C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW PRODUCT for METH HEADS

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 08:08 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

Default NEW PRODUCT for METH HEADS

This is for model years 2001 - 2007 with the plastic MAF sensor.
These are prone to breaking in two pieces and we have not found an Epoxy that will stick to whatever material they are made from.
I've been making a MAF girdle that actually bolts the two halves together and makes them indestuctable for a few years now. The problem is that when you add Methanol Injection you need a coupler from the MAF tube to the MAF, another coupler to a short piece of tubing so you can install the nozzle and IAT sensor and then another coupler to the throttle body.
That's a lot of couplers and clamps and you end up with a very short tube for the nozzle and sensor.
Now we make a longer MAF girdle that repairs and reinforces the MAF AND extends all the way to the throttle body, giving plenty of room for a Meth nozzle (or two) and a properly located IAT sensor.
It's the cleanest way to plumb your Meth injection. The tube is machined from 5" diameter aluminum bar stock, not tube or pipe.
Each one is something stupid like 10 pounds to start with. What's left is plenty thick enough to tap threads for the IAT sensor. What's great is there is enough length to make sure the IAT sensor is placed in a position where the Meth will reach it for a true IAT reading.
If you're not running Meth, the short version will repair your MAF and stop it from ever happening again. It's also good preventative medicine for anyone running the plastic MAF.
We also see a lot of the plastic MAFS crushed by guys who get alittle too exuberant tightening the clamps.
Attached Images      

A&A CORVETTE
477 LAMBERT ST
OXNARD CA 93036
WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS
HOME OF THE WORLDS FIRST
CENTRIFUGALLY SUPERCHARGED C7

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Andy@AACorvette.com 805- 278 4107
Old 10-27-2017, 07:27 PM
DubsAndSubs
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool, I was gonna do something like this myself, but your way is prettier. Pricing?
Old 10-27-2017, 10:51 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Looks nice
Old 10-28-2017, 02:18 PM
EnviedC6
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Will there be an option to have the meth and IAT ports included? I think this would be a great option! You guys are always innovating, which is refreshing to see. Instead of releasing a product and saying "yeah this is fine.." you guys continue to improve your products!
Old 10-29-2017, 10:26 AM
Andy@A&ACorvette

Originally Posted by DubsAndSubs
Cool, I was gonna do something like this myself, but your way is prettier. Pricing?
The long one will be $149, including the silicone coupler and clamps.

Originally Posted by EnviedC6
Will there be an option to have the meth and IAT ports included? I think this would be a great option! You guys are always innovating, which is refreshing to see. Instead of releasing a product and saying "yeah this is fine.." you guys continue to improve your products!
Sure, we'll be doing that.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:53 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy@A&ACorvette
The long one will be $149, including the silicone coupler and clamps.

Sure, we'll be doing that.
Have you found there is enough room for alky control meth nozzles between the current card-style MAF location? I'm spraying one nozzle in the coupler, which doesn't seem ideal. IAT is in the manifold.

I've considered moving the card-style MAF forward a bit but I'm not sure if that would cause issues that can't be corrected with recalibration of the MAF table (turbulence?).
Old 10-30-2017, 11:59 PM
Twayneo1
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I wish i would have known this was available two weeks ago before i drilled my intake pipe for the meth nozzle!!!
Old 10-31-2017, 12:11 AM
Twayneo1
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

when will this be available?
And if i have already ruined my intake tube that came with the v3 si LS2 kit do i need to by a shorter intake tube to go with this?
Old 11-01-2017, 01:31 PM
Sergio8A
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for mine Andy, I LOVE it and looks way better than before.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:54 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette

Originally Posted by Twayneo1
when will this be available?
And if i have already ruined my intake tube that came with the v3 si LS2 kit do i need to by a shorter intake tube to go with this?
They are in stock (polished) I need to send a batch out for powder coating though.

You do need to shorten the original tube. We can cut and bead roll the end for you at no charge.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:55 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette

Originally Posted by Tech
Have you found there is enough room for alky control meth nozzles between the current card-style MAF location? I'm spraying one nozzle in the coupler, which doesn't seem ideal. IAT is in the manifold.

I've considered moving the card-style MAF forward a bit but I'm not sure if that would cause issues that can't be corrected with recalibration of the MAF table (turbulence?).
If the IAT is in the manifold, you should have room for the meth nozzle.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:33 PM
Quick2
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice Andy, a lot cleaner look. I will be getting one. On my current setup, I always wished that I had more room between my meth nozzle and IAT. Although it was working good, this is better.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:37 PM
darknit
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I could have used this a year ago... I have a broken ls2 maf sitting in my garage if someone needs it... ending up converting to ls3 lingenfelter maf
Old 11-14-2017, 12:28 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Looks like a nice piece. I’m glad you guys to continue to produce updated products for the lonely C5/6 guys.

The logs/testing we have seen still results in an distribution of meth through the cylinders. In my builds, the dual meth has always been together on a dual setup eliminating the maf, just speed density. Has this shown any tuning gains?
Old 11-14-2017, 03:19 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

An "'even" or "uneven" distribution? Looks like you're missing a word or two in your post which makes it difficult to understand.

Last edited by schpenxel; 11-14-2017 at 03:20 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:15 PM
UTGS
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anything in the works for card style MAF tubes? About to install meth on my 2010. Looks doable to put the IAT and nozzle after the MAF but wondering if you are cooking up something better.

Get notified of new replies

To NEW PRODUCT for METH HEADS

Quick Reply: NEW PRODUCT for METH HEADS