C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tpms and questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 11:41 PM
DBTurMOMtuchesME
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tpms and questions

I have a new weld rts s77 setup I'm going to be installing in the next week with my turbos. Is there a way to get around not running Tpms with out any light?

If not does anyone know the best place to get them or have a set they want to sell.

The car is a 2012 grandsport.

Also I went with a 17x11 setup for the rear with m&h 325/45/17.
And 18x8 fronts. What size tire do I need for the front to keep the system happy.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:22 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

LG sells a TPMS delete box.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:56 AM
JetstreamGS
Drifting

Received 174 Likes on 148 Posts

Are tpms compatible with the rts wheels? I vaguely recall reading about having to be mounted differently?
Old 08-30-2015, 03:14 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I use them in my welds. Mounted upside down they work fine.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:49 PM
DBTurMOMtuchesME
Instructor

Unreal do you have any experience with the LG box? Or would it be better to just run tpms?

About the tires if I go with a 2xx/35/18 tire in the front it will put the diameter 1.58 inches larger in the rear. If I I go with the 2xx/40/18 it would put the rear at .87 inch bigger so it doesn't meet the 1.04 inch required spec. Is 1.58 to much of a difference or will it be ok?
Old 08-30-2015, 04:41 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

The tire difference spec will throw all sorts of AH warnings/etc. Better to keep them close together. I would run a 40 for sure.

No personal experience with LG box.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:09 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by DBTurMOMtuchesME
Unreal do you have any experience with the LG box? Or would it be better to just run tpms?

About the tires if I go with a 2xx/35/18 tire in the front it will put the diameter 1.58 inches larger in the rear. If I I go with the 2xx/40/18 it would put the rear at .87 inch bigger so it doesn't meet the 1.04 inch required spec. Is 1.58 to much of a difference or will it be ok?

Running the same rears and 18 x 7 in front. I will get back to this a bit later with the size and height.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:34 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

I have run various tire combos with from 1 to 1.5 inch difference, front to back and had no issues.

With the M&H in the rear I am running 225/45/18 in front. They measure 25.9 inches. The M&H actually measure 27.2 on the car so the diff is 1.3 inches.
The biggest problem is trusting the size. M&H lists the tires at 28 inch, and that just isn't right.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:47 PM
DBTurMOMtuchesME
Instructor

I appreciate all the input guys.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:47 PM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Sure did spend a lot of money for not being able to pay me for my turbo kit that you starting selling off.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:27 PM
DBTurMOMtuchesME
Instructor

Originally Posted by Blackonblacksls
Sure did spend a lot of money for not being able to pay me for my turbo kit that you starting selling off.
Don't go posting stupid **** for public to read if your not going to put out the full story. You were paid then refunded after turbos leaked oil everywhere. Never cam and picked it up. later said I could use it to mock up a kit. Then said I could have it for what we negotiated and we haven't got together yet. I do have a new phone and lost contacts so I don't have your number but I haven't heard from you either. No need to be crazy and call me out on a forum.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:32 PM
DBTurMOMtuchesME
Instructor

And all I sold was the blown turbos after you said to keep the kit. No reason to be a *** I have never done anyone wrong intentionally. But you know damn good and week your kit wasn't worth what I paid when I had to add another $3500 worth of turbos to it. Plus have new inlets made. Plus all the other parts it was missing.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:12 AM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

And all I sold was the blown turbos after you said to keep the kit. No reason to be a *** I have never done anyone wrong intentionally. But you know damn good and week your kit wasn't worth what I paid when I had to add another $3500 worth of turbos to it. Plus have new inlets made. Plus all the other parts it was missing.

How many times did I text you and say I'll come by and pick it up? and you would have an excuse?

When I asked to pick up the turbos(to verify they leaked) you said you sold them..

Then when I said ok I'll cut you a better deal on the kit, you said you were broke.

I'm not really too worried about it.

Obviously you needed the money more than I did..

at least send me a thank you note or something for all the free **** you got..

But I'm not going to deal with it anymore.

If Anything else comes of the situation it will be either karma or legal troubles...
Old 08-31-2015, 01:57 AM
DBTurMOMtuchesME
Instructor

You know as well as I did we came to a agreement on the kit before I sold the turbos. You have my number so I don't understand why you haven't texted me or why your posting this online instead of calling me. I never said I was broke not one time. You said $3500 for the kit plus I had to spend another $3500 for turbos plus the extra $1800 I have in it now between the inlets and fuel system, all the nuts and bolts it was missing, gaskets, filters, plus everything else. All you had that was good was the exhaust, manifolds, and cold side piping. I said it wasn't worth it. That's when we started negotiating came to a agreement. Then you call me two weeks later asking if you could have the blown turbos which I already got rid of.

