C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette c6 ls2 supercharger ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 07:12 PM
Bird69jay
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok thanks guys was hoping to do sc and exhaust this year. Will be mostly streetcar. Thanks for reaching out Doug @ ecs, i will call you guys tomorrow on my lunch break. Appreciate responses with info i want to make the eight decision and i over analyze everuthing.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:41 AM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by Bird69jay
I did not realize that there was so much to do after getting sc installed. Im kinda wondering if i should still go in that direction. I was hoping to keep build around 10 to 12k this spring. Im wondering if i should do katech heads and cam kit for 510 hp for 5k then sc down the road or lmr has reaper kit that says 600hp na. Vengence has a sc kit for around 10k. Ecs kit is 8k. And lingenfelter and livernois around 10k for pd blower. I am not sure if a company has a kit with most upgrades i would need already included or if one of the na kits would be better than sc down the road if i want. I want to keep it driveable and reliable.
we ain't trying to scare you or nothing, but it's fair to give real-world thought processes people have when going down the performance road. if you're doing one of the "all-out performance packages" from the big-name companies you listed, you basically tell them how much power you want, they make it happen (along with the other parts it takes to support that power), and you're pretty much done. yeah, it's usually a little more expensive than buying a sc unit, cam, headers, etc yourself & taking it to a local installer/tuner, but they take the homework & trial/error part off your plate because it's already been tested by them.

Originally Posted by MARSC6
Most just put on the SC kit and run it like that. It includes everything needed to run just fine for the vast majority of people. If you're hard on a clutch you will tear up the stock one with heads/cam as well.
very true. like everybody always says - it's all about how you drive it. and a NA car with the same power is gonna actually be a little rougher to drive & have a narrower power band (...not that that's necessarily bad, just a horse of a different color). for a weekend warrior, even a basic blower on an otherwise stock car making mid-to-upper 500s will be plenty fun.

Originally Posted by Patriot Six
I would figure out what your long-term goal for the car is first in order to save a lot of time and money down the road. If just a street car, there is nothing wrong with adding just the SC kit and calling it quits.
true. and to be honest, you gotta start running better tires, clutch, etc, to effectively put more than 500 to the ground anyway.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:17 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Supercharging is a VERY reliable way to make GREAT POWER! It is the ONLY way to make over 500RWHP and make it drive like stock. I've sold over 500 superchargers to Vette owners and I can tell you having a supercharged Vette is an amazing feeling because of how light the car is.

If your looking for a great deal on a kit with headers give me a call. I can give you a great deal with excellent service.
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, Kooks, Whipple, Magnalow, Corsa, Borla. LG Motorsports, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, AWE Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...

Old 10-11-2017, 06:22 PM
typeav
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

ProCharger P1X

or

Magnuson TVS2300 Heartbeat
Old 10-16-2017, 12:48 AM
BoosTTed C6
Pro

Received 65 Likes on 48 Posts

For 8 years, I had a stock LS2, ECS baby cam, Paxton 1500, meth, fuel system (ditched the boost a pump), and 1 3/4 headers. I drove it like I stole it. It made 760 whpr. Stupid fast - it used to smack around street bikes. Ecs did the install, tune and all maintenance. Never a hiccup. Highly recommend calling ECS. Service after the sale is great.

Only reason It hasn't gone 10 season is I decided to let ECS TT the car. When I get that back, I'll give some feedback.
The following 2 users liked this post by BoosTTed C6:
DOUG @ ECS (12-14-2017), winters97gt (01-05-2018)
Old 10-16-2017, 07:46 AM
Bird69jay
Instructor

Thanks for input glad to hear you got years of use. If im planning on 550 rwhp will i have to upgrade fuel system? What maintenance did they have to do for you just normal plugs and wires flyid changes or is there more involves since being sc. Thanks for info helping me with decision as these parts are not cheap.I am going to call ecs today to see what they say as i am leaning that route. Do they make a heartbeat kit for ls2? @ tps thanks i will let you know when i got money up. I might by kit through you as i see you offer layaway then have ecs install. I will prob buy exhaust first.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bird69jay:
DOUG @ ECS (12-14-2017), sallen619 (12-14-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 03:19 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Thanks for input glad to hear you got years of use. If im planning on 550 rwhp will i have to upgrade fuel system? What maintenance did they have to do for you just normal plugs and wires flyid changes or is there more involves since being sc. Thanks for info helping me with decision as these parts are not cheap.I am going to call ecs today to see what they say as i am leaning that route. Do they make a heartbeat kit for ls2? @ tps thanks i will let you know when i got money up. I might by kit through you as i see you offer layaway then have ecs install. I will prob buy exhaust first.
With your HP goals of 550RWHP there is no need to upgrade the fuel system... the BAP with the stock system and 60LB injectors will be more than enough for you.

There is very little maintenance needed... just check the oil in the headunit every so often and add oil when needed.

