C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock e-Force Stage 1 dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 04:42 PM
mikecronis
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Edelbrock e-Force Stage 1 dyno results

Grand Sport M6 (dry sump) 2012 stock with stock-Edelbrock tune and e-Force Stage 1 dyno.

Altitude is 5250 feet at the dyno location:

The following users liked this post:
sallen619 (03-06-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 07:38 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

So, numbers being just numbers, the real question is how do YOU like it?
Old 02-09-2018, 09:16 AM
mikecronis
Racer

Originally Posted by old motorhead
So, numbers being just numbers, the real question is how do YOU like it?
You're right. They're just numbers! I'll post my impressions once the car is delivered. It's 200 miles north here in Colorado and there's a snowstorm. They're shipping it.

Is a 1000hp car the standard these days? Is that usable? We're going through a Hp Wars these days. I think the tires will just barely be able to use this, otherwise it's a waste (though bragging-rights) and loss of gas mileage.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:46 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Congrats on a smart choice. I believe you ll be enjoying the added 120 hp and excellent reliability..

As far as my interpretation of a great mod is one that gives you a 20 percent increase in hp and torque yet doesn't effect the day to day reliability and cost of maintaince etc..

Over time you ll find that excellent durability will far outweigh any extra squeeze of a few more ponies...

Durability and common sense along with an extra hundred or so hp is awesome...

Keep us abreat of your driving impressions
Chuck CoW (03-07-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 08:58 AM
mikecronis
Racer

Originally Posted by JerriVette
Congrats on a smart choice. I believe you ll be enjoying the added 120 hp and excellent reliability..

As far as my interpretation of a great mod is one that gives you a 20 percent increase in hp and torque yet doesn't effect the day to day reliability and cost of maintaince etc..

Over time you ll find that excellent durability will far outweigh any extra squeeze of a few more ponies...

Thanks. I notice the side-covers run HOT. Anyone take theirs off?
Old 02-20-2018, 12:03 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Originally Posted by mikecronis
You're right. They're just numbers! I'll post my impressions once the car is delivered. It's 200 miles north here in Colorado and there's a snowstorm. They're shipping it.

Is a 1000hp car the standard these days? Is that usable? We're going through a Hp Wars these days. I think the tires will just barely be able to use this, otherwise it's a waste (though bragging-rights) and loss of gas mileage.
Gas mileage isn't impacted by peak power. Yes 1000+ is very usable, it is not an on/off switch.

You will get use to this power level quickly. All you basically did was negate the elevation and now have a stock corvette if it was at sealevel.
Detoxx03 (02-21-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 02:15 PM
RJS91RGTP
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Edelbrock E Force Dyno numbers

I just picked up my 2013 Grand Sport which is an A6. My numbers are similar but just a little higher. This is my second Edelbrock set up as I had the same system on my 2007 base coupe. I had that set up for about 4 years and had a blast with it and beat it hard at the drag strip and on various road courses. I never had an issue with it and it is now making some other Vette head happy.

My numbers on the GS are 476Hp at the wheels and torque is 436. I am attaching my graph.

The reliability of the Edelbrock systems is great as far as I am concerned and I was thinking about an A&A system which would produce more power but I went back to the tried and true that I had on the other C6. I love the power and for what I do with the car, this set up is perfect.

RJ

Suburban Chicago
Attached Images  
The following 2 users liked this post by RJS91RGTP:
mikecronis (02-20-2018), sallen619 (03-06-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 10:40 PM
mikecronis
Racer

It's nice to finally see some Stage-1 dynos! They're a little rare to see as most go for the extra $700, the smaller pulley, and the fuel pump setup.

My dyno chart was at Denver altitude and likely "corrected" a bit, I suspect.

