C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE to SEE IN A NEW WEBSITE?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 10:21 AM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

Default WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE to SEE IN A NEW WEBSITE?

I wanted to post this in the FI sections because this is where I feel I'll get the most relevent feedback. I have contracted to build a completely new website. I wanted to just start from scratch rather than revamp the existing site.
So what features would you, as both new shoppers and existing customers, like to see in an optimum website?
How important is a mobile friendly site to most people? We will be building it that way anyway but I'd love to hear what most people really think about that.
What about, customer videos, testimonials, comparisons to other brands, pictures of customers rides, more explanations of what we do and why vs. a lot of product choices in the "cart", close up pictures of individual components, a "specials" section, a used parts section, and so on. Let me know how these things rate in importance and what else you would want to see.
What about the overall layout? Any ideas as to what would appeal to or turn customers off would be really helpful!
Should we also have a separate area for supporting items like headers, cams, pistons, etc. or do you think that would take away from the A&A Supercharger brand and make us look more like any other performance retailer? I'm kind of torn on that one.
Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. You can email me if you don't want to post your ideas publicly.
Andy@AACorvette.com
Seriously. This could be a big help to us if we got a lot of relevent input.
Thanks Everyone, Andy

A&A CORVETTE
477 LAMBERT ST
OXNARD CA 93036
WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS
HOME OF THE WORLDS FIRST
CENTRIFUGALLY SUPERCHARGED C7

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Andy@AACorvette.com 805- 278 4107
Old 11-05-2016, 11:02 AM
nenji01
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy@A&ACorvette
I wanted to post this in the FI sections because this is where I feel I'll get the most relevent feedback. I have contracted to build a completely new website. I wanted to just start from scratch rather than revamp the existing site.
So what features would you, as both new shoppers and existing customers, like to see in an optimum website?
How important is a mobile friendly site to most people? We will be building it that way anyway but I'd love to hear what most people really think about that.
What about, customer videos, testimonials, comparisons to other brands, pictures of customers rides, more explanations of what we do and why vs. a lot of product choices in the "cart", close up pictures of individual components, a "specials" section, a used parts section, and so on. Let me know how these things rate in importance and what else you would want to see.
What about the overall layout? Any ideas as to what would appeal to or turn customers off would be really helpful!
Should we also have a separate area for supporting items like headers, cams, pistons, etc. or do you think that would take away from the A&A Supercharger brand and make us look more like any other performance retailer? I'm kind of torn on that one.
Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. You can email me if you don't want to post your ideas publicly.
Andy@AACorvette.com
Thanks Everyone, Andy
my thoughts are any website that looks like quality or well built will be fine to attract new customers but not really necessary, you guys already have a good reputation so a website layout change won't hurt you guys in anyway.

having more to offer is always good as long as the price is better than everywhere else and the customer service as well, it shouldn't take away from your brand or main selling items it just offers a bit more to the table and gives customers a chance to buy everything they need from you guys instead of 10 different companies.

i feel like testimonials and vids of customers on a website its a waste of time if your product is good it will speak for itself and people will buy it no matter what. i think innovations and proving your customers what your product can do or what you guys are capable of goes a longer way than anything else. maybe posting up what customers have achieved track numbers wise or whp wise but keeping it really light
Old 11-05-2016, 12:23 PM
90zcrex
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think simplicity is key in creating a new site, I wouldn't start overcrowding it with so many links that it makes it hard to navigate through. I like sites that keep the "about the company"(here's who we are what we do and customer cars/results) page and the shopping site separate. So when I'm just looking for parts, none of the fluff is in the way on the site. I don't think it's bad to sell supporting parts as well, only IF you are selling only parts that you guys personally endorse. A quick description about the part from YOUR shops perspective on why it works well makes you and the part look legit. Just having a bunch of random parts that you don't typically use or endorse makes you look like a generic internet middleman. Another thing is having your site up to date with your product. Not bashing but I should be able to look on your site and see which bracket design I have and which version is newest etc. Just some random thoughts hope it helps.
Old 11-05-2016, 02:18 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Whatever you do, please make it load faster. Not sure if this is from who is hosting it or what, but it's so slow to load for me. Doesn't matter if I'm at home, work, phone, laptop, desktop, phone.. it's always slow to load.
Old 11-05-2016, 03:05 PM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 286 Posts

My opinion, worth what you paid for it...
Your strong suit is CS, I'd emphasize that.

Being in Cali, I think a CARB EO package/kit with price installed & tuned would be great.

