C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For Eforce HX upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 09:41 PM
speedz06
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Default For Eforce HX upgrades

Im wanting to add a larger coolant reservoir as well as l see many like to use the Magnusun HX which looks pretty good to me but the D3 setup with new higher output circulation pump, larger double reservoir and big HX seems very nice.

Wondering if that bigger HX will block airflow like the centri intercoolers are known to do.

Wondering if anyone has any feedback or info about upgrading the eforce
subsystems.

Thnx
Old 11-11-2016, 04:36 AM
speedz06
Drifting

Man, so much activity for the other brands I have to say, to do over again I would not get the eforce setup. I know they sold allot of them in the beginning and love the Eaton chargers, have had a few before this on both GM and Fords but it is just the limited packaging here on the vette kit that falls short. The car is fun but lacks the consistent performance and the snap of the maggie kit IMO.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:22 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

You can search for some of my older threads about what upgrades I tried for the eforce. I upgraded the pump and reservoir but not the IC. I had very good and consistent results with the eforce. Not sure what you are experiencing from your post.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:35 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by realcanuk
You can search for some of my older threads about what upgrades I tried for the eforce. I upgraded the pump and reservoir but not the IC. I had very good and consistent results with the eforce. Not sure what you are experiencing from your post.
OP, Listen to this guy^^^^^^.
He's gotten 780WHP and 14psi out of a E-Force on a built 402 with an A6 trans, which typically dynos significantly less than an M6. No one is probably ever going to get that kind of boost or power out of a H-Beat C6 system, which is what I'm running, simply because that system, with the C6 accessory drive, is limited to ~8.25" HB/lower and a 81mm/3.2" upper, which limits boost (on a cammed LS3) to around 12psi.
The Magnuson H/X is supposed to be an upgrade, and a fairly cheap one at that, so I would try that. The D3 system is very nice, and all their stuff is high quality without a doubt, but that comes with the consequent high price tag.
If you're looking to lower IATs, you can also add an expansion tank in the batt box (if your car came with a front mount battery), use high flow fittings and -12 hose and insulate the tank and the hoses well. I have seen very good results from doing that on my HBeat setup, even with the standard Bosch pump. Not sure if it makes that much of a difference on the E-Force, since their H/X system seems to have a better flow through routing system on the reservoir to begin with.
BTW: in my view - and I've been studying this lately - the E-Force pulley system is also much better than the H-Beat, because it adds a second mid-height idler for better belt wrap on the Lower pulley and they now have a HD sprung tensioner system, whereas us H-Beat guys are stuck with the flimsy-*** stock spring tensioner. I'm right now looking into whether I can get the parts to duplicate the Edelbrock idler/tensioner system on my car.
The following 3 users liked this post by CI GS:
arc6 (12-02-2016), Chiselchst (07-11-2019), speedz06 (11-25-2016)
Old 11-11-2016, 01:03 PM
darkknight91
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CI GS
OP, Listen to this guy^^^^^^.
He's gotten 780WHP and 14psi out of a E-Force on a built 402 with an A6 trans, which typically dynos significantly less than an M6. No one is probably ever going to get that kind of boost or power out of a H-Beat C6 system, which is what I'm running, simply because that system, with the C6 accessory drive, is limited to ~8.25" HB/lower and a 81mm/3.2" upper, which limits boost (on a cammed LS3) to around 12psi.
The Magnuson H/X is supposed to be an upgrade, and a fairly cheap one at that, so I would try that. The D3 system is very nice, and all their stuff is high quality without a doubt, but that comes with the consequent high price tag.
If you're looking to lower IATs, you can also add an expansion tank in the batt box (if your car came with a front mount battery), use high flow fittings and -12 hose and insulate the tank and the hoses well. I have seen very good results from doing that on my HBeat setup, even with the standard Bosch pump. Not sure if it makes that much of a difference on the E-Force, since their H/X system seems to have a better flow through routing system on the reservoir to begin with.
BTW: in my view - and I've been studying this lately - the E-Force pulley system is also much better than the H-Beat, because it adds a second mid-height idler for better belt wrap on the Lower pulley and they now have a HD sprung tensioner system, whereas us H-Beat guys are stuck with the flimsy-*** stock spring tensioner. I'm right now looking into whether I can get the parts to duplicate the Edelbrock idler/tensioner system on my car.
e force upgraded tensioner on a heartbeat ! now that's some innovation I like..might be tough but the payoff would be great

Last edited by darkknight91; 11-11-2016 at 01:04 PM. Reason: word
Old 11-22-2016, 07:23 PM
speedz06
Drifting

Hey guys thanks for the replies. I think that I need to get my tune straightened out but power is pretty good.
Im about to pull the trigger on the D3 setup because of the larger front mount reservoirs. Even a larger reservoir seems to cook under the hood with the LS7 in traffic so moving it out might be a good idea.
Im going to look back at realcanuk's posts also.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:23 AM
TWS Racing
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Dedicated Motorsports fabbed me an expansion tank for my ZR1. It only adds a little over a half gallon to the system, but the placement is great. I can drive the car as long as I want, stop, pop the hood, and place my hands on the tank. It never gets hot.
Attached Images  
The following 2 users liked this post by TWS Racing:
arc6 (12-02-2016), speedz06 (11-25-2016)
Old 11-25-2016, 08:27 PM
speedz06
Drifting

Originally Posted by TWS Racing
Dedicated Motorsports fabbed me an expansion tank for my ZR1. It only adds a little over a half gallon to the system, but the placement is great. I can drive the car as long as I want, stop, pop the hood, and place my hands on the tank. It never gets hot.
Now that looks nice. I dont mean to sound simple but as expansion tank does that mean that the original reservoir (or tank) stays and this is added, or is this replacing the original? Does Look like a great location.

Last edited by speedz06; 11-25-2016 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:42 PM
TWS Racing
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by speedz06
Now that looks nice. I dont mean to sound simple but as expansion tank does that mean that the original reservoir (or tank) stays and this is added, or is this replacing the original? Does Look like a great location.
Yes sir. It is in addition. The idea is to increase the system volume (by adding more coolant capacity).
Old 07-11-2019, 03:42 PM
m60gov20
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 100 Posts

I know this is an older thread but what is a "D3 set up"? I have done a search but didn't bring anything up.

Get notified of new replies

To For Eforce HX upgrades

Quick Reply: For Eforce HX upgrades