C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To spray or not to spray..

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 02:44 PM
darkknight91
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default To spray or not to spray..

I have a stock bottom end ls3 with a Edelbrock Eforce sitting on the top running about 12-13lbs, it makes fairly well power compared to the other similar setups I’ve seen here. It made 660whp and 647tq no cam no heads touched, nada.

It’s got all the cooling mods done from heat exchanger to ice box to a Jabsco pump. I have the smallest pulley on it right now (2.75) but I’m wanting more out of it still, I don’t want to send it off to get ported or do a cam, I kind of like the idea of the stealth idle and sleeper vibe it has.

My question to you gents is, I want more out of it. Do I spray the house down? , my fuel system is I feel up to par for a little 100 -125 shot. I have a 450 in the tank with a racetronix harness and a bap with a hobbs switch coming on after 4 lbs. I might even entertain the idea of only spraying in third and fourth.. I want to get to 800.

I’m pretty sure the LS3 can handle it I just want some opinions with people who have sprayed with their roots blowers and/or supercharged stock bottom end motors.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:19 PM
SBCGENII
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Get a bigger balancer.

Then spray it!
Old 06-22-2017, 07:29 AM
darkknight91
Advanced

HAHAHAHAHAHAA that escalated quickly...... well the blower rpm is right at 19,xxx for me, the blower rpm limit is 20k so i don"t wanna overspin the blower. Never really seen anyone overdrive an Eforce either dont't wanna be the guinea pig for that.

Then spray it![/QUOTE]
Old 06-22-2017, 02:36 PM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

You will for sure make more power if you go on nitrous. We have machines a few of these super charges with spray bars on them to allow them to spray down the runner. Feel free to give us a call 254-848-4300

I would recommend running the supporting accessories when it comes to nitrous on vehicles. The system itself will not stay consistent without use of a purge, bottle heater, window switch, an a ignition timing controller when using nitrous to remove timing when on spray. I look forward to helping you out.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:43 PM
darkknight91
Advanced

Originally Posted by NitrousOutlet
You will for sure make more power if you go on nitrous. We have machines a few of these super charges with spray bars on them to allow them to spray down the runner. Feel free to give us a call 254-848-4300

I would recommend running the supporting accessories when it comes to nitrous on vehicles. The system itself will not stay consistent without use of a purge, bottle heater, window switch, an a ignition timing controller when using nitrous to remove timing when on spray. I look forward to helping you out.

Custom Spray bar system might be a little out of my budget to be honest, but +1 because i know you guys do some quality work..

What's the most you guys have sprayed a stock bottom end blown LS3 with ? especially if fuel system is up for the job.. trying to get a feel of what size of a shot I'm going to spray..

Last edited by darkknight91; 06-22-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:13 PM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

There are alot of different factors that play into how much the stock bottom end will hold with boost and spray. The health of a motor can be found by doing a compression check and leak down check to verify it. When spraying nitrous on a vehicle that already has a power adder on it it increases the HP gain. For instance if you spray a 50 shot on your set up your more than likely to pick up 75-85hp to the wheels. You are already making 660whp on a stock bottom end. Your tune for sure would need to be spot on when it comes to using nitrous with a already installed supercharger on the car.

We actually had a customer call in today that was spraying 250hp on a stock bottom end LS3. Obviously, he has some pretty extensive tuning knowledge, That's a must when it comes to spraying this much to a stock motor. It has and is being done but you have to know what you're doing.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:57 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by NitrousOutlet

Oooh, that's nice! Have you guys done a spray bar system on the Heartbeat blower yet? If so, do you have any pics?
Old 06-22-2017, 05:56 PM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CI GS
Oooh, that's nice! Have you guys done a spray bar system on the Heartbeat blower yet? If so, do you have any pics?

Ask and you shall receive

Last edited by NitrousOutlet; 06-22-2017 at 05:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
CI GS (06-23-2017)
Old 06-22-2017, 09:16 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Uh oh, Sammy is getting ideas again!
Old 06-22-2017, 09:24 PM
scottg
Burning Brakes

Received 187 Likes on 126 Posts

I think his knuckles should heal first.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:22 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Me likey! Me likey very much! Who needs meth now, eh, Carson?
You guys realize that this Vette is the first vehicle I've owned that I haven't put nitrous on, right? Yet...
Old 06-23-2017, 06:32 AM
NJ_phil
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

I' love to be there when the customs drills a hole in that nitrous bottle.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:53 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by NJ_phil
I' love to be there when the customs drills a hole in that nitrous bottle.

No man, I only have a problem exporting stuff to the US. I think it's Carson they're after, actually.
Our customs have a bigass X-ray scanner that scans entire containers at a time. Not sure if it actually works though...
Besides, I have plenty of bottles already. I remember when I brought one home on a flight once, years ago, before travel was an experience in paranoia. All I had to do in Miami was open the valve to prove it was empty. Would probably not want to try that now though...

Apologies to the OP for the hijack.
I'm voting for you to just add some nitrous, BTW, if you don't want to change the cam and/or heads. You could also add a mild cam, something along the lines of a stock LS9 cam. My car idles very nicely with a VR 223/239@118+4* cam. That would drop the boost slightly, but you'll pick up power. Best of both worlds, really.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:12 AM
darkknight91
Advanced

Originally Posted by CI GS

No man, I only have a problem exporting stuff to the US. I think it's Carson they're after, actually.
Our customs have a bigass X-ray scanner that scans entire containers at a time. Not sure if it actually works though...
Besides, I have plenty of bottles already. I remember when I brought one home on a flight once, years ago, before travel was an experience in paranoia. All I had to do in Miami was open the valve to prove it was empty. Would probably not want to try that now though...

Apologies to the OP for the hijack.
I'm voting for you to just add some nitrous, BTW, if you don't want to change the cam and/or heads. You could also add a mild cam, something along the lines of a stock LS9 cam. My car idles very nicely with a VR 223/239@118+4* cam. That would drop the boost slightly, but you'll pick up power. Best of both worlds, really.

hahah no worries man, yeah definitely a big cam is in my future I'm leaning towards a 235/247 lsa in the 115 -117 range, I can really careless about drive ability I just want it to pull like a freight train up top.

Another thing I'm really considering is spraying for third and fourth only, so when I do 50/60 rolls in Mehicoo I can come out with traction still and come with the power when it counts..
Old 06-23-2017, 09:26 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by darkknight91
hahah no worries man, yeah definitely a big cam is in my future I'm leaning towards a 235/247 lsa in the 115 -117 range, I can really careless about drive ability I just want it to pull like a freight train up top.

Another thing I'm really considering is spraying for third and fourth only, so when I do 50/60 rolls in Mehicoo I can come out with traction still and come with the power when it counts..
That'll wake it up!
Old 06-23-2017, 07:32 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

That'll wake up the neighbors

Get notified of new replies

To To spray or not to spray..

Quick Reply: To spray or not to spray..