C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best methanol kit?And why??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 07:19 PM
Warship2k15
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16
Default Best methanol kit?And why??

Hi I'm getting ready to boost my vette and am thinking I might just add meth injection.

So here's my question who makes the best water/meth injection kit?And why?
Is it what triggers the kit.Is it the controls,Quality??Ability to run 100 percent meth?What??

I tried to research it and most of the answers said they liked such and such a kit but didn't give a good reason.Or they were older and I want to make sure I stay up to date with tech changes.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:43 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Most people can't give technical reasons why one kit is better than another. I can't really either.

The only thing I can say is the alky control kits have been reliable, are simple and use stainless PTFE hose, not push on plastic hoses. And they can run 100% meth no problem. Maybe others can too, I don't know.

Looks like aqua mist is coming out has some more advance systems with flow meters, etc. though, so I'm sure someone will recommend those too.

Last edited by schpenxel; 03-20-2016 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:13 AM
0FUXGVN
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Try and stay away from the push lock kits. I have a snow performance kit on mine and am in the process of switching to a different pump and hose with AN fittings. I like the snow kit minus the push lock, they use a nozzle/holder with a check valve built into it and since I run 100% meth it eats at the check valve and causes it to jam then meth sprays out the hose and onto a hot engine which is VERY dangerous. Snow does sell a pump with fitting instead of push locks so I ordered that and I have a partial alky control kit that I'll use for the lines and nozzle. Only reason I'm staying with what I have is because I already have the controller wired in and set up to read boost and injector pulse otherwise I'd probably be looking into the alky control or aquamist kits. The aquamist looks pretty trick and easy enough to set up, the alky control is simple bare bones and reliable so you can't go wrong with either.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:16 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Quality, reliability, construction, meth control strategy, customer service.

Alky control leads the pack in all those areas while having a good price.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:41 AM
C6 Curtis
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Quality, reliability, construction, meth control strategy, customer service.

Alky control leads the pack in all those areas while having a good price.
* Fixed
best kits are going to be Alky Control and Aquamist. The technology/customization is going to be Aquamist hands down. Alky control has nice lines and brass fittings.

-Curtis
Old 03-21-2016, 11:47 AM
lt1z
Melting Slicks

Received 170 Likes on 143 Posts

Alky control is what I have used most and had good luck with, though I have used Aquamist, AEM and Devilsown in the past as well.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:04 PM
Warship2k15
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Originally Posted by lt1z
Alky control is what I have used most and had good luck with, though I have used Aquamist, AEM and Devilsown in the past as well.
Did you have any problems with the other ones??If so what??
Old 03-21-2016, 12:10 PM
lt1z
Melting Slicks

Received 170 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by thoughtbetterboughtaC6
Did you have any problems with the other ones??If so what??
They all had advantages and disadvantages but overall Alky is the best kit IMO so that is what I use. Only issue is that pumps will need to be rebuilt from time to time using 100% meth but that would be the case with any kit.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:36 PM
ToppThat
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by thoughtbetterboughtaC6
Hi I'm getting ready to boost my vette and am thinking I might just add meth injection.

Is it what triggers the kit.Is it the controls,Quality??Ability to run 100 percent meth?What??

I tried to research it and most of the answers said they liked such and such a kit but didn't give a good reason.Or they were older and I want to make sure I stay up to date with tech changes.
I went with the snow stage 3. With mine the biggest job is moving the MAF so there's room for the primary and secondary nozzles between it and the throttle plate. Looking forward to the new tune and more boost
Old 03-22-2016, 12:10 PM
mourat
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Been using the same Alky control pump for over 4 years now no problems and running 100% meth since day 1.

Best kit IMHO because you can do MAF ramp up if you're using a PD blower or MAP for centrifugal. I don't like injector based ramp ups since I'm using a flex module and like to lean out my fuel system when meth kicks in so if I did that with injector based it wouldn't work right.

The ramp up **** is amazing and I don't feel the need for a meth flow meter is at all necessary since you have the test button on Alky and can see it kick in. I highly recommend the Dashlogic device though to see if meth is coming on.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:49 PM
C6 Curtis
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mourat
Been using the same Alky control pump for over 4 years now no problems and running 100% meth since day 1.

Best kit IMHO because you can do MAF ramp up if you're using a PD blower or MAP for centrifugal. I don't like injector based ramp ups since I'm using a flex module and like to lean out my fuel system when meth kicks in so if I did that with injector based it wouldn't work right.

The ramp up **** is amazing and I don't feel the need for a meth flow meter is at all necessary since you have the test button on Alky and can see it kick in. I highly recommend the Dashlogic device though to see if meth is coming on.
Aquamist can do all you said above. It is not only injector based and it can pull timing boost etc. you can also test the Aquamist kit it's nothing too special. Most don't know about Aquamist and isn't vended here yet but it is the most advanced kit out. Not at all knocking Alky because both are good kits but there is a reason I went with Aquamist after I did a lot of research.

-Curtis
Old 03-22-2016, 01:07 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Can you explain the "pull timing/boost" part?

Does it just have an output that you then have to hook to some sort of separate timing controller or is it something more advanced than that?

Last edited by schpenxel; 03-22-2016 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:26 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

alky control is probably the most used and their customer support is top notch, it's what I've been running for years now and I see no reason to switch.

I strongly recommend dashlogic and a wideband to anyone running meth though so you can see how the IATs and how they react and also watch your AFRs. You'll get used to how the car "should" behave and that way if you ever have an issue you can catch it. Although in 3 years I've never had any methanol issue. All the above should be "must have" for anyone with supercharger or FI but I think they become more important with methanol setups.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:27 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Meth injection and a wideband might as well come with the kits these days
Old 05-07-2019, 10:40 PM
jus1975
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this post is old but are there any fail safes for these kits
Old 05-08-2019, 07:51 AM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

Use a wideband to monitor A/F and tune it so that if IATs start climbing, timing is pulled.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:58 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Warship2k15

My only experience is with Alky Control as my builder recommended the system. I can tell you the personalized customer service from the man behind the system Julio Don is about as good as it gets. He took the time to explain the system in detail and the pros/cons of 100% meth vs. 50/50 meth/water mix. In this day of on-line everything his personal support will keep me as a customer!

BIGMAC

Get notified of new replies

To Best methanol kit?And why??

Old 05-10-2019, 12:46 PM
renegade123
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

What he said !

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Most people can't give technical reasons why one kit is better than another. I can't really either.

The only thing I can say is the alky control kits have been reliable, are simple and use stainless PTFE hose, not push on plastic hoses. And they can run 100% meth no problem. Maybe others can too, I don't know.

Looks like aqua mist is coming out has some more advance systems with flow meters, etc. though, so I'm sure someone will recommend those too.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:11 AM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by mourat

If you have the PID’s you used to make the dashlogic read that I’d love to have them, feel free to pm me it’d be greatly appreciated I’ve went down the road of doing this but have got side tracked each time with some other ****...usually being out of town for work.
Old 05-11-2019, 11:52 AM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

I usually just monitor IATs with Dashlogic to tell if meth is spraying. I’ve been using Alky Control for over three years, but if I had to do it again, I would use a custom system like RPM does.

Quick Reply: Best methanol kit?And why??