C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who regretted their E-Force, Maggie or Whipple?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 03:29 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

Default Who regretted their E-Force, Maggie or Whipple?

Why did you regret it?
Old 07-16-2015, 03:56 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Location: The only state to ever kick another country's ass! TEXAS
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I regretted all 3. I did it before I actually sent the check though. Lol! Corvette's should have centri's. Enough bottom end to blow the tires off. More top end potential. Less heat soak issues. More available options. Jmo. I know it probably doesn't help you but maybe it will.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:24 PM
Tech
Safety Car

You installed 3 of them and regretted them all? I'm not interested in a centri and this isn't a centri versus pd blower discussion. There are plenty of those already.

I only care if you had one of the aforementioned blowers and why you may have regretted the choice.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:31 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Nevermind. I see you're planning your *first* FI setup here...

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...dly-fi-c6.html
Old 07-16-2015, 05:56 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Was just throwing out an opinion. If you noticed I said I regretted all 3 before I sent the check. I haven't had any of them. Sorry if my humor was unappreciated. Not planning my first. It's together.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:04 PM
JohnStuttle
Do Not Quench The Spirit
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13,'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Well I am looking forward to my Eforce. Just now installing it so time will tell. I am coming off a A&A kit so I will have "real world experience".

Look for post soon on numbers and opinions.................
Old 07-16-2015, 06:26 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Originally Posted by JohnStuttle
Well I am looking forward to my Eforce. Just now installing it so time will tell. I am coming off a A&A kit so I will have "real world experience".

Old 07-16-2015, 06:30 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

If you don't mind, what made you switch?
Old 07-16-2015, 07:50 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I went from an Eforce to a centri, so have experienced both. I don't regret the eforce (or the centri) at all. Car was a blast to drive and I never had issues with it.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:43 PM
JohnStuttle
Do Not Quench The Spirit
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13,'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Xtremespeed
If you don't mind, what made you switch?
I didn't like the sound the V3 made
Old 07-16-2015, 10:00 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

I didn't like the sound the V3 made
Very interesting. Different strokes I guess. Hope you like the Eforce better. Should be a fun car either way.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:28 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Tech
I'm not interested in a centri
Just curious as to why???
Old 07-16-2015, 11:34 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Unlike the majority of people on here, I've installed, tuned, and lived with both types of systems on the C6s I've owned. I find it a little funny that people can make comments like the above one (i.e. regretting it "before I wrote the check") without having real first hand experience.

I installed an A&A T-trim based system on my first C6. I installed a Magnuson Heartbeat on my 2nd one. Did I regret buying the Magnuson? Not at all. Install was much cleaner than my A&A system, and it's been as trouble-free as can be. IATs have been very good, and it made more than respectable power the one time I had it on the dyno with the bigger pulley (~6 psi on dyno) and 91 octane crap gas.

I'm really happy with the overall experience with the Heartbeat. I prefer the flat torque curve and linear power delivery. Made peak power right at redline (6500) with the stock cam, so there's no power drop-off. It's not going to make much over 700 rwhp due to the pulley limitations on the C6, but I'm fine with that. It's a great blower for that power range.

If the Heartbeat hadn't been around when I was ready to buy a system for this car, I likely wouldn't have bought a PD blower. I'm not a big fan of the E-Force, and really didn't want to change the hood for a Whipple. Plus, they don't seem too interested in support for Corvette applications.

A lot of what you hear constantly regurgutated on the forums about PD blowers is old info that isn't all that accurate today. That's just based on my personal experiences, of course.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:08 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I have also installed, tuned and lived with both types. Both can give you more power than the average driver can safely use on the street. If into racing, and want to grow later, centri is the right choice. If just for a fun street car, either will do the job and keep you smiling.

Keep in mind that although these forums are great, and full of great advice, for some reason most posters seem to like to say that what they have is the best, even if they have not experienced anything else. Think about what you want to do with the car, now and in the future. That can help you make the right decision...........for you!!
Old 07-17-2015, 08:20 AM
greatgonzer
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I currently have an ECS Novi 1500 supercharger on my Z06 LS7. My good buddy in his Camaro has a Magi. He's making more power than me, but I smoke him every time. The Magi puts down instant torque, that roasts his tires immediately. He really does not like the maggie. even with street "slicks" he is ice skating on the roadways. Once he's moving it is a wonderful supercharger, but from a dig he loses to 370z's. He eventually sold the kit and is now looking into the ECS Novi kit like I have on my Vette.

