C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ProEFI and Fuel Pump Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 09:08 PM
staticki
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Default ProEFI and Fuel Pump Question

For anyone with experience on here. Tried a couple shops and haven't really got an answer on my question yet.

I have everything wired in for my ProEFI 128 setup and I can't seem to get ProEFI to turn on my fuel pump(s) when cranking. If I run off of the stock ecu, fuel pressure jumps right to 43.5 once the key is in the on position and starts on the first try. Once I connect the ProEFI though, when I key on it will not start the pump, but everything else comes on fine.

Any thoughts?

For background, the car is a 2006 Corvette with an aftermarket Fore triple fuel system. I have the primary pump running off of the stock wiring harness, then the second and third pumps being ran off of Fore's external controller. This is being signaled by the ProEFI via LSD7 to a automotive relay that goes to the controller.

Was told that since ProEFI is controlling the TB, that I physically change over the fuel pump to being physically connected to the ProEFI. Tried this and still no go.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:12 AM
RecMech
Pro

Received 325 Likes on 148 Posts

With the car in the on position, in ProEFI I/O tab can you turn the fuel pump on with the overrides?
Old 01-15-2019, 02:10 PM
Summerkruse13
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by staticki
For anyone with experience on here. Tried a couple shops and haven't really got an answer on my question yet.

I have everything wired in for my ProEFI 128 setup and I can't seem to get ProEFI to turn on my fuel pump(s) when cranking. If I run off of the stock ecu, fuel pressure jumps right to 43.5 once the key is in the on position and starts on the first try. Once I connect the ProEFI though, when I key on it will not start the pump, but everything else comes on fine.

Any thoughts?

For background, the car is a 2006 Corvette with an aftermarket Fore triple fuel system. I have the primary pump running off of the stock wiring harness, then the second and third pumps being ran off of Fore's external controller. This is being signaled by the ProEFI via LSD7 to a automotive relay that goes to the controller.

Was told that since ProEFI is controlling the TB, that I physically change over the fuel pump to being physically connected to the ProEFI. Tried this and still no go.
Just a question ..I am wiring in the same set up on my z06. Did you use the factory fule pump relay for the primary pump? Or did the piggy back harness have a new relay "better" looped in to the factory pump?
Old 01-15-2019, 03:04 PM
RecMech
Pro

Received 325 Likes on 148 Posts

ProEFI Harness utilizes the factory relay.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:57 PM
Shortpersonbk
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

Judging by what i remember with my proefi 128 i had in my 2j miata it is probably a configuration issue.

Look for a tab like this.

Get notified of new replies

To ProEFI and Fuel Pump Question

Quick Reply: ProEFI and Fuel Pump Question