C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-Force install

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 05:59 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by bad1968ss
Having hands on built my home back in 94 I was generous to myself with ample space in the garage area but back then I did not consider a install of a lift. I built a 38'L x 28'w 1 1/2 story a-frame attached garage and will have to modify it for the height of the lift. My plan is to increase the height for the lift on the drive-thru side by taking out the 2nd floor in that area. Installing the lift in the center of the 38' span will allow me enough room to park a car on either side of the lift when not in use. Here is a few pics when I modified 1/2 the garage into a large paint booth.
Why not use a mid-lift like the JaxMax by Danmar? It’s even portable, although I’ve left mine in place, since I’m too lazy to mess with removing it and installing it when I need it. I had the same problem you have (actually even less ceiling height, I think), except that I had a 8” thick concrete slab for a ceiling and 4 storeys of building on top of my garage, so I had to find a solution. The Max Jax was the perfect height for me. With the MaxJax on the highest setting and some rolling creeper seats (picture below) that I bought from Summit, I can sit and roll under the car by slightly tilting my head back. I find that much more comfortable than standing under a full height lift or even lying on a creeper.
Here’s a couple of pics of my car on the lift, with it at the highest setting:
Attached Images   
Old 12-06-2017, 06:17 PM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,689 Likes on 2,988 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by CI GS
Why not use a mid-lift like the JaxMax by Danmar? It’s even portable, although I’ve left mine in place, since I’m too lazy to mess with removing it and installing it when I need it. I had the same problem you have (actually even less ceiling height, I think), except that I had a 8” thick concrete slab for a ceiling and 4 storeys of building on top of my garage, so I had to find a solution. The Max Jax was the perfect height for me. With the MaxJax on the highest setting and some rolling creeper seats (picture below) that I bought from Summit, I can sit and roll under the car by slightly tilting my head back. I find that much more comfortable than standing under a full height lift or even lying on a creeper.
What is your ceiling height in those pics? Thanks
Old 12-06-2017, 08:46 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

CI GS<<< Looks good!!! I though about the maxjax. I can install a full size lift up to 11' from my rear garage door to achieve the same height as the maxjax without having to take the 2nd floor out. Granted the columns would have to be between the 2nd floor joist, that would be a easy way for me to do it. On a side note bendpak is about to release some new lifts to compete with the maxjax. They also have some group buys setup if you search around.
http://www.bendpak.com/GrandPrix-Car...7-Two-Post.pdf
Attached Images  
Old 12-06-2017, 09:40 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 449er
What is your ceiling height in those pics? Thanks
I would have to measure it to tell you the exact height, but I would guess about 8’.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:43 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by bad1968ss
CI GS<<< Looks good!!! I though about the maxjax. I can install a full size lift up to 11' from my rear garage door to achieve the same height as the maxjax without having to take the 2nd floor out. Granted the columns would have to be between the 2nd floor joist, that would be a easy way for me to do it. On a side note bendpak is about to release some new lifts to compete with the maxjax. They also have some group buys setup if you search around.
http://www.bendpak.com/GrandPrix-Car...7-Two-Post.pdf
Thanks. That’s awesome. I like the fact that the bendpak has a cross beam. That must make it stronger. The MaxJax is supposed to lift up to 6000lbs., but I haven’t used it for anything other than the Vette.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:59 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I have a Max Jax. I had a full size two post. They don't compare. And saying Max Jax is portable is a stretch. It is movable to store but not portable per say. Now my quick jack is portable. Can use it anywhere. Even the track.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:11 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Thanks. That’s awesome. I like the fact that the bendpak has a cross beam. That must make it stronger. The MaxJax is supposed to lift up to 6000lbs., but I haven’t used it for anything other than the Vette.
Yes top plates help reinforce the columns to some degree but the design is to also have the hydraulics and cables above for a clear floor span. Even though bendpak is about to release a 8'10" height lift I still fall short of using it, my ceiling height 8'6". My 2nd floor two room 14'6" x 28' space is what some call a man cave and so on. I will probably just cut it in half to reach full height of a lift.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:27 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Unreal
I have a Max Jax. I had a full size two post. They don't compare. And saying Max Jax is portable is a stretch. It is movable to store but not portable per say. Now my quick jack is portable. Can use it anywhere. Even the track.
I am sure if I went with maxjax it would not have been a portable setup on my end, I would have done the mod other have done. The quick jack is neat and portable as you stated.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:00 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