I know that you are not interested in the ECS, but things to consider:
1. When you launch, the ECS has not built up boost so you are basically stock 427 motor/Torque/HP which gives you fantastic launches,
2. Boost builds fantastically quick when you are already moving so you roast you tires less and are able to get more power to the ground than the maggie (from a dig)
3. It puts a smile on my face all day long
4. it is super street-able and very tame normal driving experience.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:42 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by greatgonzer
I currently have an ECS Novi 1500 supercharger on my Z06 LS7. My good buddy in his Camaro has a Magi. He's making more power than me, but I smoke him every time. The Magi puts down instant torque, that roasts his tires immediately. He really does not like the maggie. even with street "slicks" he is ice skating on the roadways. Once he's moving it is a wonderful supercharger, but from a dig he loses to 370z's. He eventually sold the kit and is now looking into the ECS Novi kit like I have on my Vette.

I know that you are not interested in the ECS, but things to consider:
1. When you launch, the ECS has not built up boost so you are basically stock 427 motor/Torque/HP which gives you fantastic launches,
2. Boost builds fantastically quick when you are already moving so you roast you tires less and are able to get more power to the ground than the maggie (from a dig)
3. It puts a smile on my face all day long
4. it is super street-able and very tame normal driving experience.

My thoughts exactly. I'm at around 4-6psi down low and at 11.9psi up top. Only con I've heard people say about the centri, and I've experienced it, is that you can nail the throttle and have traction and then all of a sudden at higher RPMs the tires just rip because of the extreme gain of power. I personally don't mind this and I'm used to the throttle application to keep the tires happy.

Just to give the OP an idea of how the power ramps on a conservative ECS setup (kit, meth, headers) I plotted out my power numbers. A curve tells you one thing but actually looking at the numbers sometimes gives a better idea...

Below 3500rpms for most normal driving it has a lot of kick but it's controllable. Start hitting 4000rpms plus and the power exponentially starts building on hard and fast...

HORSEPOWER
RPM // HP Curve (Mustang dyno so therefore numbers will be higher on dnojet)
2750 // 210
3000 // 240 (+30)
3500 // 310 (+70)
4000 // 395 (+85)
4500 // 480 (+85)
5000 // 560 (+80)
5500 // 610 (+50)
6000 // 640 (+30)
6250 // 635 (-5)
Old 07-17-2015, 08:43 AM
Whoop
Racer

Received 124 Likes on 85 Posts

No experience with the others either but like you my Eforce was installed this week by 21st Century. Picking it up today and can't wait.

Get notified of new replies

To Who regretted their E-Force, Maggie or Whipple?

Old 07-17-2015, 09:03 AM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Unlike the majority of people on here, I've installed, tuned, and lived with both types of systems on the C6s I've owned. I find it a little funny that people can make comments like the above one (i.e. regretting it "before I wrote the check") without having real first hand experience.
I already said it was a joke. My own opinion, which I admit is irrelevant, is that a centri is a better choice. The comment about regretting the pd's was just for fun. Sad that I upset so many just trying to add a little humor. I did however think the op might benefit from my thoughts on why I prefer a centri. Apparently he's not looking for that info, so I defer to those of you that can provide info from their actual experience. Again, it was all in good fun.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:23 AM
Tech
Safety Car

I'd appreciate it if the centri fanbois with no actual experience with pd blowers would find a new thread to hijack. This is not a centri thread, as I've already made that clear.

If a mod could remove all of the centri posts, it would be appreciated.

Last edited by Tech; 07-17-2015 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:38 AM
SquatchMachining
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Of the 3, Whipple would be my #1 choice. Their product is just better.
Second choice would be the Magnacharger.

I wouldn't touch the E-Force. They concentrated to much on packaging that blower than they did on performance. It needs a bigger heat exchanger and longer runners. Basically everything that the magnacharger has...

Quick Reply: Who regretted their E-Force, Maggie or Whipple?