Another On3 Build - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another On3 Build

Old 01-26-2018, 09:01 PM   #21  
g23crawler
CF Senior Member

Whaaaat I never got any of that cool stuff with mine
g23crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:15 PM   #22  
GaragedLS2
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g23crawler View Post
Whaaaat I never got any of that cool stuff with mine
Oh, this was all purchased separately. After seeing your build and seeing someone post about moving everything coil wise to the fender, I decided it was a good idea. I was originally just going to put some socks on the plug wires but figured this would be even better and clean up the bay in the process.
GaragedLS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:16 PM   #23  
GaragedLS2
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaragedLS2 View Post
Oh, this was all purchased separately. After seeing your build and seeing someone post about moving everything coil wise to the fender, I decided it was a good idea. I was originally just going to put some socks on the plug wires but figured this would be even better and clean up the bay in the process.

At least your turbos are on haha. I still need to get mine mounted. Such a PITA
Old 01-27-2018, 02:41 PM   #24  
kunta0908
CF Member

Yea, those extensions are plenty long, you will have some extra slack in them when you get them mounted in the fenders for sure.

Double check everything when mounting the brackets to make sure they dont interfere with the fender fitting back on. If you look back at my pictures, that was my optimal fitment while still having enough mounting points to keep it solidly mounted inside the fender. I would also recommend at least some blue loctite and lock washers for the mounting screws. Its one thing to pull the fender off to diagnose a misfire, but if i had to pull it off just to tighten down a mounting screw, id be much more irritated.
kunta0908 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kunta0908 For This Useful Post:
GaragedLS2 (01-28-2018)
Old 01-28-2018, 08:03 PM   #25  
GaragedLS2
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunta0908 View Post
Yea, those extensions are plenty long, you will have some extra slack in them when you get them mounted in the fenders for sure.

Double check everything when mounting the brackets to make sure they dont interfere with the fender fitting back on. If you look back at my pictures, that was my optimal fitment while still having enough mounting points to keep it solidly mounted inside the fender. I would also recommend at least some blue loctite and lock washers for the mounting screws. Its one thing to pull the fender off to diagnose a misfire, but if i had to pull it off just to tighten down a mounting screw, id be much more irritated.

I appreciate it man. I was mocking them up to get an idea of fitment and realized there are very few places to put them and not have them interfere. I played with the idea of removing the washer fluid but I always get those "race car" ideas and then slap myself into remembering this is 100% a street car and I need to knock that off!

I didnt like how on the drivers side I can only mount up 2 of the 4 holes to get it to fit so I may try to rig something up. Not sure I can get 3 to mate up, were you able to?
Old 01-29-2018, 02:37 PM   #26  
g23crawler
CF Senior Member

What wires did you use for the relocation? I got some Taylorís on mine and seem to work good. I would just like to relocate the coils to clean it up some.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:27 AM   #27  
GaragedLS2
CF Senior Member

I ordered everything from Summit and just bought what I needed to make the wires myself.

Everything is Taylor, though.

I bought like 25' of 8mm wire, boots for both sides w/ connectors, a crimping tool and isolators. This was actually about half the cost of buying a kit from MSD or Taylor that had what you'd need to do the wire and I also got a set of spark plug wire crimpers in the process. Win Win for me and I can make the wires exactly the length I need to clean the bay up as much as possible.

I ordered the harness extensions off of Amazon and I got the coil brackets from ICT Billet.

All-in-All I think it cost me around $200 to do it so I'm not mad at all.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:49 PM   #28  
GaragedLS2
CF Senior Member

Its been a long while since I've updated this because things have been moving VERY slowly due to my busy life and a few failed attempts at mounting the turbos (figured out the trick finally), but I've got a few progress pics to add. Ive been fixing/altering things I didnt/dont like about the car or want to make look better so there have been some things going on behind the scenes but this is the most progress ive made on the turbo kit in a while. Realistically i could get the rest done tomorrow but I'm going to alter a couple more things I didnt like with the kit and make sure the end result is a well oiled machine.

So far the kit is not bad but the instructions are like a 3/10 and that might be giving them credit. Aside from the snag of getting the turbos mounted everything has fit well and looks good. This kit would have been heaps better if they were able to control boost with just 2 wastegates as that would have freed up a ton of extra room and simplified the setup that much more. Either way, I'm satisfied. I did have to purchase some things *(mainly fittings) that either didnt come with the kit or I felt could have been better thought out. All that aside, for the cost, its pretty hard to complain.

Ignition coils turned out better than I'd hoped for as well and fit snugly behind the fenders, inconspicuously.

Anyhow, on to some pictures.
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2018, 01:51 PM   #29  
g23crawler
CF Senior Member

Looks good! Does your return lines look like they will work? Also how did you mount the intercooler? I had to make brackets for mine.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:44 PM   #30  
GaragedLS2
CF Senior Member

Return lines look like theyre going to be reallly close but i think theyll work. I bought new fittings instead of using the supplied ones to try to make sure they work. As far as the intercooler brackets go, i used what they supplied. I havent put the deflectors on as i have a large radiator so i need to cut them down a bit to fit. Did you not get any brackets with your kit?
Old 05-12-2018, 09:50 PM   #31  
GaragedLS2
CF Senior Member

Here you can see the brackets behind the laser cut deflectors
Here are the brackets and deflectors as they came packaged.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:00 PM   #32  
jayyyw
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaragedLS2 View Post
I ordered everything from Summit and just bought what I needed to make the wires myself.

Everything is Taylor, though.

I bought like 25' of 8mm wire, boots for both sides w/ connectors, a crimping tool and isolators. This was actually about half the cost of buying a kit from MSD or Taylor that had what you'd need to do the wire and I also got a set of spark plug wire crimpers in the process. Win Win for me and I can make the wires exactly the length I need to clean the bay up as much as possible.

I ordered the harness extensions off of Amazon and I got the coil brackets from ICT Billet.

All-in-All I think it cost me around $200 to do it so I'm not mad at all.
Do you happen to have the part numbers for what you ordered? I much prefer the Taylor wire plug boots over MSD's plug boots.
jayyyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Another On3 Build
  •