I obviously wasn’t suggesting that the MaxJax is something you can lug around in a backpack. It’s advertised as being “portable”, but it’s better described as moveable, in that, if you want it out of the way, you can pull the bolts holding each column to the floor in a few minutes and wheel it away very easily (it has little wheels on the mounting flange). I don’t have anything to compare it to. I’m sure it’s not the top of the line, bigdickdaddy model when it comes to lifts, but it was reasonably priced ($2400) and has worked flawlessly for me. I looked at the quick jack and some other scissors type jacking system, but what I don’t like about those is that they’re under the car with you, taking up space, and most of them don’t have enough lift that you can sit upright under the car. I still haven’t come across another two post lift that can fit in the space that I have, including the lowest of those new bendpacks, and I have the option of removing it in minutes, if I need too. So, to each his own. The purpose of my post was merely to point out to the OP that instead of tearing out a ceiling or doing other major construction work, a mid-lift two post like the maxjax was an option.

Last edited by CI GS; 12-07-2017 at 11:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
rc51racer (11-17-2020)
Old 12-07-2017, 12:52 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

I obviously wasn’t suggesting that the MaxJax is something you can lug around in a backpack for Christsakes. It’s advertised as being “portable” but it’s better described as moveable, in that, if you want it out of the way, you can pull the bolts holding each column to the floor in a few minutes and wheel it away very easily (it has little wheels on the mounting flange). I don’t have anything to compare it to. I’m sure it’s not the top of the line, bigdickdaddy model when it comes to lifts, but it was reasonably priced ($2400) and has worked flawlessly for me. I looked at the quick jack and some other scissors type jacking system, but what I don’t like about those is that they’re under the car with you, taking up space, and most of them don’t have enough lift that you can sit upright under the car. I still haven’t come across another two post lift that can fit in the space that I have, including the lowest of those new bendpacks, and I have the option of removing it in minutes, if I need too. So, to each his own. The purpose of my post was merely to point out to the OP that instead of tearing out a ceiling or doing other major construction work, a mid-lift two post like the maxjax was an option.
Myself I did not take your suggestion to consider the maxjax anything other than a quick and convenient solution to add a lift in my garage with the ability to remove. Actually the maxjax has been #2 on my list for a lift, as most know when it comes to portable shop equipment they are still heavy and bulky. In my opinion after you posted the pics of your garage you made a good decision by installing a maxjax. My comment "would not have been a portable setup on my end" was only to state that I would mod it with hoses above and attach the lift pump to the column. It is a bit of work to make the changes needed in my garage but it's nothing new to me. I am in the process of removing a 6' x 8' walk in cooler out of the garage that I build for my son's use. The E-Force kit arrived, time to examine and make sure nothing is missing.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:23 PM
Cockroach
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 97 Posts

Your garage looks like your a high roller with major paper, WTF! were you doing? and why? seems like you could pay a poor slob like me to do whatever you were doing.LOL
Old 12-07-2017, 11:44 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Cockroach
Your garage looks like your a high roller with major paper, WTF! were you doing? and why? seems like you could pay a poor slob like me to do whatever you were doing.LOL
Nope, I’m just a poor working slob like everyone else. That was from a couple of years back when I pulled the diff and trans out and swapped in a Z06 diff and an FTI 3600 stall converter. I needed all of that **** because I didn’t have an extra set of hands.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:55 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Max Jaxs are great for limited height situations, but after having both, it isn't nearly as nice as a normal 2 post lift, that can also be had for $1400 or so. If you don't need to move it, and can fit a full size, do it. They are faster, safer, more capacity.
Old 08-03-2023, 09:42 PM
Mikey965
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Yep, the powerbond 8 rib can only be used as a 6 rib as the extra ribs are in the wrong spot.
why would they add 2 ribs in the wrong spot. No other pulley can add 2 ribs towards the motor, there should only be 1 direction they could add the 2.
Old 08-06-2023, 11:04 AM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Received 1,312 Likes on 884 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey965
why would they add 2 ribs in the wrong spot. No other pulley can add 2 ribs towards the motor, there should only be 1 direction they could add the 2.
Last post in this thread was in 2017.
Old 08-06-2023, 08:12 PM
Mikey965
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spaceme1117
Last post in this thread was in 2017.
i realize that, figured someone may have some input still.

Quick Reply: E-Force install