C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best S/C price installed???

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 02:28 PM
IDH8TOO
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Best S/C price installed???

Car is a 2012 Grandsport A6 with headers.... I bought a cam and was about to buy the heads and converter but have decided to go another route right now. Think I'm going to sell the cam and intake..... So, who has the best price for a s/c installed on my car? I'm in TX but will drive wherever. Distance will only affect how quickly I can do it.
Thanks in Advance.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:16 PM
Complete Street
Supporting Vendor

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

We have a great special running right now, we're a little far from Texas but nothing a small vacation to the NE can't fix!

Check out the special here

Let us know how we can be of help!

Complete Street Performance
314 Turner Lane
West Chester, PA 19380
(570)259-2547
LITZOUT (01-23-2016)
Old 01-21-2016, 12:04 PM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,193 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Cheapest is not always the best. What part of Texas are you in? If you're close to Dallas I would recommend Quality Motorsports or 21st Century Muslecars. Quality is where I had my A&A done, and they did a nice job and gave me a good price (if you talk to them, ask for Patrick (the owner) and tell him Evan referred you (maybe I'll get a t-shirt out of it ). I paid about $2K more than what CSP is advertising, but mine is a dry-sump which required the radiator upgrade and I did the blacked out kit. If you want ECS, 21st is an installer for them or you can get an E-Force or Heartbeat package from them. If you're closer to Houston, there are a lot of well known shops there that I'm sure someone can recommend.

I've heard of a cheap shop in East Texas that advertises really good install prices (even less than the CSP price), but then people end up having to get things fixed by others afterwards, including things like not pinning the crank. The point being, cheap isn't always good, and if you do find a really good price, make sure to get all the details on the kit and the work.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:13 PM
IDH8TOO
Advanced

I'm in Odessa and did get a quote from KP racing in Houston for about $2k higher.... just looking at my options... the s/c is self will prolly be the same no matter who installs....
Old 01-21-2016, 12:24 PM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by IDH8TOO
I'm in Odessa and did get a quote from KP racing in Houston for about $2k higher.... just looking at my options... the s/c is self will prolly be the same no matter who installs....
Yes, the kit will be A&A, ECS or Paxton most likely, with A&A and ECS being the most inexpensive. The big difference is in the quality of the install and the tune, especially if the shop is cutting corners to rush the jobs through to try and make more in volume. The other thing to think about is that you're now going to have a modified car that needs someone to take care of it. That's why I chose a local installer to do mine, so that I could go back to them if I had any issues. While I'm not saying anything negative about CSP, it would be a real pain if you had them do the install, got it home and then had a serious issue. You'd end up having to ship the car back up to them to get them to work on it. I actually had an issue with my horn sounding like a duck call after I got it back from the install, which I didn't notice for several weeks as it's not something you use a lot. Turned out it was just water in the horn, but it was very nice to just be able to drop it of at Quality and have them take care of it.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:54 PM
Complete Street
Supporting Vendor

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan70
Yes, the kit will be A&A, ECS or Paxton most likely, with A&A and ECS being the most inexpensive. The big difference is in the quality of the install and the tune, especially if the shop is cutting corners to rush the jobs through to try and make more in volume. The other thing to think about is that you're now going to have a modified car that needs someone to take care of it. That's why I chose a local installer to do mine, so that I could go back to them if I had any issues. While I'm not saying anything negative about CSP, it would be a real pain if you had them do the install, got it home and then had a serious issue. You'd end up having to ship the car back up to them to get them to work on it. I actually had an issue with my horn sounding like a duck call after I got it back from the install, which I didn't notice for several weeks as it's not something you use a lot. Turned out it was just water in the horn, but it was very nice to just be able to drop it of at Quality and have them take care of it.

I just wanted to pop in here quickly before things get a little goofy.

Our pricing is good for a few reasons:
-We're a dealer for ECS and A&A so some of the labor is subsidized into the pricing.

-Our labor rate isn't very high because our overhead isn't crazy either. I'll be honest, we're in a small hole in the wall at the moment that we out grew like 4 years ago and have been on the hunt for the right location since that time. We actually found it, but still haven't settled on an agreement (after 2 months of discussion). However, when we move into our bigger/nicer location, this will change and our prices will go up to reflect the overhead.

But we aren't cutting any corners. I pay my guys very well, and from what I heard, more than most of the shops around the area so you aren't getting **** labor either. We are fully insured and have been since even before opening our first location.

We don't skip any corners in the install or tuning. Every car is done thoroughly and either done or overseen by Eric who is amazing by all accounts. You get daily updates while your car is here - I hired Alex just for this communication. Every car that gets tuned here has a tune made from scratch. I don't use a "canned" tune as a baseline. Every car that is street worthy is dyno tuned and then street tuned because there is absolutely no substitute for the street. It also gives us an added level of double checking our work.

I like to think of us as a well oiled machine.

With all that said, there is a good point to be made here that we are VERY far away from TX. If something does need touching up, which it shouldn't - but it does happen, it isn't easy to do from a couple thousand miles away. The more custom a car tends to get, the more of a chance there is to need some kind of touching up. While we need the car here if there is an issue, we do stand behind what we do.

You wouldn't be the first person to ship across the country to us. Heck, we've had people come down for Canada and drive all the way home after some of the more serious installs (not just bolt ons).

-Andrew
Owner, Tuner, Beer-Lover
Old 01-21-2016, 09:30 PM
xyoung347x
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by IDH8TOO
Car is a 2012 Grandsport A6 with headers.... I bought a cam and was about to buy the heads and converter but have decided to go another route right now. Think I'm going to sell the cam and intake..... So, who has the best price for a s/c installed on my car? I'm in TX but will drive wherever. Distance will only affect how quickly I can do it.
Thanks in Advance.
Price shopping up here in DFW for an kit/install myself. Let me know who you go with. I'm willing to drive down south towards Houston/Austin/SA if you find someone down there. Anyone knows if Quality or Century pricing if I buy the kit and installs?
Old 01-22-2016, 12:36 PM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by xyoung347x
Price shopping up here in DFW for an kit/install myself. Let me know who you go with. I'm willing to drive down south towards Houston/Austin/SA if you find someone down there. Anyone knows if Quality or Century pricing if I buy the kit and installs?
If you're in DFW, use someone here. Pricing changes, so you're best bet is to call the shop and discuss. I can't remember the exact amount, but I paid under $9K out the door 1.5 years ago at Quality and that included blacked out with upgraded radiator.
Old 01-25-2016, 12:35 AM
RMcoolX
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure what part of Texas you're in, but I'd suggest going to your nearest most reputable installer. I had KP Racing do my SC/headers install being that I had heard nothing but good things about them. They did not disappoint. It's also a bonus that I live only about a mile away from them.

Get notified of new replies

To Best S/C price installed???

Quick Reply: Best S/C price installed???