C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette c6 ls2 supercharger ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 10:15 PM
Bird69jay
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What is the diffrence in the injectors and how much more should i pay for them do you think?
Old 10-03-2017, 11:24 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by Bird69jay
The hearbeat is the only kit i was thinking of besides centri but i cant find one for ls2 c6. I have seen them for ls3 and7 but not ls2. I read they have better cooling then edelbrock and fit under hood unlike maggie tvs2300. Im really torn i just want to run in the 11 with a reliable set up. But most things i read say go a&a or ecs but then i see lingenfelter using mahgie and edelbrock. I can see pros and cons for both. I just want to pick one and have it last for awhile. I got alot of super charged cobras around here i have to compete with.
well if you're just looking to drag race & do highway pull kind of stuff, then a centri would probably reach your goals quick & cheap (comparatively speaking). if you can't pull an 11 from either setup, somebody done something wrong.

ps - swapping to stock LS3 heads while it's apart wouldn't be a terrible thing & would let you use the better-flowing top mount blower manifold

Last edited by _zebra; 10-03-2017 at 11:24 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:43 PM
CRUSHAH
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, I started out only wanting 600 whp, but it didn't take long for that to change lol! I started with the A&A kit.. S-trim w/intercooler, KB boost-a-pump, 1 7/8 headers, Twin disc clutch and Corsa Extreme exhaust w/hi-flo cats. That put me around 650 whp. Just a warning, the Corsa Extreme is SUPER loud! .. Which is what I was going for though.

Last edited by CRUSHAH; 10-08-2017 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:19 PM
Bird69jay
Instructor

I hear ya. I think i will be good with the 6 to 650 whp lol.trying to keep it daily drivable but will just be wknd cruiser. I am between b&b bullets and corsa extreme. I want it to sound sweet but alittle concerned abou drone with bullets from reviews i have read but i did like how it sounded. I plan on going with arh into catless x then either of 2 exhausts.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:29 PM
Bird69jay
Instructor

I hear ya. I think i will be good with the 6 to 650 whp lol.trying to keep it daily drivable but will just be wknd cruiser. I am between b&b bullets and corsa extreme. I want it to sound sweet but alittle concerned abou drone with bullets from reviews i have read but i did like how it sounded. I plan on going with arh into catless x then either of 2 exhausts.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:43 PM
Bird69jay
Instructor

Magnaflow 15282 Race Series Cat-Back Exhaust for 2005-2011 Chevy Corvette 6.0L & 6.2L. How does this exhaust compare to corsa extreme and b&b bullet kit. Its only 1200 at summit.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:35 PM
CRUSHAH
Burning Brakes

Quick correction, I started with the S trim. You could prob go with a Z06 clutch and still have that streetability you're looking for.

I used to run Magnaflow's on 4th Gen Camaro which sounded pretty good, but it doesn't compare to the Corsa Xtreme. You may just want the reg Corsa, .. It'll def give ya what you're looking for. With my Extreme, I wake up everyone within a 100 yds lol. One of my neighbors even complained that the "rumble" was causing such a vibration, that her power tools were falling off the work bench onto the floor lol!

That's a good sound setup.. 600 hp is alot for the street!.. so a lot of fun awaits you lol.
Old 10-08-2017, 05:19 PM
Bird69jay
Instructor

Thanks bro i cant wait to get it done. Prob spring with income tax return. I am debating between doing exhaust first then getting supercharger done but then i have to pay for 2 tunes. ECS gave me a quote to do both and it was pretty reasonable so i am leaning that way. Yeah i think im going to poney up the extra cash and go with extremes since they say no drone and sound wicked. I try to do stuff just once. Will stock clutch last for a little while or do i have to upgrade at same time. Stock clutch has 14k on it. Thanks for info appreciate the responses from people in the know.
The following users liked this post:
DOUG @ ECS (10-09-2017)
Old 10-08-2017, 07:27 PM
CRUSHAH
Burning Brakes

If I remember correctly, my stock clutch didn't last long at all, and I only had about 10k miles on it. With folks always upgrading, you may find a good deal on a Z06 clutch on any number of Vette sites. Then again, with a twin disc, you'll never have to worry. The worse thing about Mods is the many decisions LOL!

I've heard a lot of good things about ECS.. they may even work out a deal with you.
DOUG @ ECS (10-09-2017)
Old 10-08-2017, 07:54 PM
MARSC6
Le Mans Master

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

The clutch will completely depend on how you drive. My stock clutch lasted years and I only changed it out because it wasn't capable of holding over 700 hp past 6k rpms. While you're at ECS the mantic twin they sell is a great clutch.
DOUG @ ECS (10-09-2017)
Old 10-08-2017, 08:32 PM
Bird69jay
Instructor

Ok thanks guys appreciate it. Let me know if i should have anything else done at that time. Im gonna get supercharger kit, headers and exhaust look into maybe doing clutch and contemplating one of those headshield plates under the car while exhaust is off.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:15 AM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by MARSC6
Originally Posted by CRUSHAH
If I remember correctly, my stock clutch didn't last long at all, and I only had about 10k miles on it. With folks always upgrading, you may find a good deal on a Z06 clutch on any number of Vette sites. Then again, with a twin disc, you'll never have to worry. The worse thing about Mods is the many decisions LOL!

