C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Help for Some 20x11s

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 10:26 AM
RRosay
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Help for Some 20x11s

I need some help. First of all I am a long time lurker and first time poster. In Feb I bought a 2013 base that I have been driving and loving every minute of it. I am having a ECS supercharger, cam, headers, and meth injection installed next week. I bought some HRE FF01 wheels with 20x11 in the rear to try to help me get more traction. I wanted to stick with 19" rears for more sidewall but I couldn't find any styles that I liked. Anyway can someone recommend a tire that will help me put this new power to the ground? I have read a couple of the tire help threads and it looks like the R888R is a good choice and i can get that in 315/30r20 or I was also looking at the Sport Cup 2 in 305/30r20. Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for another tire that would fit this rim? Thanks guys.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:04 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

Cup 2s are a waste of money for straight line traction on a 600+ rwhp car.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:34 AM
BoosTTed C6
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by RRosay
I need some help. First of all I am a long time lurker and first time poster. In Feb I bought a 2013 base that I have been driving and loving every minute of it. I am having a ECS supercharger, cam, headers, and meth injection installed next week. I bought some HRE FF01 wheels with 20x11 in the rear to try to help me get more traction. I wanted to stick with 19" rears for more sidewall but I couldn't find any styles that I liked. Anyway can someone recommend a tire that will help me put this new power to the ground? I have read a couple of the tire help threads and it looks like the R888R is a good choice and i can get that in 315/30r20 or I was also looking at the Sport Cup 2 in 305/30r20. Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for another tire that would fit this rim? Thanks guys.
As you know, your 20" rim selection is a limiting factor. You chose form over function with the 20s vs a smaller diameter wheel. Just about anything done from here is just making the best of a bad situation. Find the stickiest non run flat tire and use it. R888 is light years better than the SC2s. Unless you can find a drag radial that fits, I think a set of R888s is in your future.

I have 15s and LG spindles w/ 275/60/15 MT ET street pros for big boost/race days, 18s with R888s for regular/lower boost days and 19s (which I never use). I chose function for regular street driving.

Good luck with the new power.....

Get notified of new replies

To Tire Help for Some 20x11s

Quick Reply: Tire Help for Some 20x11s