:35 AM
EnginerdVT
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by 02FireHawk555
Just got this installed and just wanted to let everyone know how to install this with a C6 Z51 car with an A&A kit that has had a full size dewitts radiator put on that has the oil cooler inside the radiator.

My installer noticed that with this radiator that it sits too high on the radiator so he made new brackets to lower the shroud down until it was flush with the top of the radiator. He also cut away some of the rubber in the radiator support to lower the radiator down. This was enough to make the fans fit with the V3-ti vortech blower.

Before I installed the fan my temps would easily get above 230+ without the A/C on and it was worse with it on. It's too cold here right now to tell how well it works for me because the highest I could get the car to is 196. I will update in the spring on how it works for me.
I spoke to Rob about your car and the install. I've been in the same boat for a while, trying to decide whether I want to try and install it on my blower car or not. As soon as you get some real results in the spring/summer, I may go off and do it. I wish I had known he was installing it so I could have gone up to take some measurements. Glad it end up fitting!
Old 11-23-2017, 07:53 AM
speedz06
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Qazi
Power Goes right to the Fuse box block - and ground cable get connected to the ground cables that are coming from the fuse box.
I'm also in NY and NYC as a daily driver. I learned the hard way that the shroud needs total sealing to work as intended. Are you running oem radiator?
Old 02-16-2018, 04:20 PM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Old 02-26-2018, 05:57 PM
ILLUSHN
Safety Car

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

How noisy is this fan set-up? I've got my stock fan turned up to run almost full time (stock radiator) and the jet engine noise is kinda driving me crazy!
Old 02-26-2018, 07:04 PM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by ILLUSHN
How noisy is this fan set-up? I've got my stock fan turned up to run almost full time (stock radiator) and the jet engine noise is kinda driving me crazy!
Since we are increasing airflow there is an increase of noise with our system.

Just open the valves on your mufflers!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: D3PE PROSPEED Dual Spal Fan Shroud Kit with PWM Speed Control!