IMHO YES
* mobile friendly site to most people
* more explanations of what we do and why
* close up pictures of individual components
* comparisons to other brands
* a "specials" section

Luke warm
* If it's profitable I say yes - perhaps not a primary feature? separate area for supporting items like headers, cams, pistons, etc. or do you think that would take away from the A&A Supercharger brand and make us look more like any other performance retailer?
* customer videos, testimonials, , pictures of customers rides, vs. a lot of product choices in the "cart",

What about the overall layout?
* Simple & neat, easy to navigate

Old 11-06-2016, 09:50 AM
EnviedC6
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

As a prospective new customer, I think the website really just needs to be upgraded in terms of option availability. When I go to look for a supercharger kit, all I have is the kit. I know that there are numerous things that are customizable, from what I hear, in these kits. ECS used to have the same issue, but have since upgraded their site to give all the options as drop-down menus for each option. It makes it easy for someone to make an order online. I know most of the old-timers like to talk to someone on the phone, but most of us like the fact that we can order something straight off the web. If a company doesn't have a decent website, I usually pass on them. If a company can't invest in a decent web site, then what is to say that their customer service is going to be any better? Not saying that you all have bad customer service.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:13 PM
wesam
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

International shipping calculator with shipment weight will be helpful
Old 11-06-2016, 11:24 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

My site is old. A lot of the pictures are from 4 years ago or more.
I don't have anyone to update it on a regular basis.
I just want to start from scratch and have a site that I can ultimately add content and make product changes myself.
And yes, it will be a lot faster.
We do have a great reputation on the Forum. I think there are more people out there than we think that are not on the Forum and are not aware of our reputation. I get calls from people that were referred from Vortech or other companies that had never heard of us. This type of customer will need to be swayed by the website content.
I think in depth comparisons are also important and am glad some are in agreement.
On the C7 section I received the idea of having a section that explains all the various head units in detail and even a "what head unit should I use" area.
Also what would different sized pulleys do for me?
Clear instructions and some "how to" videos were also suggested.
The CARB install and tune package is also a great idea.
Thanks. This is all very helpful.
Old 11-09-2016, 12:46 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

My site is old. A lot of the pictures are from 4 years ago or more.
I don't have anyone to update it on a regular basis.
I just want to start from scratch and have a site that I can ultimately add content and make product changes myself.
And yes, it will be a lot faster.
We do have a great reputation on the Forum. I think there are more people out there than we think that are not on the Forum and are not aware of our reputation. I get calls from people that were referred from Vortech or other companies that had never heard of us. This type of customer will need to be swayed by the website content.
I think in depth comparisons are also important and am glad some are in agreement.
On the C7 section I received the idea of having a section that explains all the various head units in detail and even a "what head unit should I use" area.
Also what would different sized pulleys do for me?
Clear instructions and some "how to" videos were also suggested.
The CARB install and tune package is also a great idea.
Thanks. This is all very helpful.

1. Integrated order tracking and delivery notifications.
2. In emails to your customers after they purchase an item, link them to articles/PDFs with installation documents and frequently asked questions RELATED to the item(s) they purchased. I'm sure you've answered the same questions about fuel system upgrades and pulley sizes until you were blue in the face. Not only would it be helpful to have that information searchable (and suggested on product pages), it would be helpful to highlight them in correspondence for people who have purchased relevant products. It may prevent your phone from ringing and it also gives the customer the information they want without having to hunt for it.
3. Remember vehicle information, so I don't have to select it every time I go back to look for upgrades.

I'm a web software architect by trade, and I was blown away by the experience I have received by Crutchfield's website. All of the good things that Crutchfield does would help any e-commerce site for DIY products.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:18 AM
TTBlueZ06
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

No mobile site, mobile sites are usually glitchy and less detailed.. Todays devices do not have issues running a full site. Enough of the mobile garbage.

Make it simple, organized by generation and group the parts by type. It doesn't need to be flashy or having moving graphics or any of that crap. Just clean and easy to navigate.

Updated photos of product, detailed photos of product, don't leave customers wondering about anything.

The more detailed the website is, the less stupid phone calls you will get!
Old 11-15-2016, 03:06 PM
Twayneo1
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Andy@AACorvette.com
Thanks Everyone, Andy
Andy, i would update some of the pictures on the C6 supercharger installation. maybe put information about how to heat the brake duct line to bend it over the BOV. also remove the part where you add the down pipe to the SC and bracket before putting it into the car. I don't think it really is "website related" but thought i would add my two sense in.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:01 PM
davered00ss
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

my car love the kit

Get notified of new replies

To WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE to SEE IN A NEW WEBSITE?

Quick Reply: WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE to SEE IN A NEW WEBSITE?