C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DRY 100 shot on H/C/I/E Z06

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 09:39 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 896 Likes on 685 Posts
Default DRY 100 shot on H/C/I/E Z06

I’ve been trying to extract a little more power out of my setup for a little while now. Recently changed the cam and picked up some good power but was pretty much maxed out on power output. My compression is too high and still on a stock bottom end, so I decided to try a DRY shot. Read up as much as I could on it before I made the purchase. I wanted a basic setup and originally planned to do just a 50 shot with a 2.5lb bottle hidden somewhere in the car. The Nitrous Outlet kit I bought came with a 10lb bottle so decided to utilize it and go for a 100 shot.

My setup:
Lingenfelter ported heads
.050” mill
TSP 4.2 Cam
Mamo MSD
NW102
E85
Vararam
ARH 1-7/8” Headers w/ catted X
LG GT4 mufflers
Monster LT1-S Clutch

I made an IAT tricker and I built a relay box that houses my IAT relay and my nitrous solenoid relay. I used a NOS dual stage WOT/RPM window switch to activate both relays. Once activated, the IAT drops, timing is pulled, and fuel is added within ~25rpm.

We started off with a 50 shot and added 10% fuel to the IAT vs Injector tables and pulled -7 degrees. Fuel was pretty much spot on and with the other multiplier tables, only -5 degrees was being pulled. Backed it off another -2 (-3 degrees total) degrees and called it good. Left it a little conservative but it's safe.

On a 50 shot, with e85, I picked up 54whp and 42wtq.

We called it good and I was on the search for a few more components to complete my kit. Got a great deal on a purge solenoid, bottle heater, and nitrous filter from a member and installed everything when it came in.

Got it back on the dyno and with ~950psi bottle pressure, I got another ~30whp out of the 50 shot. Total was roughly 690whp and 590wtq.

Swapped in the 100 pill, added a little more fuel and pulled another 2 degrees, for a total of 737whp and 700wtq!!!

My nozzle placement is around 12” from the MAF/TB so when the kit hits, it’s a smooth transition. It feels like a boosted car. For now, with the colder weather, this is perfect as I don’t have to fight so hard for traction. When it starts to warm up a little more I am going to experiment with the nozzle placement to see if I can get it to hit a little harder.

Very happy with the results for very little up front cost. The tune is very conservative and safe.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:02 PM
Turbo2L
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

This stuff is addictive (there's a reason why they call it "dope"). Great results. Any concerns for the SBE? I have jets for 125 and 150 if you're feeling froggy I'll send them to you. lol
Old 01-07-2018, 09:23 AM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Turbo2L
This stuff is addictive (there's a reason why they call it "dope"). Great results. Any concerns for the SBE? I have jets for 125 and 150 if you're feeling froggy I'll send them to you. lol
Oh man, I already know I'm going to be refilling the bottle constantly, LOL!

I don't have any concerns on a 100 shot. From everything I've read, it's not too aggressive. Lots of people running 150 and up on SBE. I know someone running 400hp on 2 stages.

I was looking for a .057 jet (125) but couldn't find one, locally. I have a 150 jet and 200 jet. I think with a little more bottle pressure and a full bottle it'll push near or over 750whp. I'm down to about 2lbs in my 10lb bottle.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:02 PM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Sweet! Nice work!
The following users liked this post:
jayyyw (01-08-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 10:12 AM
1SLO2OH
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 21 Posts

Had to check out your thread for myself, looks great man! Nice gains for sure. Our cars make the exact same WHP N/A, so thats cool. But you picked up a good bit more on the 100 shot! Its gonna be a lot of fun.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:41 AM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 1SLO2OH
Had to check out your thread for myself, looks great man! Nice gains for sure. Our cars make the exact same WHP N/A, so thats cool. But you picked up a good bit more on the 100 shot! Its gonna be a lot of fun.
Thanks man! I did 2 test hits on the street after the tune and man does it just pull and pull and pull! I need to refill my bottle and get the pressure up a little more to really see what she will do.

I've already hurt a lot of feelings on motor only. Can't wait to see what she'll do on the bottle...
Old 01-10-2018, 11:56 AM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Your dry kit is setup almost exactly like mine was. Nice results
Old 01-10-2018, 12:05 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by EX1
Your dry kit is setup almost exactly like mine was. Nice results
I got a lot of info from you and Carlos' old forum posts. It's working great but the initial hit is fatter than I'd like it to be. How did you guys remedy that issue? I'm not very savvy with HPtuners but plan to mess around with it a little more. Is there a way to ramp in the flow rate using the IAT vs IFR tables or any other tables?
Old 01-10-2018, 12:18 PM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jayyyw
I got a lot of info from you and Carlos' old forum posts. It's working great but the initial hit is fatter than I'd like it to be. How did you guys remedy that issue? I'm not very savvy with HPtuners but plan to mess around with it a little more. Is there a way to ramp in the flow rate using the IAT vs IFR tables or any other tables?
I'm glad those old threads still help some people out

My car always ran a bit fat on the hit. Never was a big enough issue to really justify time messing with it. IIRC, the car would dip in the 11.0 -11.2 range on the hit from the 11.8-12.1 it normally ran at.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:03 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by EX1
I'm glad those old threads still help some people out

My car always ran a bit fat on the hit. Never was a big enough issue to really justify time messing with it. IIRC, the car would dip in the 11.0 -11.2 range on the hit from the 11.8-12.1 it normally ran at.
Oh okay.. Not too bad then.

