C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel system on a budget......lil I know!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 04:50 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 109 Likes on 100 Posts

Default Fuel system on a budget......lil I know!

Driveline is out for clutch install....no better time to do a fuel system upgrade. Going to pulley down to a 3.4" pulley on my ti-trim/meth/93 Ls2. Wanting to put 2 walbro 450's intank....who makes a good double hanger setup?
Old 12-04-2017, 05:34 PM
ZincGT
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by C U IN REARVEIW
Driveline is out for clutch install....no better time to do a fuel system upgrade. Going to pulley down to a 3.4" pulley on my ti-trim/meth/93 Ls2. Wanting to put 2 walbro 450's intank....who makes a good double hanger setup?
Fore is the only one I know of, I tried doing a drop in 450 and had nothing but issues with fuel transfer between the two tanks (even with the lingenfelter plugs) and fuel pressure (not sure what was going on) I ended up doing on magnafuel 750 that draws from both tanks.

as far as budget goes, adding a pump on a hoobs switch or rpm switch is the most budget friendly, leave the stock pump alone and tap the back of the tank like A&A and connect back to the factory line like ECS and you are good to go. There is a local guy that has an a1000 setup like that with his 2200R and I have had good luck with the AEM 380 on two cars.
The following users liked this post:
DOUG @ ECS (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 06:16 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by ZincGT
Fore is the only one I know of, I tried doing a drop in 450 and had nothing but issues with fuel transfer between the two tanks (even with the lingenfelter plugs) and fuel pressure (not sure what was going on) I ended up doing on magnafuel 750 that draws from both tanks.

as far as budget goes, adding a pump on a hoobs switch or rpm switch is the most budget friendly, leave the stock pump alone and tap the back of the tank like A&A and connect back to the factory line like ECS and you are good to go. There is a local guy that has an a1000 setup like that with his 2200R and I have had good luck with the AEM 380 on two cars.
Thank you for the referral.

If I can make a suggestion, if you do not want to buy our entire fuel system, which really is priced very well IMHO and is all pre-made ready to go without having to drop the tanks, at least buy our fuel block for the gas tank.
Just tapping the tank is NOT the correct way to get you fuel supply, I have never seen one in here yet that didn't weep around the fitting.

As they say, "there's a right way to it, and a wrong way".
Old 12-04-2017, 06:30 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Agree with Doug. His stage 1 system is easy to install and works great. The supplied bulkhead fitting is the only way I would do it.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:33 PM
ZincGT
Racer

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Thank you for the referral.

If I can make a suggestion, if you do not want to buy our entire fuel system, which really is priced very well IMHO and is all pre-made ready to go without having to drop the tanks, at least buy our fuel block for the gas tank.
Just tapping the tank is NOT the correct way to get you fuel supply, I have never seen one in here yet that didn't weep around the fitting.

As they say, "there's a right way to it, and a wrong way".
probably not the best way to do it for sure, this kit makes it easy to upgrade to a return style system in the future.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:55 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Agree with Doug. His stage 1 system is easy to install and works great. The supplied bulkhead fitting is the only way I would do it.
I have been speaking with my tuner (Bret Bradberry) and he is partial to a dual walbro in-tank setup and builds setups to make it work.....just not excited about pulling the tanks. But now is the time to do it.....if I want to go that route.....I like the idea of keeping everything in the tanks....but?
Old 12-04-2017, 10:48 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I must have the only drilled tank w/fittings that doesn't leak. So far so good on mine

I agree the ECS block is the better way to go though, if it had been a bit less money I would have used one for sure
Old 12-05-2017, 08:05 AM
gameover4
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
I must have the only drilled tank w/fittings that doesn't leak. So far so good on mine

I agree the ECS block is the better way to go though, if it had been a bit less money I would have used one for sure
mine from A&A doesnt leak at all either. Take time tapping tank and installing fitting and not putting line in a bind there wont be issues.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:19 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Yeah that’s what I did too. Was really careful not to make the hole too big and only tapped it barely enough to get a fitting started and let the fitting cut the rest. Then used clamps to keep the lines from moving around.

It works but ECS block is still preferable IMO
Old 12-05-2017, 08:55 AM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Fore hanger or the ECS block. Wouldn't do anything else. I stuck two 450s in the tank with a fore hanger myself. Dropping the tanks with the driveline in isn't bad at all, but since you have it out there are no excuses

If you do go the dual 450s route keep in mind you'll need to prime your car before starting it if it's been sitting for a little while unless you install a checkvalve in the feed line.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:30 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by sevinn
Fore hanger or the ECS block. Wouldn't do anything else. I stuck two 450s in the tank with a fore hanger myself. Dropping the tanks with the driveline in isn't bad at all, but since you have it out there are no excuses

If you do go the dual 450s route keep in mind you'll need to prime your car before starting it if it's been sitting for a little while unless you install a checkvalve in the feed line.
You mean just hit start button w/o clutch pushed in?
Old 12-05-2017, 04:31 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Originally Posted by C U IN REARVEIW
You mean just hit start button w/o clutch pushed in?
Yeah. It will crank if you don't it will just take a little while while it builds pressure. No biggy really.

Last edited by sevinn; 12-05-2017 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:57 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by sevinn
Yeah. It will crank if you don't it will just take a little while while it builds pressure. No biggy really.
It's just a weekend warrior.....so I can deal with that....thanks
Old 12-06-2017, 08:42 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Can also turn the prime time up in the tune, I think stock is 2 seconds, I switched mine to 5 I think. It only seems to really apply if you hit start button w/o clutch being pushed down but I've just gotten in the habit of doing that if it's been sitting for a few days.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:45 AM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Can also turn the prime time up in the tune, I think stock is 2 seconds, I switched mine to 5 I think. It only seems to really apply if you hit start button w/o clutch being pushed down but I've just gotten in the habit of doing that if it's been sitting for a few days.
Yeah I did the same with the prime time. Like I said it will actually crank it's just like an old carbed car on the choke. It's only a problem when someone else drives the car. I inevitably get asked what is wrong with it lol
Old 12-06-2017, 11:15 AM
Ant-Man
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Just do an aux setup, you can make your own like the ECS s1. However since you have the drivetrain out do intanks and a trans brace

Last edited by Ant-Man; 12-06-2017 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:22 AM
ZincGT
Racer

The two I have done dont leak
The following users liked this post:
schpenxel (12-06-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel system on a budget......lil I know!

Old 12-06-2017, 09:08 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Ant-Man
Just do an aux setup, you can make your own like the ECS s1. However since you have the drivetrain out do intanks and a trans brace
I've decided to do dual walbro 450's and my ecs trans brace will be here monday
Old 12-06-2017, 10:11 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

My car fires up instantly. Even sitting for a month. Zero issues with priming.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:14 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Originally Posted by Unreal
My car fires up instantly. Even sitting for a month. Zero issues with priming.
Is your return above your rails?

Quick Reply: Fuel system on a budget......lil I know!