C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

On3 Turbo Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 08:13 PM
g23crawler
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Going to make a new intake tube, not happy with this one. But it’s about there, just some little stuff to tighten up.

Old 01-16-2018, 04:18 AM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Looking good!
Old 01-16-2018, 09:15 AM
g23crawler
Burning Brakes

Everything is back together, need to find a set of injectors and get her tuned.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:34 AM
GaragedLS2
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Lookin' good man! What fuel system are you planning to run? Youre definitely much farther along than I am so I'm curious to see what kind of numbers youre going to make. Are you running the filters or just doing turbo guards of some sort?

Also, did you bolt the manifolds up with the turbos attached or manifolds up and then install the turbos? I wanted to see if I can fit them all up together since I had on3 clock the turbos for me and I dont need to continue to adjust for proper fitment. I'm going to be screwing around with mine again this weekend so hopefully I get at least the hot side 100% done.

Last edited by GaragedLS2; 01-16-2018 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:24 PM
g23crawler
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GaragedLS2
Lookin' good man! What fuel system are you planning to run? Youre definitely much farther along than I am so I'm curious to see what kind of numbers youre going to make. Are you running the filters or just doing turbo guards of some sort?

Also, did you bolt the manifolds up with the turbos attached or manifolds up and then install the turbos? I wanted to see if I can fit them all up together since I had on3 clock the turbos for me and I dont need to continue to adjust for proper fitment. I'm going to be screwing around with mine again this weekend so hopefully I get at least the hot side 100% done.
For fuel I’m just doing a walbro 450 in tank pump, flex fuel sensor and hopefully find a set of ID1300cc injectors for a decent price.
I found a K&N filter that will work but have yet to buy them.

I had to bolt the manifolds on and then the turbos from the underside, mine were clocked also. Make sure to connect the oil feed before putting them on. I made that mistake and once they are on there is no access to the top of the turbo. Hope you have small hands, getting the v band champ on the top of the turbo to the manifold is a nightmare
Old 01-16-2018, 02:04 PM
GaragedLS2
Racer

Originally Posted by g23crawler
For fuel I’m just doing a walbro 450 in tank pump, flex fuel sensor and hopefully find a set of ID1300cc injectors for a decent price.
I found a K&N filter that will work but have yet to buy them.

I had to bolt the manifolds on and then the turbos from the underside, mine were clocked also. Make sure to connect the oil feed before putting them on. I made that mistake and once they are on there is no access to the top of the turbo. Hope you have small hands, getting the v band champ on the top of the turbo to the manifold is a nightmare
haha, I was afraid you'd say they go on separately. I was looking down at the vband on the manifold I have bolted up thinking "gee, i dont think my hands will fit in there." Precisely why I took the opportunity to ask you if they'd go in together.

Just throwing it out there, Im running 1350cc injectors on my setup and my tuner was really impressed with their response and they are super easy to tune. I picked them up at fuel injector clinic and theyre only a fraction of the price of the ID's. Couldnt be happier w/ the injectors tbh and I believe they've dropped down in cost since I purchased them a couple years ago.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:04 PM
GeneSch
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
That looks pretty rough
Thats being nice...
Old 01-21-2018, 12:18 AM
g23crawler
Burning Brakes

Finally got all the little stuff button up, went to start it for the first time and couldn’t get it to turn over. Had a lost communication with ecm code, finally figured out this afternoon that the abs connector was not fully seated. Now it will turn over but has a bad backfire in the intake, thinking it’s the cam shaft sensor. So went to pull it off and of course it breaks in half so I had to tear into the front of the car again. Once getting the old one I realized Oreillys sold me the wrong sensor. So have to wait till morning to go get the right one and hopefully fix the back firing issue.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:40 AM
GaragedLS2
Racer

Finally got all the little stuff button up, went to start it for the first time and couldn’t get it to turn over. Had a lost communication with ecm code, finally figured out this afternoon that the abs connector was not fully seated. Now it will turn over but has a bad backfire in the intake, thinking it’s the cam shaft sensor. So went to pull it off and of course it breaks in half so I had to tear into the front of the car again. Once getting the old one I realized Oreillys sold me the wrong sensor. So have to wait till morning to go get the right one and hopefully fix the back firing issue.
Youre still doing better than me. I spent 3 hours yesterday trying to get one turbo mounted and couldnt even get it done haha.

Seems like youre running into a few speed bumps along the project car journey but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how the car does once its all buttoned up.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:01 PM
camarokidz28
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

It's always something!
Old 01-21-2018, 10:13 PM
Synergyperf
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't wait to see how this turns out. I'm very curious to see how the intake filters fit..
Old 01-21-2018, 10:15 PM
g23crawler
Burning Brakes

Still fighting a backfire issue, gonna have to take the timing cover off to make sure the cam and crank shaft are lined up.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:42 PM
g23crawler
Burning Brakes

Car is finally back up and running!! Got a few kinks to work out but feels good to hear it running again.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:25 AM
Cockroach
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 97 Posts

Car is finally back up and running!! Got a few kinks to work out but feels good to hear it running again.

You **** tease! Were all on the edge of our seats chomping on the bit waiting to hear what the back fire issue was and..............
Old 01-25-2018, 09:25 AM
g23crawler
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Cockroach
You **** tease! Were all on the edge of our seats chomping on the bit waiting to hear what the back fire issue was and..............

Cam gear was off by a bit, luckily no bent valves or anything.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:57 AM
STL Mike
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Looking forward to the tune + dyno and some feedback on driveability and power numbers!
Old 01-29-2018, 11:27 PM
g23crawler
Burning Brakes

Need to finish plumbing all the wastes gates and blow off valves, buy injectors and get her tuned. This car sounds a lot better than I expected

Get notified of new replies

To On3 Turbo Build

Old 01-29-2018, 11:30 PM
g23crawler
Burning Brakes

Old 01-30-2018, 09:07 AM
STL Mike
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

./doit

Any idea if On 3 is working a C5 kit? I posted on their website, haven't heard anything back.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:14 AM
g23crawler
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by STL Mike
./doit

Any idea if On 3 is working a C5 kit? I posted on their website, haven't heard anything back.
Not that I know of, I dont think they care to much for the corvette market. They are busy enough with the mustang market and the demand vs supply is alot better for them. If I had a C5 I would run a hurron kit before an On3.

Quick Reply: On3 Turbo Build