C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Restart problems (guessing tune related)

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 05:34 AM
07blkvette
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Restart problems (guessing tune related)

Okay, I have an esc 1500 and have had it for years with no issues at all. Decided to get cam installed so went with the ECS big blower cam. Ever since the install after I drive the car for awhile and go to restart it after 30 min of sitting it sounds like Im starting an old 70's car the way its turning over. Took it back to the shop that did the work and they said they corrected it. Well its still not fixed and now somtimes on cold starts it has trouble starting. The best part now is that the shop wont return no calls or emails.
I guess my questiin is, is this tune related or something else?
Old 09-06-2017, 08:05 AM
ls1wolf
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 111 Posts

Yes tune related... Mine did the same thing, it takes some time to get it right and a good "toner".
Old 09-06-2017, 08:28 AM
NormWild
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Mine does a similar thing, but only when hot. Stumbles like an old car with too much timing. I just had it re-tuned by RPM and they pointed to my sluggish O2 sensors, said they should be replaced. Might not be your problem, but something to check.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:28 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

I would also have the shop that tuned it check fuel pressure, it is most likely tuning but it could also be a check valve in the fuel pump.

For the record, this was NOT tuned by ECS, but I'll be happy to correct it for you. Sometimes price shopping isn't the best option.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:12 AM
07blkvette
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
I would also have the shop that tuned it check fuel pressure, it is most likely tuning but it could also be a check valve in the fuel pump.

For the record, this was NOT tuned by ECS, but I'll be happy to correct it for you. Sometimes price shopping isn't the best option.

YES, for the RECORD it wasnt tuned by ECS. And YES price shopping isnt always the best option.

As far as fuel pressure goes, thats what I was thinking. But Why would It start up on cold starts fine but not after its driven and sits for 30min to and 1hr.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:21 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

I agree it is most likely not the check valve, but I have seen them be intermittent so since it's so easy to check it, just eliminates that as the problem. Assuming it holds pressure.

Get notified of new replies

To Restart problems (guessing tune related)

Quick Reply: Restart problems (guessing tune related)