C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock e-Force expectations?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 11:10 PM
mikecronis
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Edelbrock e-Force expectations?

I have a 2012 GS M6 (dry sump) bone-stock w/NPP. Was thinking to spring for an e-Force supercharger. Prices for my setup tend to run a bit higher than the other ones, possibly due to the additional plumbing.

Aside from the kit itself, having someone install the kit and send-in the ECM for the included tune, what would labor run in Colorado?

Can anyone recommend an installer in the Springs?

Should I have it tuned by Edelbrock by sending in the ECU or should I have the installer dyno-tune?

Last edited by mikecronis; 10-26-2017 at 11:11 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:56 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by mikecronis
I have a 2012 GS M6 (dry sump) bone-stock w/NPP. Was thinking to spring for an e-Force supercharger. Prices for my setup tend to run a bit higher than the other ones, possibly due to the additional plumbing.

Aside from the kit itself, having someone install the kit and send-in the ECM for the included tune, what would labor run in Colorado?

Should I have it tuned by Edelbrock by sending in the ECU or should I have the installer dyno-tune?
Can't help you with pricing in your area.

You're asking pretty open ended questions, so I'll give you what I believe to be the consensus is in this forum, but I will caveat it with... I'm assuming you just want a bump in power for a reasonable (as far as boosting goes) price and minimal maintenance.

Between the Edelbrock, Magnuson Heartbeat, ECS or A&A supercharger kits, the Edelbrock is the least desirable. If you're dead set on a PD blower, take a look at the Magnuson Heartbeat.

If you don't care if the blower is PD or centrifugal, look at ECS and A&A offerings. You'll get the most bang for the buck with those. ECS or A&A can recommend an installer in your area.

Any of the 4 options will be relatively reliable and the installation and tuning of the base kits is roughly the same. In my opinion, you should definitely opt for the tuner versions of the kits to select your own fuel system upgrades and have your own competent tuner calibrate for it. The stuff that comes with the non-tuner kits is fine for base kits, but it's not much more to get better parts that will grow with you if you get the itch to turn up the power.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:05 PM
mikecronis
Racer

Originally Posted by Tech
Can't help you with pricing in your area.

You're asking pretty open ended questions, so I'll give you what I believe to be the consensus is in this forum, but I will caveat it with... I'm assuming you just want a bump in power for a reasonable (as far as boosting goes) price and minimal maintenance.

Between the Edelbrock, Magnuson Heartbeat, ECS or A&A supercharger kits, the Edelbrock is the least desirable. If you're dead set on a PD blower, take a look at the Magnuson Heartbeat.

If you don't care if the blower is PD or centrifugal, look at ECS and A&A offerings. You'll get the most bang for the buck with those. ECS or A&A can recommend an installer in your area.

Any of the 4 options will be relatively reliable and the installation and tuning of the base kits is roughly the same. In my opinion, you should definitely opt for the tuner versions of the kits to select your own fuel system upgrades and have your own competent tuner calibrate for it. The stuff that comes with the non-tuner kits is fine for base kits, but it's not much more to get better parts that will grow with you if you get the itch to turn up the power.
Biggest concern is hood-clearance since I have a 100th and want to keep the OEM hood. I think only the e-Force fits.

I'm suspecting $1700 installation.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:32 PM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 286 Posts

All of them will fit with stock hood.

I agree with what Tech said, FWIW.

I would definitely go with a local dyno tune, if you have a good tuner around...

I wouldn't go with the lowest installation estimate - find a recommended shop if you can, possibly a shop that will tune it also.
Biggest concern is hood-clearance since I have a 100th and want to keep the OEM hood. I think only the e-Force fits.

I'm suspecting $1700 installation.

Last edited by Chiselchst; 10-27-2017 at 05:33 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:38 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

All the units mentioned are good. It depends on your goals. Any of them would be better off tuned by a good tuner, rather than the canned tune supplied.

Speaking as someone who owned one for years, the eforce is a great blower. Lots of fun torque and trouble free. The upside to a centri is it is more upgradable and can make more power if you decide you want more.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:01 PM
mikecronis
Racer

Originally Posted by realcanuk
All the units mentioned are good. It depends on your goals. Any of them would be better off tuned by a good tuner, rather than the canned tune supplied.

Speaking as someone who owned one for years, the eforce is a great blower. Lots of fun torque and trouble free. The upside to a centri is it is more upgradable and can make more power if you decide you want more.
Magneson Heartbeat indicates that you cannot use the stock hood.

The e-Force Stage 1 doesn't over-voltage the stock fuel pump like the Stage 2 does.