I've heard a lot of good things about ECS.. they may even work out a deal with you.
The clutch will completely depend on how you drive. My stock clutch lasted years and I only changed it out because it wasn't capable of holding over 700 hp past 6k rpms. While you're at ECS the mantic twin they sell is a great clutch.
this. my stock clutch has 70k on it, 25k with the blower putting down mid 500s, but i also rev match & granny shift to the max. that said, a McLeod RXT will be next

Ok thanks guys appreciate it. Let me know if i should have anything else done at that time. Im gonna get supercharger kit, headers and exhaust look into maybe doing clutch and contemplating one of those headshield plates under the car while exhaust is off.
... well if the torque tube's out to do the clutch, you may as well do some poly couplings & a speed bleeder on the slave.
and since the car's in the air & the cradle could easily be dropped completely out, it wouldn't hurt to swap to a C6 cradle... and the shock's're just 4 bolts away from changing in a set of C6Z ones.
you see where this leads?
Old 10-09-2017, 01:07 AM
Bird69jay
Instructor

Yes I do lol.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:06 PM
Lexicon
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I just posted a thread about my 2007 LS2.

Save $ and put on a zo6 exhaust for cheap. I made my own NPP switch. The power difference between that and an expensive exhaust is negligible.

Spend more on your fuel system. I used the 95lb injectors recommended by Andy and put on a second pump that comes on under boost. Putting on the ECS fitting was a pain. The car has a regulator at the tank. I have no issues and don't use a return.

When you have the kit going on, take care of the internal bits. High flow oil pump, Dewitts with oil cooler (buy GM lines from forum), jam cam, billet timing gear, and...most importantly an IW harmonic balancer. The stock units can't be trusted. Pinning the crank was a pain and I found the kit to not work well so I used carbide surgical equipment.

Personally I love the added insurance of pure VP methanol. I spent extra on top end parts as well.

​​​​​​Get the 8 rib direct drive. Zero slip.

I considered the YSI but the V3 is making 11.5 lbs at 6500. I don't think the stock bottom end should be pushed much more.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:23 PM
Twayneo1
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a 2005 LS2, I installed a V3 Si-Trim from A&A. I live in Idaho at 2700 ft. above sea level. I originally ordered it with a 3.6 pulley, but that pulley was exceeding the range of the MAF on our car. I also installed a Summit C2501 harmonic balancer due to the many issues other people had with the stock one.
I currently have 3.8 pulley hitting 8-9psi. I ordered 1 7/8 LG super pro headers (with hi-flow cats) (headers will be ceramic coated), i have an ALKY control kit to install and a new 3.4" pulley for the blower. I really wish i would have done a cam when i had done the blower because it was a lot of work to get the new harmonic balancer on.
A&A has been awesome to work with, Ive called josh and andy at least a dozen times and they have always answered and helped me with each situation.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:27 PM
CRUSHAH
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=_zebra;1595727540]this. my stock clutch has 70k on it, 25k with the blower putting down mid 500s, but i also rev match & granny shift to the max. that said, a McLeod RXT will be next

I've heard good things about the McLeod line. When I bumped up to the T-trim, I ended up going with a Centerforce Twin disc rate at 1300hp. Damn thing "Grabs" like a Pervert lol!
Old 10-09-2017, 05:46 PM
Bird69jay
Instructor

I did not realize that there was so much to do after getting sc installed. Im kinda wondering if i should still go in that direction. I was hoping to keep build around 10 to 12k this spring. Im wondering if i should do katech heads and cam kit for 510 hp for 5k then sc down the road or lmr has reaper kit that says 600hp na. Vengence has a sc kit for around 10k. Ecs kit is 8k. And lingenfelter and livernois around 10k for pd blower. I am not sure if a company has a kit with most upgrades i would need already included or if one of the na kits would be better than sc down the road if i want. I want to keep it driveable and reliable.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette c6 ls2 supercharger ?

Old 10-09-2017, 05:50 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

I did not realize that there was so much to do after getting sc installed. Im kinda wondering if i should still go in that direction. I was hoping to keep build around 10 to 12k this spring. Im wondering if i should do katech heads and cam kit for 510 hp for 5k then sc down the road or lmr has reaper kit that says 600hp na. Vengence has a sc kit for around 10k. Ecs kit is 8k. And lingenfelter and livernois around 10k for pd blower. I am not sure if a company has a kit with most upgrades i would need already included or if one of the na kits would be better than sc down the road if i want. I want to keep it driveable and reliable.

Thanks for considering the ECS kit, if you have time give us a call and lets discuss this in length.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:55 PM
MARSC6
Le Mans Master

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Most just put on the SC kit and run it like that. It includes everything needed to run just fine for the vast majority of people. If you're hard on a clutch you will tear up the stock one with heads/cam as well.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:27 PM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

I would figure out what your long-term goal for the car is first in order to save a lot of time and money down the road. If just a street car, there is nothing wrong with adding just the SC kit and calling it quits.

Quick Reply: Corvette c6 ls2 supercharger ?