C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got lucky, and thanks to Dave Steck and Brian Tooley.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 12:04 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I'm sure you know this already realcanuk.. the maf calibration changes you're having to make are because the velocity is different due to the diameter of the tube, which is what MAF's really read (velocity, that is).. It's not really flowing 30% more air. It's just moving slower so at lower frequencies you're having to re-calibrate it so the ECM knows more air is actually coming in at that frequency than there used to be.

Is it capable of flowing 30% more air? Heck if I know.. possibly.. but I doubt you're after 1300+RWHP
Old 09-04-2015, 07:18 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Default Got lucky, and thanks to Dave Steck and Brian Tooley.

Originally Posted by schpenxel
I'm sure you know this already realcanuk.. the maf calibration changes you're having to make are because the velocity is different due to the diameter of the tube, which is what MAF's really read (velocity, that is).. It's not really flowing 30% more air. It's just moving slower so at lower frequencies you're having to re-calibrate it so the ECM knows more air is actually coming in at that frequency than there used to be.

Is it capable of flowing 30% more air? Heck if I know.. possibly.. but I doubt you're after 1300+RWHP
Yes. Well put. I meant 30% more at the same frequency, which explains the range being extended.
I didn't even think about more power when doing this. It won't be back on a dyno for a while unless needed for some reason.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:30 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Yes. Well put. I meant 30% more at the same frequency, which explains the range being extended.
I didn't even think about more power when doing this. It won't be back on a dyno for a while unless needed for some reason.
It looks really good though. I always wondered why the A&A kits came with a smaller intake tube.. but it obviously worked for you at 1000rwhp, so that is probably my answer
Old 09-04-2015, 08:57 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by schpenxel
It looks really good though. I always wondered why the A&A kits came with a smaller intake tube.. but it obviously worked for you at 1000rwhp, so that is probably my answer
I guess its because the 3 1/2 works fine. The IC outlet is 3 1/2 and the throttle body is in between the 2. I only went to 4 because I was changing it anyways. I wouldn't have done it just for the size change.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:18 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Yeah, seems like the smaller one works just fine, so I'm sure that's why it's like that on the kit
Old 09-04-2015, 12:28 PM
lt1z
Melting Slicks

Received 170 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by realcanuk
My cam was spec'd taking the rockers into consideration. Its .610/.637 lift.

Yes, I expect that change but the bigger pipe will change it anyways.
Its all together and running great. I am amazed at how much the pipe size effects the maf readings. I added 30% across the board, and now will be fine tuning over the next few days. Cant hurt to extend the maf range, that's for sure.

Makes sense. I had to add about 25% to mine when I went from the 3.5" pipe and separate maf housing to the single piece 4" charge pipe with maf bung welded on. I like that inlet on your blower.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:53 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by lt1z
Makes sense. I had to add about 25% to mine when I went from the 3.5" pipe and separate maf housing to the single piece 4" charge pipe with maf bung welded on. I like that inlet on your blower.
Thanks... custom made.. just didn't like the plastic dongle, although I am sure it works fine.

Quick Reply: Got lucky, and thanks to Dave Steck and Brian Tooley.