C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

East Coast Supercharging Twin Turbo Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 11:50 AM
BoosTTed C6
Pro

Received 65 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by yur2slo
Looks awesome! What brackets/kit did you use to get the a/c up top?
Thanks. It still has a way to go under the hood to pretty it up.

I will let Doug or Alex answer because I think I know but I don't know what I don't know..............
Old 02-06-2018, 12:54 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by yur2slo
Looks awesome! What brackets/kit did you use to get the a/c up top?
We used a Holley bracket, but we will be making our own soon. It is not perfectly square and the belt jumps when letting off of the dyno. Plus we need to raise it a bit so the AC lines fit on, they are not installed yet.
The following users liked this post:
yur2slo (02-06-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 03:06 PM
1SwtRide
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
This is the highest HP per lb of boost build we have put out of ECS.
*covers up "ECS For Life" tattoo* I'm taking my ball and going home....

So just kidding - I'm like a kid in Ira's candy store. This beast has been a long time in the making. From the plan, to the build, to the tune, everything has been painstakingly thought out and a truly custom piece of kit. I can't wait to see Ira run this car at the events. It will be something extraordinary.

Congrats again, Ira

One request - fix your pictures. My neck is killing me trying to look at them.
DOUG @ ECS (02-08-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 05:38 PM
BoosTTed C6
Pro

Originally Posted by 1SwtRide
*covers up "ECS For Life" tattoo* I'm taking my ball and going home....

So just kidding - I'm like a kid in Ira's candy store. This beast has been a long time in the making. From the plan, to the build, to the tune, everything has been painstakingly thought out and a truly custom piece of kit. I can't wait to see Ira run this car at the events. It will be something extraordinary.

Congrats again, Ira

One request - fix your pictures. My neck is killing me trying to look at them.
Thanks John. Looking forward to making some passes in this thing. Also looking forward to seeing you make passes in the latest version of your beast. New Motor, New Blower, bigger N2O shot and a powerglide will make 1 Swt Ride brutally fast.

And if I could figure out how to rotate the photo, I would. I am technologically handicapped. I only know how to use the internet for CF, finding car parts and viewing short films of an intimate nature.
1SwtRide (02-07-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 10:37 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

I’ve definitely seen that hotside somewhere I just can’t quote pin point it! It’s slipping my memory.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:49 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

Looking nice! Glad to see our Huron Speed hotside doing work in the c6!
Old 02-09-2018, 09:50 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
I’ve definitely seen that hotside somewhere I just can’t quote pin point it! It’s slipping my memory.
Originally Posted by Superman09
Looking nice! Glad to see our Huron Speed hotside doing work in the c6!

Originally Posted by chuntington101 View Post
Is that a custom kit or a modded Huron Speed one? Looks really good!

To my understanding, ECS used their exhaust manifolds with some additions for our use and ECS did the rest.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:59 AM
DOUG @ ECS

The original plan with this build was to co produce a turbo kit with Huron Speed, they are great people to work with but we learned the hard way why there aren't any front lower mount turbo kits out there. Every ounce of this car is custom to fit them, from the wiring harness to motor mounts and everything in between. So hundreds and hundreds of man hours will go into a single build, but at least it's pretty badass!!
Old 02-09-2018, 10:12 AM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Bummer that it did not work out, we will be working to bring something out a full C6 option in the near future as our Hotside has proven to convert over to the C6 very nicely on a few different builds including this one.

The hotside on this set-up does not appear to be changed; manifolds, downpipes, wastegate tubes, etc which we have also fit over to other C6's already with good success. In the mean time we would be happy to help anyone with a C6 looking for a hot-side only!
Old 02-09-2018, 10:40 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by Superman09
Bummer that it did not work out, we will be working to bring something out a full C6 option in the near future as our Hotside has proven to convert over to the C6 very nicely on a few different builds including this one.

The hotside on this set-up does not appear to be changed; manifolds, downpipes, wastegate tubes, etc which we have also fit over to other C6's already with good success. In the mean time we would be happy to help anyone with a C6 looking for a hot-side only!
Correct, the hot side is exactly as you sent it to us, when we get some time I'll post up some more detailed pictures. The frame had to be "messaged" a bit though, but not bad.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:43 AM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Correct, the hot side is exactly as you sent it to us, when we get some time I'll post up some more detailed pictures. The frame had to be "messaged" a bit though, but not bad.
Very cool Doug, results are awesome!
DOUG @ ECS (02-09-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 09:53 AM
BoosTTed C6
Pro

You messaged my frame? I thought is was massaged.

It’s a shame that an easily repeatable kit couldn’t have been made out of the Huron exhaust manifold. Quality stuff.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:31 PM
slow ride
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

What turbine housing A/R?
Old 02-10-2018, 10:19 PM
BoosTTed C6
Pro

Originally Posted by slow ride
what turbine housing a/r?
Old 02-12-2018, 09:38 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by BoosTTed C6
You messaged my frame? I thought is was massaged.

It’s a shame that an easily repeatable kit couldn’t have been made out of the Huron exhaust manifold. Quality stuff.
OK, we beat it like a red headed step child to desired clearances, you can't tell by looking at it though.

Agreed, but on a scale of one to ten I consider the installation of our supercharger kit a three, on a scale of one to ten on this build I consider it a twelve. There is no way we could field those install questions over the phone, plus it would be at least 20k per kit since it requires the Daily's dry sump etc etc etc etc etc.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:43 AM
BoosTTed C6
Pro

OK, we beat it like a red headed step child to desired clearances, you can't tell by looking at it though.

Agreed, but on a scale of one to ten I consider the installation of our supercharger kit a three, on a scale of one to ten on this build I consider it a twelve. There is no way we could field those install questions over the phone, plus it would be at least 20k per kit since it requires the Daily's dry sump etc etc etc etc etc.
That dry sump set up sure is pretty though...........

Quick Reply: East Coast Supercharging Twin Turbo Build