Are you kidding me? Why are you trying to make me look like a bad guy. And yes you called me two times once I was in LA and the other time I was at work. I think it's funny because we were talking about you the other day and I was just saying I wonder when your going to call me. I never knew it had came to this.

You never asked to pick up the turbos to verify they leaked either. You called two weeks after we agreed on a deal and said you had a buddy who wanted them. Is that not the truth? I have nothing to hide. I actually want to go a different route anyways (single turbo) so if you want the kit I will happily sell it to you for what I have in or I can keep the turbos and you just buy the inlets from me. Never once have I tried to screw you or anyone else.

Stop the lies. We can talk like men if you would like on the phone or in person. But you can stop with the drama stuff online. If you want to do this online why don't you screen shot your text and post them?
Old 08-31-2015, 02:25 AM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

You know as well as I did we came to a agreement on the kit before I sold the turbos. You have my number so I don't understand why you haven't texted me or why your posting this online instead of calling me. I never said I was broke not one time. You said $3500 for the kit plus I had to spend another $3500 for turbos plus the extra $1800 I have in it now between the inlets and fuel system, all the nuts and bolts it was missing, gaskets, filters, plus everything else. All you had that was good was the exhaust, manifolds, and cold side piping. I said it wasn't worth it. That's when we started negotiating came to a agreement. Then you call me two weeks later asking if you could have the blown turbos which I already got rid of.

Are you kidding me? Why are you trying to make me look like a bad guy. And yes you called me two times once I was in LA and the other time I was at work. I think it's funny because we were talking about you the other day and I was just saying I wonder when your going to call me. I never knew it had came to this.

You never asked to pick up the turbos to verify they leaked either. You called two weeks after we agreed on a deal and said you had a buddy who wanted them. Is that not the truth? I have nothing to hide. I actually want to go a different route anyways (single turbo) so if you want the kit I will happily sell it to you for what I have in or I can keep the turbos and you just buy the inlets from me. Never once have I tried to screw you or anyone else.

Stop the lies. We can talk like men if you would like on the phone or in person. But you can stop with the drama stuff online. If you want to do this online why don't you screen shot your text and post them?

You're trying to sell me a kit that you never even paid for??

What were the terms of this agreement that we made??

Tell us all that?
Old 08-31-2015, 02:33 AM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

I count 5 times I asked to go over??

And just so everyone is clear.
After inspecting the turbo kit.

We agreed on a price and you took it.

Then I refunded your money.

And you kept the kit.

Sold parts of it.

And I got absolutely nothing.

No money, no parts...

And if you read the messages your exact words were "really don't have the extra cash"
Old 08-31-2015, 02:36 AM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

Id be happy to take the kit back.

Plus money for whatever parts you no longer have that I originally gave you.

Get notified of new replies

To Tpms and questions

Old 08-31-2015, 02:57 AM
DBTurMOMtuchesME
Instructor

You can clearly see that you left out messages. The date jumps from July 7th to July 21. You can have the kit minus my turbos and fuel system. But as I stated I already paid to have inlets made because your where missing one so I had them both redone and you know that. Plus the price of the gaskets, nut and bolt, and everything else that was missing.

You can have the kit back but you are going to compensate me for all the work and money I have into it. You not going to sit here and scam me. I think you a lying POS. You are trying to manipulate the situation and make me look like a bad guy. Ya after I spent $20000 in a ****ing week my bank account took a little hit and honestly you told me one thing then 2 weeks later call wanting the kit back. You are retarded.

ONCE AGAIN YOU CAN CALL ME RIGHT NOW. I'M AWAKE OBVIOUSLY!
Or would you rather keep doing this stupid ****?
Old 08-31-2015, 07:40 AM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

But I Shouldn't be compensated for the kit that you took from me and paid nothing for????

I've talk to you on the phone several times, plus the texts.. You're obviously not going to pay for the parts you took from me.. So I don't really see the point in continuing to call and text. I just took it as a learning experience.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:42 AM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

And dude, you're the scammer and the bad guy in this situation.

I paid for those parts you have.

Then you took them from me and paid me nothing..

It's that simple..

Quick Reply: Tpms and questions