Local shop quoted me $3200 but recommended twin-turbo. I've found the non-linear power surge is not pleasant in turns with a Saturn Sky Redline GMPP Edition at 24 PSI; too active a rear and the sudden rush of power needed to be feathered with throttle carefully.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:37 AM
petsur
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

Call Trent at Colorado Performance Unlimited in Brighton. Just does LS stuff, tunes as well and has reasonable shop rates.
Old 10-28-2017, 10:32 AM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

You can, many here have. Including me. You can buy the lowering engine mounts if hood liner contact occurs but not a big deal to anyone here that I am aware of...

Old 10-28-2017, 11:57 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

The e-Force Stage 1 doesn't over-voltage the stock fuel pump like the Stage 2 does.

Local shop quoted me $3200 but recommended twin-turbo. I've found the non-linear power surge is not pleasant in turns with a Saturn Sky Redline GMPP Edition at 24 PSI; too active a rear and the sudden rush of power needed to be feathered with throttle carefully.
Where did you see that? The Heartbeat was specifically designed to fit under the stock C6 hood.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:10 PM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

...'betcha he's thinking of (or read) about the old jack-shaft Maggie's, like Callaway uses?

Originally Posted by CI GS
Where did you see that? The Heartbeat was specifically designed to fit under the stock C6 hood.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:06 PM
MYCoupe
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts

Taken from the Magnuson website when referencing the Heartbeat Supercharger System for the LS3 Corvette:

"Clears the factory Corvette hood and requires no body modifications (* requires removal of the hood liner, or maintain the factory hood liner with 0.25" subframe spacers from Lingenfelter)"

Last edited by MYCoupe; 10-28-2017 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-29-2017, 04:33 AM
c5mtl
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

I have a c6z eforce and a f1x c5...if your looking to make about 600hp I would pick the centrifugal supercharger.....eforce is fun but that whine of the gears just kills it for me.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:14 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by MYCoupe
Taken from the Magnuson website when referencing the Heartbeat Supercharger System for the LS3 Corvette:

"Clears the factory Corvette hood and requires no body modifications (* requires removal of the hood liner, or maintain the factory hood liner with 0.25" subframe spacers from Lingenfelter)"
Yeah, if you don’t want the intake bellows putting a couple of small dents in your hood liner, you can add the subframe spacers. I don’t know anyone that’s done that though...
Old 10-29-2017, 09:59 PM
grady
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 81 Posts

I have the 599 eforce kit. The price was ~$8500 for the kit and ~$2500 for the install but they did the headers while they were in there.

The kit does fit under the hood but I do have the Edlebrock script indented in the hood liner.

Subsequently, I did the smaller 3” pulley, larger injectors and cam and have 605/614 at the wheels. Looking to go with e85 for another 50ish hp.
Old 11-01-2017, 02:29 PM
bonecrrusher
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I have the 599 kit - on 3.25" pulley.

LS9 cam.

CNC Ported LS3 Heads.

Manual trans.

I am currently making 580 RWHP.

I am now going 3" pulley, e85, and an external pump - I'll be getting it retuned in a few weeks.
The following users liked this post:
sallen619 (12-14-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 12:56 PM
darkknight91
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I made 660whp in a hot dyno and didnt even use my ice box properly. I threw the smallest pulley edelbrock makes and im on a stock cam stock heads just e85 fuel system and cooling upgrades as well. However, in installing the smallest pulley I now fry alternators like eggs and grits. So beware when pushing the limits.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:31 PM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Can you explain? I don't follow how that could happen? Just trying to learn here...

Originally Posted by darkknight91
However, in installing the smallest pulley I now fry alternators like eggs and grits. So beware when pushing the limits.

Get notified of new replies

To Edelbrock e-Force expectations?

Old 11-07-2017, 02:29 PM
darkknight91
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chiselchst
Can you explain? I don't follow how that could happen? Just trying to learn here...

ofcourse, so all the pulleys are on the same belt. if you spin the blower more, youre not only spinning the blower more, youre spininng everything else on the belt more as well.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:33 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Ran an eforce for years, from 500s to mid 700 rwhp, and never had an alternator issue. I would think only changing the crank pulley would effect the alternator speed. Doubt the blower pulley was the cause of that issue.
speedz06 (11-23-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 03:11 PM
RDP Store
Supporting Vendor

Received 195 Likes on 171 Posts

An Eforce would be a great addition to your GS....it is our go to supercharger in our work shop because of the fit and finish, the packaging is even impressive. Edelbrock has spent the dollars to bring forth a world class kit. It has OEM like fit and finish, no cutting up of your car at all. Yes they make great power just as good as the big bad whipples. The eforce has the best water to air intercooler as well. Install should be in that $1500 ballpark with dyno tuning

Last edited by RDP Store; 11-07-2017 at 03:12 PM.
sallen619 (12-14-2017)

Quick Reply: Edelbrock e-Force expectations?