It sucks that all the pictures are gone (Or I can't see them) but all the info is very helpful. Thank you for that!
Old 01-10-2018, 01:48 PM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Oh okay.. Not too bad then.

It sucks that all the pictures are gone (Or I can't see them) but all the info is very helpful. Thank you for that!
Ya photobucket switching to paid hosting really messed up a lot of old forum posts. I may still be able to log into that account though.

Last edited by EX1; 01-10-2018 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:19 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by EX1
Ya photobucket switching to paid hosting really messed up a lot of old forum posts. I may still be able to log into that account though.
That would be awesome to see some of those pictures.

I'm going to experiment with nozzle placement next. I currently have it roughly 12" from the TB. Going to place it 6" away and see if that changes the hit.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:23 PM
EX1
Melting Slicks

That would be awesome to see some of those pictures.

I'm going to experiment with nozzle placement next. I currently have it roughly 12" from the TB. Going to place it 6" away and see if that changes the hit.
I have some dyno graphs but that is about it.

My nozzle I had mounted in the bottom of the filter on the intake. Completely hidden underneath the intake shroud.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:24 AM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 634 Likes on 443 Posts

Great info !!!
Old 01-15-2018, 08:54 AM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by FNBADAZ06
Great info !!!
Thanks. I have to give props to the OGs that made it possible for me to even attempt this. EX1, Carlos(hardtop), and Spinmonster layed out the info that I used to make this all work.

I have huge injectors and decided to use them to my advantage.

I was able to get a few test runs out in mexico this weekend. This works like a charm. I ran a pretty evenly matched NA car that also had a 100 wet shot on his car. I didn't purge the line completely before the hit and he jumped out a half car or so on the hit but I held him down the whole pull and even started inching back in the top end.

I've decided to throw in another 50 since we had added a little too much fuel in the tune. I'll pull another degree or two out and do a few test hits to read the plugs. Already addicted!
Old 01-16-2018, 01:10 PM
Mikiez06
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice Jayyyw,
The legacy of the dry shot will live on as I am going to follow in your footsteps. haha
I am 48 years old and all I have ever sprayed was dry kits on 1996,1997 and 2001 LT LS1 cars. Never had one hiccup and loved it. Im about two weeks away from spraying on the dyno for the first time.

Last edited by Mikiez06; 01-16-2018 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:19 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Mikiez06
Very nice Jayyyw,
The legacy of the dry shot will live on as I am going to follow in your footsteps. haha
I am 48 years old and all I have ever sprayed was dry kits on 1996,1997 and 2001 LT LS1 cars. Never had one hiccup and loved it. Im about two weeks away from spraying on the dyno for the first time.
Awesome man! I'll be looking out for your results. Have fun with it, like I am! Haha

I want to rewire my whole setup. I planned it out originally, but my execution was horrible. The system works like I want/need it to but I just cant help but think that I can make a cleaner install than I did.

Get notified of new replies

To DRY 100 shot on H/C/I/E Z06

Old 01-29-2018, 05:16 PM
injfuel
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Awesome man! I'll be looking out for your results. Have fun with it, like I am! Haha

I want to rewire my whole setup. I planned it out originally, but my execution was horrible. The system works like I want/need it to but I just cant help but think that I can make a cleaner install than I did.
I know you've done a lot of research on the nitrous thing so I got a quick question for you , I've got a 450 pump , what's the most I could pull safely from the rail , I thought I read somewhere that I def could pull a 75 shot , wasn't sure what the safe zone was , thanks !!
Also is that monster clutch holding up well ?

Last edited by injfuel; 01-29-2018 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:27 AM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by injfuel
I know you've done a lot of research on the nitrous thing so I got a quick question for you , I've got a 450 pump , what's the most I could pull safely from the rail , I thought I read somewhere that I def could pull a 75 shot , wasn't sure what the safe zone was , thanks !!
Also is that monster clutch holding up well ?
Are you going to run 91/93 or e85? Either way, a 75 shot is no problem. You can likely pull a 200 shot from the rail before getting any significant pressure drop. I'm running a 150 shot on e85 now with zero pressure issues.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:56 AM
bmfvette
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 74 Posts

Nice results. One of my winter projects is installing a wet kit. Here is a custom switch panel I made to replace the cup holders (roll top still works). Also making a custom circuit panel (mounts behind the seat) to hold all the relays, fuse panel, master circuit breaker. progressive controller (with remote screen), etc. Will have wiring harnesses to make it all plug and play.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: DRY 100 shot on H/C/I/E Z06