Stage-1 is very conservative. Yes, it brings me right up to what it would feel like at sea-level, give or take, with better, oddly more linear pull. When the NPP kicks-in, it's more linear. Before it was like a small bump like a VTEC Honda might; barely noticeable.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:12 PM
mikecronis
Racer

What was your opinion on "feel"? The SC is barely a noticeable difference to me. Acceleration feels about the same as before.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:10 AM
erikszr1
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Ive had my edelbrock supercharger on my 08 ZO6 for about a year. No other mods except the muffler mod. I love it, factory fit and finish. smokes the tires whenever I want and makes my buddies tap out and say enough! They all have pretty fast cars themselves and are amazed how it pulls. Its not a track car (I live on long island, no tracks anymore) so for what i do with it, its great, bolt it on and go. Easy peasy. The work was done at my buddy Chucks shop (CORVETTES OF WESTCHESTER, CoW), Chuck also did some tweaking after the install and have not touched it since. So if you need a complete package, tune or questions give Chuck a call. I never let anyone touch any car of mine this was a first for me, and I could not be happier.
The following 2 users liked this post by erikszr1:
Chuck CoW (03-07-2018), Lenny S (03-04-2018)
Old 03-03-2018, 11:10 PM
mikecronis
Racer

Nice. I notice a noise which I think might be a coolant hose running sometimes, often during acceleration like a bunch of scurrying mice. I think my coolant hose was routed up against the firewall. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 03-07-2018, 11:30 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Thank you!

Originally Posted by JerriVette

Wouldn't the Corvette Forum be a much better place if everyone thought the way you do?

Thank you and keep up the good work.

Chuck CoW
JerriVette (03-07-2018)
Old 03-07-2018, 11:32 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Awesome!

Originally Posted by erikszr1
Ive had my edelbrock supercharger on my 08 ZO6 for about a year. No other mods except the muffler mod. I love it, factory fit and finish. smokes the tires whenever I want and makes my buddies tap out and say enough! They all have pretty fast cars themselves and are amazed how it pulls. Its not a track car (I live on long island, no tracks anymore) so for what i do with it, its great, bolt it on and go. Easy peasy. The work was done at my buddy Chucks shop (CORVETTES OF WESTCHESTER, CoW), Chuck also did some tweaking after the install and have not touched it since. So if you need a complete package, tune or questions give Chuck a call. I never let anyone touch any car of mine this was a first for me, and I could not be happier.
Ain't that CoW BOOSTED! SUPERCHARGED C6 ZO6....... AWESOME???

Now all you need is a 4.10 rear end!

Chuck CoW
Old 03-07-2018, 04:00 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by erikszr1
Yeah, Chuck loves, lives and breathes this stuff and knows a ton about Corvettes. I got to spend a day with him at his shop once. The dude's like a frickin dynamo, but somehow managed to take the time to take me and the wife on a tour of his neck of the woods. He may step on a few toes now and then by not following the CF script, and he gets hell because of his big, bold-font ads, but Chuck's a very cool dude in my books.
The following 3 users liked this post by CI GS:
Chuck CoW (03-07-2018), JerriVette (03-07-2018), sallen619 (03-08-2018)
Old 03-07-2018, 04:16 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Give me a call some time.....

Originally Posted by CI GS
Yeah, Chuck loves, lives and breathes this stuff and knows a ton about Corvettes. I got to spend a day with him at his shop once. The dude's like a frickin dynamo, but somehow managed to take the time to take me and the wife on a tour of his neck of the woods. He may step on a few toes now and then by not following the CF script, and he gets hell because of his big, bold-font ads, but Chuck's a very cool dude in my books.
Give me a call some time so we can catch up.

Chuck
Old 03-07-2018, 09:40 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Give me a call some time so we can catch up.

Chuck
Will do buddy.
Old 06-16-2018, 04:48 PM
mikecronis
Racer

I notice a little sag between 1.5 and 2.3k RPMs like it bogs. I'm at altitude (near Denver). Running quite rich. Is that the shutoff valve?

Get notified of new replies

To Edelbrock e-Force Stage 1 dyno results

Quick Reply: Edelbrock e-Force Stage 1 dyno results