C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts, advice, suggestions for current/new build?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 07:15 PM
bp92gsr
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Thoughts, advice, suggestions for current/new build?

Hello to all and thank you for checking in! I just bought a 06 base model that has the Z06 conversion done. Car is absolutely gorgeous! The reason why I want to reach out to CF is so seek some advice and/or your opinions on the future of this car. Current setup makes somewhere in the range of 800-850 depending on the dyno. It's an absolute blast to drive however, I am not 100% sure it's running a safe tune (currently running 93 plus 100% meth).

After speaking with a very knowledgeable gentleman here in Oklahoma, I have come to realize that I will likely have to change the blower setup and possible the fuel setup in this car to reach the 1000 whp mark; which is my goal. The gentleman, whom of which I mentioned above, pulled the tune so that we could adjust the fan settings due to the car over-temping on me while cruising with AC on (between 225-245 @ 80ish mph). While looking at the tune he noticed that the timing was at 21* which he believed to be way too high for my setup. Below are a list of mods she currently sits with: New setup has approx 4K miles.

ERL Superdeck M5 Turbo Extreme Race Block (427ci) W/6 bolt heads (9.7:1 comp)
Dragonslayer crank
Callies Rods
Wiseco Pistons
Melling HV oil pump
TFS Gen-X 255cc LS3 heads
Manley Pushrods
Lunati Lifters
ARP head studs
ECS Big Blower Cam
Innovators West crank pulley
LS3 intake
TSP 1 7/8" SS headers
Offroad X-Pipe
Borla exhaust
B&M oil cooler
Centerforce DYAD clutch
ECS Novi 1500 kit (6-rib)
Fore Triple pump (2000hp) w/fore regulator
ID1000s
Aeromotive rails
Alky Control Dual meth injection kit

As you can see, the car has a lot of great parts with great potential. Right now I am debating going to a larger head unit utilizing a direct drive and a minimum of an 8 rib pulleys setup to alleviate belt slip. This car was tuned approximately 1 year ago at G-Force Motorsports in Houston using HP Tuners.

Now that I have provided a brief background on the car, what are some of your thoughts, opinions, and suggestions for the current and future setup/tune to reach my goals? Is it safe with 93 and meth at 21* timing or should I exercise caution and possibly re-tune for E85? Will ID1000s get me to 1000whp with the bigger head unit and a new tune? Once again, I would like to see 4-digit power, but never at the expense of pushing the car to its limit.

Since I do plan to go with a larger SC, What would be a fair asking price for the current head unit with pulleys? Will I be able to reuse the existing brackets I have now for the larger unit such as the YSI or Novi 2200r? What is a good asking price for the ID1000s?

Thanks for your input in advance and I welcome any and all questions you may have. **I did not mention every single mod the car has on purpose. If there is something else you need to know before formulating a response, please don't hesitate to ask.**

Thanks!
Brandon
Old 07-18-2016, 09:58 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

ID1000s will sell for ~600-650 easy enough. Upgrade to 1300/1700s.

Ysi/2200R is a direct swap. A 1500 should sell for ~$1500-1700, maybe more.

Swap to a direct drive/10 rib. No reason to mess with anything less. Swapping balancers is a pain, so just do it once and get the OD 10 rib.

Can't really listen to anyone talk about timing. 21 could be fine, or could be very dangerous. Without logs, and more info, which he can't tell from just the tune, he is just guessing. I wouldn't worry about that.

Last edited by Unreal; 07-18-2016 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:07 AM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

E85 and bumped compression.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:22 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

I would think E85 and a 2200r or ysi head unit should easily be worth 1k whp on that setup with no other real changes. Be sure you have some good tires and solid drivetrain too.

not sure the car should be overheating at 80mph on the freeway though? I don't see how the fans could fix that. Sounds like you probably have some crap built up on the front of the AC condensor or intercooler or something?
Old 07-18-2016, 12:47 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

If you really want 1K I would do what Unreal and neverstop said otherwise at most I would update the belt drive system and convert to flex fuel. You're at a sweet spot power level wise.
The following users liked this post:
bp92gsr (07-18-2016)
Old 07-18-2016, 10:39 PM
bp92gsr
Pro

Originally Posted by Unreal
ID1000s will sell for ~600-650 easy enough. Upgrade to 1300/1700s.

Ysi/2200R is a direct swap. A 1500 should sell for ~$1500-1700, maybe more.

Swap to a direct drive/10 rib. No reason to mess with anything less. Swapping balancers is a pain, so just do it once and get the OD 10 rib.

Can't really listen to anyone talk about timing. 21 could be fine, or could be very dangerous. Without logs, and more info, which he can't tell from just the tune, he is just guessing. I wouldn't worry about that.
It's a direct swap even when swapping to the 10-rib? If so...HELL YEAH! I was thinking it needed a flip drive or direct drive. So far the car drives great and seems very strong, but as we all know, we get comfortable and want more. YSi or 2200r is what I would like to get. What are they going for these days?

Originally Posted by neverstop
I would think E85 and a 2200r or ysi head unit should easily be worth 1k whp on that setup with no other real changes. Be sure you have some good tires and solid drivetrain too.

not sure the car should be overheating at 80mph on the freeway though? I don't see how the fans could fix that. Sounds like you probably have some crap built up on the front of the AC condensor or intercooler or something?
Car will be getting a radial very soon. I also plan to do an upgraded radiator with the D3 dual spal fan setup. That should help with the cooling issues. For now, I just did a coolant flush, added 100% distilled water and two bottles of Redline water wetter. Max temp ive seen so far is 214* and that was after a short burst.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:38 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

LMK if you decide to sell the ID1000s.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:05 PM
bp92gsr
Pro

Originally Posted by Tech
LMK if you decide to sell the ID1000s.
Pm'd you

Get notified of new replies

To Thoughts, advice, suggestions for current/new build?

Quick Reply: Thoughts, advice, suggestions for current/new build?