C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Innovaters West OD pulley issue?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 03:07 PM
WickdGS
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ysb02
There's a lip between them but the belt may be rubbing before it goes into the grooves:
That definitely looks better than the first pic.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:09 PM
WickdGS
Advanced

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Obviously alignment is very important for all the belts.....

I used to get noise from my AC belt, for a few seconds whenever I turned on the AC, or started the car with the AC on.

I changed the belt for a Continental Elite (old gatorback) and changed the AC tensioner for a new supposed heavy duty one. It is supposed to be stronger, but it might just be that my original one got weaker with time, because it did feel stronger when checked manually.

Since then never a peep out of the belt.

I would think that alignment for the a/c compressor would be true with the factory stud and shouldered bolts seating it properly.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:47 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts

Did you ever figure something out? I'd wonder if the a/c is some how mis-aligned making the belt walk forward.

Also have you used laser to confirm from the p/s pulley to the balancer, I've seen a few over the years that the p/s pulley wouldn't press on deep enough to line up until the hub was cut down a little on lathe.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:00 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

Any update?
Old 01-21-2018, 02:45 PM
WickdGS
Advanced

No updates to give. I’ve barely touched the car the last two months.

Any of you guys installing these had a chance to get any measurements?
Old 01-21-2018, 03:41 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by WickdGS
No updates to give. I’ve barely touched the car the last two months.

Any of you guys installing these had a chance to get any measurements?
I don't have a motor to install it on currently. I can measure whatever you want off the car, if that would be of any help.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:59 AM
WickdGS
Advanced

I thought I should give a little update to this. After no luck with fixing the issue and being firm in believing the IW balancer was causing my problems I decided to pull the trigger on an ATI balancer. After a week and a half, two trips to the track and 8 passes the main belt is doing great and QUIET. The a/c belt has also giving me no issues unlike before. I'm a skeptic and I hope I'm not shooting myself in the foot, but I think I can finally say I've resolved my belt problems.

Shout out to Tech and the guys at A&A for their help in getting me dimensions on their IW balancers to compare to mine. My original thought was I somehow got a improperly machined piece but after comparing measurements with them I disproved that idea.

The new ATI balancer measured out to be .025-30 further away from the engine than the IW. I know that's hardly any difference but it is different in the direction I needed. Unfortunately ATI only makes a 10rib 10% overdrive dry sump balancer so some might say it's not 100% apples to apples now that I have 2 unused ribs, but I see no signs of movement or wear on the side of the 8 rib belt so I'm happy!
Old 03-11-2018, 12:10 PM
WickdGS
Advanced

Old 03-13-2018, 10:33 AM
ESSFO
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I've lost two AC belts so far with this pulley. One was at high RPM and it took out the SC belt also.

Quick Reply: Innovaters West OD pulley issue?