Nitrous question - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion


C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous
C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous question

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2017, 09:49 AM   #1
injfuel
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Nov 2016
Posts: 215
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default Nitrous question

I have a h/c/I 06 zo6 , makes 551/520 stock short block , I have a 450lph pump and 80lb injectors on e85 , can I tap into where my flex fuel sensor is and pull fuel for a 50-75 shot safely ? Will be running a single digger nozzle n/x kit with the lingenfelter timing retard box , how much timing should be pulled for a 75 shot max , thanks
injfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:24 AM   #2
ZincGT
CF Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2014
Location: Denver Colorado
Posts: 92
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I had an OEM Z06 pump on e85 with a magnuson supercharger and a 125 shot pulled from the fuel rail. Made 650 uncorrected
ZincGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:21 PM   #3
jamdun17
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2012
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wanted to piggy back off this thread as not to start a new thread with a similar question. Can I use the stock pump without a BAP for a 100-150 shot if i up the fuel pressure to 72 psi base with the BMW 16147186454 regulator. Trying to avoid using a bap or a stand alone fuel system and keep the jet syphons
jamdun17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:41 PM   #4
g23crawler
CF Senior Member
 
g23crawler's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Location: Lincoln Ne
Posts: 132
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamdun17 View Post
Wanted to piggy back off this thread as not to start a new thread with a similar question. Can I use the stock pump without a BAP for a 100-150 shot if i up the fuel pressure to 72 psi base with the BMW 16147186454 regulator. Trying to avoid using a bap or a stand alone fuel system and keep the jet syphons
If your car is stock and you only have nitrous you do not need a bap or anything for a 150 shot.
g23crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:02 PM   #5
NitrousOutlet
Supporting Vendor
 
NitrousOutlet's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2015
Location: Waco Texas
Posts: 417
Thanks: 0
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by injfuel View Post
I have a h/c/I 06 zo6 , makes 551/520 stock short block , I have a 450lph pump and 80lb injectors on e85 , can I tap into where my flex fuel sensor is and pull fuel for a 50-75 shot safely ? Will be running a single digger nozzle n/x kit with the lingenfelter timing retard box , how much timing should be pulled for a 75 shot max , thanks


We always recommend an aftermarket pump when pulling fuel off the fuel rail and you for sure have enough fuel pump. As far as timing is concerned you would need to know what total timing of the motor is when not on spray. Anytime you use nitrous we recommend pulling some sort of timing out of the motor. Since you will use the LNC controller you could start by pulling a few degrees. But you must know what your base timing is before pulling timing. You will sort out the fuel first with the wideband then you will work on the Ignition Timing map. I recommend you switch to a NGK BR7EF non projected tip spark plug. This plug will will be good up to 150hp.

Last edited by NitrousOutlet; 06-20-2017 at 06:03 PM.
NitrousOutlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:14 PM   #6
injfuel
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Nov 2016
Posts: 215
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitrousOutlet View Post
We always recommend an aftermarket pump when pulling fuel off the fuel rail and you for sure have enough fuel pump. As far as timing is concerned you would need to know what total timing of the motor is when not on spray. Anytime you use nitrous we recommend pulling some sort of timing out of the motor. Since you will use the LNC controller you could start by pulling a few degrees. But you must know what your base timing is before pulling timing. You will sort out the fuel first with the wideband then you will work on the Ignition Timing map. I recommend you switch to a NGK BR7EF non projected tip spark plug. This plug will will be good up to 150hp.
Thanks for the reply , you answered all my questions
injfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Nitrous question
  •  
     
    Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    110? Or C16? For Stand alone fuel system JROZ06 C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous 12 04-24-2016 08:54 AM
    Quick FMU question dan0617 C4 Tech/Performance 11 08-13-2008 04:53 PM
    Nitrous Express Wet kit - Timing retard? C5Sweden C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous 2 07-16-2008 04:59 PM
    Whats the best way to pull my timing for nitrous use??? c4vetteontop C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous 22 04-04-2008 02:16 AM
    New Dry system considerations SpinMonster C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous 23 03-19-2008 10:27 PM


    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 PM.


     
    • Ask a Question
      Get answers from community experts
    Question Title:
    Description:
    Your question will be posted in: