C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPP T4 top mount twin turbo kit!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 09:28 PM
Old Teacher
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPP twin turbos

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS
Hey Everyone,

We are looking for a C6 with a built engine looking to run a top mount twin turbo kit. We would like to redesign our Z06 kit to be able to fit T4 frame turbos. We have seen lots of interest in this kit so, here is your chance to be the first.

Offer price: $9,999.99
This will include a FREE upgrade to T4 turbo's, FREE Install and FREE tune.
I have been on the phone several times to UPP and they have given me a price of about $9800 for a twin turbo setup for my '05 LS2. My horse power to the wheels will be 800, about 960 at the crank. But they want $3200 to install and tune, swap out the cam and lifters, and install a stronger clutch. They told me that the rest of my driveline could handle the hp boost. How do you get the free install deal?
Old 08-18-2018, 05:03 PM
c5wolf
Melting Slicks

Received 65 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Teacher
I have been on the phone several times to UPP and they have given me a price of about $9800 for a twin turbo setup for my '05 LS2. My horse power to the wheels will be 800, about 960 at the crank. But they want $3200 to install and tune, swap out the cam and lifters, and install a stronger clutch. They told me that the rest of my driveline could handle the hp boost. How do you get the free install deal?

sounds pretty damn cheap to me as long as you already have the fuel system and all the other supporting hardware etc etc.
pricewise for all that labor I would say is Pretty inexpensive
The following users liked this post:
CK@UPPCOS (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 04:31 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Teacher
You had to be the first one to lend us your car (for months) while we did the necessary modifications to the system to allot for the bigger turbos. We've got one in here, but as you can tell from the age of this post it's been a while in the making, which for the benefit of using this customer's car is why he was rewarded with discounted pricing.

CK
Old 12-03-2018, 07:03 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

These Z06 T4 kits are now available, and don't miss out on the black friday sales good through 12/15!
Old 12-06-2018, 08:24 AM
BLEKVET
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 150 Posts

CK, hope you are well brother. Thanks for taking such good care of my LS7 swap. You and your shop are a class act! Say hello to Spinmonster for me. Kenny
The following users liked this post:
CK@UPPCOS (12-06-2018)
Old 03-21-2019, 11:16 PM
SyndicatePlus
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS
"Chinese turbos" is the same thing as simply stating "turbos"
I have heard Great things from UPP & their customers. I may indeed buy a Turbo kit from them in the near future. I have no relation or experience with UPP or their products, nor do I make any negative assumptions of any products sold on this forum or its forum members.

Plenty of Turbos are manufactured & assembled in China. Plenty of Turbos are Not.
IHI Japan manufactures its components in Japan then ships them out to USA, China, etc for assembly.
Holset has 6 or so manufacturing plants located in N & S America, Europe, and joint ventures in India and China.
BorgWarner has 60 Manufacturing facilities across 18+ countries. ( Variety of products too )
MHI is has a manufacturing facility in each market/continent in relation to turbos.
Honeywell G / Garrett has manufacturing in US, Europe & China. 2014 new manufacturing facility in China. Mexico? ( hearsay story )

Turbos and turbo components are manufactured all over the planet. Local does not automatically mean Good or Bad quality.
I make no assumptions on anything, details are what matters. Knock-off turbos (from China or anywhere) are a concern/problem when being sold as 'authentic' ... Even Garret Distributors ensure Authenticity
A Knock-off price for a Known Knock-off turbo clearly has its market & its buyers, nothing is wrong here.

Sorry for any nitpicking / hairsplitting. I am an Engineer & love details.

Last edited by SyndicatePlus; 03-22-2019 at 01:27 AM.

Quick Reply: UPP T4 top mount twin turbo kit!