Another option we have at TPS is we offer 0% financing for up to 1 year If your short on a little cash to make this happen for you we can help you

And lastly.. they don't make a Heartbeat for the LS2

Last edited by TPSMak; 10-16-2017 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:22 AM
sallen619
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

You would need to switch to LS3 (rectangle port) style cylinder heads for the Heartbeat to work. That is what I will be doing.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:54 PM
Bird69jay
Instructor

That is what I thought from research I have done. Thanks. I was looking at h/c/i, twin turbo, heartbeat and ECS system. I think i am going ecs and headers this spring. I will keep it at 550 to 575 rwhp. What is your reasoning for heartbeat over other kits? Do you think it is worth the addes price of switching heads? Thanks for input.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:34 PM
southspeed
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I just got done with my ecs setup. Made 675 through a 6l80 with a 3600 converter. Pretty conservative setup.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:55 PM
Bird69jay
Instructor

Nice! I am guessing thats with meth? I think I am going to go no meth until i forge the motor later on then add a meth kit and more power. I hope to get some years out of it with the conservative set up. I kinda wish I would of went auto too as I hear they are quicker. I bet your car is a beast now.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:36 PM
southspeed
Burning Brakes

Yes that is with single nozzle meth. There is no e85 around here so it's really my only option for octane. It is an absolute blast, I need tires though haha.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:32 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

That is what I thought from research I have done. Thanks. I was looking at h/c/i, twin turbo, heartbeat and ECS system. I think i am going ecs and headers this spring. I will keep it at 550 to 575 rwhp. What is your reasoning for heartbeat over other kits? Do you think it is worth the addes price of switching heads? Thanks for input.
heartbeat has a better-flowing manifold than the regular model (at lower boost levels) & a more-efficient twin intercooler setup. the downside is that it's a front drive that the only way to spin it faster is to go with a small pulley (more prone to belt slip) as opposed to overdriving the rear with a big pulley up front.
the LS3 heads flow better & usually pick up ~30hp on a stock LS2 alone (well... also LS3 intake), so it would definitely be worth it. also consider that the heartbeat fits under the stock hood.

Originally Posted by southspeed
Yes that is with single nozzle meth. There is no e85 around here so it's really my only option for octane. It is an absolute blast, I need tires though haha.
my LS1's at 540 to the wheels for the last 5yrs with no meth... he'll be fine.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:15 AM
sallen619
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

I already had a H/C/I car...and I loved it. I lost that car in an accident. When I got this one, I didn't want to build the same car again. I got a deal on a used Heartbeat from a forum member. It is 50 state legal and I am in California. I had done a lot of reading on the Hearbeat and I liked what I saw. Also, there are probably not a lot of LS2 cars running around with a Heartbeat supercharger so that was appealing also. With that said, I was also looking to buy an A&A "Newsed" kit also but this deal came up 1st.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:33 PM
southspeed
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by _zebra
heartbeat has a better-flowing manifold than the regular model (at lower boost levels) & a more-efficient twin intercooler setup. the downside is that it's a front drive that the only way to spin it faster is to go with a small pulley (more prone to belt slip) as opposed to overdriving the rear with a big pulley up front.
the LS3 heads flow better & usually pick up ~30hp on a stock LS2 alone (well... also LS3 intake), so it would definitely be worth it. also consider that the heartbeat fits under the stock hood.

my LS1's at 540 to the wheels for the last 5yrs with no meth... he'll be fine.
I agree he will be fine....that power level will not require meth.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:12 PM
grocerygetter
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

Don't need headers either. Snag some ls7 manifolds and x.
Old 01-05-2018, 05:39 PM
LSX228R
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Just the A&A or ECS kit will do 550rwhp. Headers will only add another 20 but they improve sound and you also wouldn't have to worry about the cats failing.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette c6 ls2 supercharger ?

Old 01-05-2018, 07:12 PM
Bird69jay
Instructor

Thanks guys appreciate all the feedback and info. I plan to go with basic ecs with headers not sure if im going cats or not. I have heard peoples opinions for and against them. I will probably go with ecs recommendations on that.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:12 AM
LSX228R
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Thanks guys appreciate all the feedback and info. I plan to go with basic ecs with headers not sure if im going cats or not. I have heard peoples opinions for and against them. I will probably go with ecs recommendations on that.
I ran mine with cats for a little while. Then I got rid of them because I didn't want to take the risk. I believe it did 540 with stock manifolds and cats, then 560+ w/ long tubes and no cats.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:50 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

I blew out my cats with just a blower kit on my LS3 in a few weeks at 570rwhp about 8 years ago. The car was being beat on hard. Had no idea until I got it back on the dyno. I would not run cats on any blower car and haven’t on my cars since.

OBX 1 7/8 headers are great and half the price of big name brands. And they make power with great fit and finish.

Quick Reply: Corvette c6 ls2 supercharger ?