C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LNC 2000 2 step wiring

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 09:40 PM
Silver c6 z-51
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Default LNC 2000 2 step wiring

Do any forum members have experience with wiring in the two-step to the clutch switch. The manual calls for a purple and green wire while my car has a purple with a white tracer and a pink wire. Lingenfelter didn’t have a solid answer but recommended the purple with tracer for the purple connection and pink for the green wire.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:48 PM
Denis_C6-Z
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver c6 z-51
Do any forum members have experience with wiring in the two-step to the clutch switch. The manual calls for a purple and green wire while my car has a purple with a white tracer and a pink wire. Lingenfelter didn’t have a solid answer but recommended the purple with tracer for the purple connection and pink for the green wire.
I could never get this to work, every way I tried the 2 Step Would activate when I would shift. Let me know if you find a way, I'm curious!
Old 02-07-2018, 04:26 PM
Silver c6 z-51
Instructor

Originally Posted by Denis_C6-Z
I could never get this to work, every way I tried the 2 Step Would activate when I would shift. Let me know if you find a way, I'm curious!
When you wire into the clutch switch it would be activated when you depress the clutch so it sounds like you had it correct. I was going to put a switch between the Lnc box and the relay so I could turn it on and off as needed. Do you recall the wiring colors for the tie in?
Old 02-07-2018, 04:28 PM
Denis_C6-Z
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 63 Posts

I'll try and dig up my notes and report back to you. I didn't even think about putting a switch in between! Good idea.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:37 PM
Silver c6 z-51
Instructor

Originally Posted by Denis_C6-Z
I'll try and dig up my notes and report back to you. I didn't even think about putting a switch in between! Good idea.
I would appreciate it, thank you
Old 02-07-2018, 11:32 PM
Mikiez06
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't wire it in to the clutch at all.
I ran into this installing mine last month. All you need to do is take the green wire coming out of the lnc-2000 and go into a momentary push button switch and come out of the switch to ground.

Now when you want the two step to act you push the button and release. I mounted my button in front of the center arm rest console on that removable piece. That way as soon as you release the button you put your hand up on the shifter.

Best way to activate in my opinion.
If you need pics and discuss more Im on instagram as darksidez06.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:22 AM
Silver c6 z-51
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mikiez06
Don't wire it in to the clutch at all.
I ran into this installing mine last month. All you need to do is take the green wire coming out of the lnc-2000 and go into a momentary push button switch and come out of the switch to ground.

Now when you want the two step to act you push the button and release. I mounted my button in front of the center arm rest console on that removable piece. That way as soon as you release the button you put your hand up on the shifter.

Best way to activate in my opinion.
If you need pics and discuss more Im on instagram as darksidez06.
Thanks Mike, I am following you now on Instagram. your way is easier but my problem is that I already have a momentary switch for a line lock and was looking to take advantage of the no lift shifts.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:40 PM
Ant-Man
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

I was going to try and wire a switch to the top of the pedal so when any time the clutch is depressed it'll activate, which would work for both NLS and a 2step so when launching it'll keep the rpms until fully disengaged that way it's not spiking straight to redline if you can't catch traction.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:48 PM
Jwwesttx
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Ant-Man
I was going to try and wire a switch to the top of the pedal so when any time the clutch is depressed it'll activate, which would work for both NLS and a 2step so when launching it'll keep the rpms until fully disengaged that way it's not spiking straight to redline if you can't catch traction.
get a nitrous WOT switch from summit or nitrous outlet, bend the bracket it comes with and bolt it directly to the dead pedal next to the clutch, power to the switch and hook power from the switch to the lnc, thats how i have it in my c6 z06
Old 02-08-2018, 03:17 PM
Ant-Man
Racer

Originally Posted by Jwwesttx
get a nitrous WOT switch from summit or nitrous outlet, bend the bracket it comes with and bolt it directly to the dead pedal next to the clutch, power to the switch and hook power from the switch to the lnc, thats how i have it in my c6 z06
That sounds like an idea, I'll have to look but it was either bolt it to the dead pedal or at the top with a different style switch.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:30 PM
Jwwesttx
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Ant-Man
That sounds like an idea, I'll have to look but it was either bolt it to the dead pedal or at the top with a different style switch.
yea the dead pedal is super easy took 5 minutes to get it lined up right and works great, i have an extra wot switch with bracket i can sell also if you want
Old 02-08-2018, 05:58 PM
Ant-Man
Racer

Originally Posted by Jwwesttx
yea the dead pedal is super easy took 5 minutes to get it lined up right and works great, i have an extra wot switch with bracket i can sell also if you want
If you can shoot me some pics of how you have it setup and a price we'll see man.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:09 PM
Mikiez06
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver c6 z-51

Thanks Mike, I am following you now on Instagram. your way is easier but my problem is that I already have a momentary switch for a line lock and was looking to take advantage of the no lift shifts.
Oh, gotcha. If you get it figured out let me know. Always good to know other ways of having it wired up. I called lingenfelter and spoke with them. Their customer service is awesome. I think it was Tim that talked to me for 20 minutes straight giving me diagram options.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:05 PM
Silver c6 z-51
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mikiez06
Oh, gotcha. If you get it figured out let me know. Always good to know other ways of having it wired up. I called lingenfelter and spoke with them. Their customer service is awesome. I think it was Tim that talked to me for 20 minutes straight giving me diagram options.
just to update I took the lazy way out and ran a WOT micro switch off the ground activation and mounted it above the clutch switch. Just from sitting in the car it does operate seamlessly with a toggle switch which lets me override it. This way my hand is still free on the shifter to activate my line lock and I didn’t have to worry about upsetting the delicate electrical system of the Corvette, lol.

Get notified of new replies

To LNC 2000 2 step wiring

Quick Reply: LNC 2000 2 step wiring